2019 FIVB Women's U18 World Championship in Egypt

• Russia just won tiebreak against Romania!

• That Peru-Argentina will be spicy, Argentina won twice at South american Ch. But Peru has looked better here so far.

Romania-Turkey also interesting.

• I hope a quality broadcast / live stream will be made available, exceeding the quality of betting site's ones. If not yet in the 8th-finals, then starting from the quarterfinals we all may enjoy the quality streaming! Hopefully!!

Too bad the FIVB World TV does not cover the junior events :-(

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Too bad the FIVB World TV does not cover the junior events :-(

Yeah, this bums me out to the max. Grateful the U20 had reasonable streams. I don't know all these U18s so well and it's hard to tell the Japanese players apart. They're all the same size with the same haircut--basically something that looks and functions like an upside down beard :thumbdown:

• Yeah, this bums me out to the max. Grateful the U20 had reasonable streams. I don't know all these U18s so well and it's hard to tell the Japanese players apart. They're all the same size with the same haircut--basically something that looks and functions like an upside down beard :thumbdown:

Could the haircut be a tactic to confuse the opposing team? :lol:

BTW the Japanese coach is kinda handsome. lol

• Could the haircut be a tactic to confuse the opposing team? :lol:

BTW the Japanese coach is kinda handsome. lol

I’ll bet it helps YOLO when she does her fake decoy swings from back court. I’ve seen opposing middle blockers fooled into covering her :cheesy:

I like the Japanese coach, too

• The four ASIAN teams will unfortunately knock off each other very early: CHN vs KOR and JPN vs THA in the 8th-finals.

Can the THA team do an upset, for I don't see such chance by the KOR squad.

ITA

ARG

JPN

CHN

BRA

RUS

USA

ROM

See how many I may miss from the predicted Quarter-Finalists.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Interestingly, the match-ups between the Asian countries was exactly the same the last time they played against each other.

During the semi-finals of 2018 U17 Asian Championship, China was up against Korea and Japan went head-to-head against Thailand. Both semi-finals went to the 5h sets before CHN and JPN emerged victoriously. I don't think Korea will get pass China this time around either but you never know how things will end up in sports. After all, Korea did beat China earlier during the group stage at the same competition last year 3-1.

• Uh oh, I'm not finding any streams :(

Today is Japanese OH #4 Yoshino Nishikawa's birthday. FIVB gave her an interview blurb on their homepage and mentioned that she's one of three sisters playing volleyball but that she is the only one to take it the international level. That's weird considering her sister Yuki just won Gold this summer at both the FIVB U20 World Championship and the Asian Championships.

update: crap stream at https://live-stream365.com/sport/volleyball.php

• Two 27-25 set wins for China

• Thailand team is playing wonderful defense with bodies flying everywhere, but they're having to play a lot of it

• I think U18,U20 should use challenge system.many points are decided by those bad judges. if you want to get points,you need to act well. it is so bad that those girls like acting at this young age.China win Korea,3:0

• Interestingly, the match-ups between the Asian countries was exactly the same the last time they played against each other.

During the semi-finals of 2018 U17 Asian Championship, China was up against Korea and Japan went head-to-head against Thailand. Both semi-finals went to the 5h sets before CHN and JPN emerged victoriously. I don't think Korea will get pass China this time around either but you never know how things will end up in sports. After all, Korea did beat China earlier during the group stage at the same competition last year 3-1.

You're right, the South Korean team gave a very good fight to the Chinese team, lost only in two-point margin tight match, 25-27, 25-27, 24-26. Much better than I thought of earlier. I guess the South Korean team upped their game in this knocked-out stage. In the Pool B matches they did not play so well.

In earlier finished match, JPN beat THA 25-19, 25-18, 25-19.

Btw the streaming quality was a freak. I detest it when the age bracket "World Championships" are being held in the lesser nations, TV broadcast and live streaming are poorly managed!! FIVB have not been serious in such "World Championships"... artificial attribute only, quality does not follow!! 8o

• Do you think whether Wu Meng-jie will be the second Zhu Ting?

[Zhu Ting didn't play so well in 2011 U18 WCH]

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Do you think whether Wu Meng-jie will be the second Zhu Ting?

[Zhu Ting didn't play so well in 2011 U18 WCH]

sorry,she cant. in 2011,zhuting is 16 years old,and she needed to receive.also she is not that tall in 2011.zhuting reached her height in 2011-2013.and wumengjie has weired action when she attacks.