2019 FIVB Women's U18 World Championship in Egypt

• Bummer the China v Korea stream quit for me

Btw the streaming quality was a freak. I detest it when the age bracket "World Championships" are being held in the lesser nations, TV broadcast and live streaming are poorly managed!!

I blame the streamers and uploaders :rolll: It's not a 'lesser nations' thing. The broadcasts are out there, they just need to be picked up and streamed for our enjoyment. FIVB should definitely add them to their TV thing, but it seems like, for example, if this was being played in Japan I'll bet streams would be less likely because of Japan's hardcore greedy bullshit toward copyright. Probably even worse if it was in the USA.

I'm surprised Thai TV didn't broadcast the JPN v THA match. They usually offer good streams and their fans jump up and do their duty of streaming them for us.

anyway, here's a decent stream of China v Korea. I only skimmed it but it looks like it doesn't have a score bug, so get out your pen and paper to keep score:

• How is youth sector in Serbia? What level?

They haven`t achieved great results lately.

2017 - U18 WCH - 13th place and 2015 5th place

They are definitely behind Italy and Russia right now.

But their U17 is ranked #4 tied with BLR,GER and SLO. While Turkey, Romenia and Bulgaria are #7.

I don`t understand how Tur, Rom and Bul got in and Ser, Ger and Slo did not?

• Round of 16 in Ismailia & Cairo on Tuesday, September 10:

Italy v Puerto Rico 3-0 (25-12, 25-18, 25-21)

Peru v Argentina 3-1 (16-25, 25-15, 25-22, 26-24)

China v Korea 3-0 (27-25, 27-25, 26-24)

Japan v Thailand 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-19)

Brazil v Canada at 3-0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-19)

Russia v Bulgaria 3-1 (25-17, 25-20, 15-25, 25-16)

USA v Egypt 3-0 (25-13, 27-25, 25-17)

Romania v Turkey 3-0 (25-18, 25-16, 25-20)

I only missed one match in my earlier prediction, that's PER vs ARG :-)

Quarterfinals in Ismailia on Thursday, September 12:

China v Romania

Brazil v Russia

USA v Japan

Italy v Peru

2 teams from Asian Continent; 3 teams from European Continent; 3 teams from American Continent

Classification 9-16 in Cairo on Thursday, September 12:

Korea v Turkey

Canada v Bulgaria

Egypt v Thailand

Puerto Rico v Argentina

http://u18.girls.2019.volleyball.fivb.com/

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I went to the Wikipedia page to look at the brackets and someone edited it with Russia and Peru in the finals. :lol:

EDIT: The page is back to normal now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…27_U18_World_Championship

Are there any favorites this tournament?

• I just looked at the stats for this tournament and The Rhino, aka Rino Murooka, with all her 162cm of bad-assery is atop the chart in attacks with a 44.76 Kill %. Might be a once in a lifetime event so I'm posting it :)

• Probably Russia? Some of their players were in the bench during the VNL iirc, so that might give them an edge? China seems solid too.

China looks best to me but I've seen more of them than the others.

• How's the Italian team? I haven't been able to watch a full match of theirs yet.

I only watched them a little v Korea. I haven't really watched USA either. Saw only a little of today's match. It's all a mystery how this is going to turn out

btw - in case ... this youtuber seems like the only one uploading watchable replays. Looks like I might not get Japan v Thailand :(

• I hope peeps grabbed or watched what they wanted to from that youtuber because it is GONE. This is tragic, right when we're going into the quarterfinals.

• Russia's team is more or less the Dinamo Kazan youth team (some substitutes are from other teams). I haven't seen much but i did not look that convincing. The MB's are the top scorers so far (Kochurina more than 13 pts. per game) but the percentages do not look so good. IMHO the accuracy and coordination on court should be better considering that the players play in the same club.

• Chinese player who made me take notice is #2 Yushan Zhuang. She's a smacker. Doesn't care where the ball is or where it came from ... SMACK! It's extra cool because she is so cute and sweet looking. She fools you.

• Chinese player who made me take notice is #2 Yushan Zhuang. She's a smacker. Doesn't care where the ball is or where it came from ... SMACK! It's extra cool because she is so cute and sweet looking. She fools you.

In the match against Egypt she did the anime run after scoring a point. :dance6:

• In the match against Egypt she did the anime run after scoring a point. :dance6:

Damn. That was next on my list, and now it's gone :(

Yushan Zhuang didn't even merit a photo on the FIVB site. Has she just come out of nowhere, or are our China fans aware of her already? She's just 16 years old and looks like a movie star <3 I was more impressed with her than Captain Wu Mengjie. Not that Wu is bad, far from it, but the way Zhuang swings at anything and everything with force and confidence really rocked my boat :thumbup:

Edit: Do you know if she plays for a club, or just a high school team?

• Damn. That was next on my list, and now it's gone :(

Yushan Zhuang didn't even merit a photo on the FIVB site. Has she just come out of nowhere, or are our China fans aware of her already? She's just 16 years old and looks like a movie star <3 I was more impressed with her than Captain Wu Mengjie. Not that Wu is bad, far from it, but the way Zhuang swings at anything and everything with force and confidence really rocked my boat :thumbup:

Edit: Do you know if she plays for a club, or just a high school team?

She is from Fujian younth team, and has not played in adult league yet. Also, she is the senior 1 student from Zhangzhou No.3 Middle school, in which Zheng Yixin is from.

• Both play for their youth team, Wu for Jiangsu and Zhuang for Fujian.

Wu Mengjie was the most talked about Chinese youth prior to this tournament so she has some pressure on her. Zhuang on the otherhand was praised by Zhu Ting's former coach.

• Both play for their youth team, Wu for Jiangsu and Zhuang for Fujian.

Wu Mengjie was the most talked about Chinese youth prior to this tournament so she has some pressure on her. Zhuang on the otherhand was praised by Zhu Ting's former coach.

So ... in China the Clubs have Youth Teams, like a minor league? And they play a tournament of their own, or is it extracurricular for training only? Are there also High School (and College) teams that have their own competitions?

• I need more China :) Re-watching the China v Korea match to satisfy my jones. Kinda cool without a scoreboard. It seems like Korea is winning because they score a lot of their points in clusters. Mostly from excellent serving. Too bad they got booted already. They seem like a good athletic team. China's problem looks like reception/passing/defense. Their libero's pretty good but everyone else is too big, which makes it odd that they don't get a lot of kill blocks. You can see these lengthy arms high up in the air but they don't often make contact. I was expecting more from Wenhan Wang after seeing her in the U17 Tournament. She's matured a lot in a year but ....