2019 FIVB Women's U18 World Championship in Egypt

• The Rhino puts one away from the right side. 15/30 in attack. She's too good for this squad :rose:

• I wondered what 173cm MB Ai Hirota, who hasn't seen any real action so far this Tournament, would have to offer at this point in the match.

She has a nifty little slide attack.

• Congrats USA

I don't see anybody beating China at this point, though

• maybe you need to refresh this page,or to find some app in google play

thanks, I'll work on it. gotta run some errands now. Let us know if the China Romania match shows up

• I don't get a video on that page:(

https://www.ibilibili.com/video/av67063973

Forget that, even if you see it you won't succeed to download the 140-MB MP4 file... the file server (with extra "i") was pretty slow, and download was broken repeatedly, I gave up to grab that file.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Don't say that, forza Italia :box:

I’m not dismissing Italy but China looks taller and more tenacious to me at this point. I don’t think they’ve lost a set yet.

It will be a good fight for sure.

• BRA won the match against Russia from 0-2 to 3-2 :white:

Ana Cristina 25pts :super:

she was already great in last u20 WCh😍

• The Italian team is very strong, they beat the Peruvian team easily at 3-0. This team will be a fierce opponent to the Chinese team in the tomorrow's semifinals, and judging from their play in the QF against the Peruvians, they will be a very threatening opponent indeed!

From the FIVB's site:

Quarterfinals in Ismailia on Thursday, September 12:

China v Romania 3-0 (25-17, 30-28, 25-19)

Brazil v Russia 3-2 (21-25, 17-25, 25-19, 25-17, 15-9)

USA v Japan 3-1 (17-25, 25-13, 25-19, 25-20)

Italy v Peru 3-0 (25-19, 25-10, 25-18)

SEMIFINALS in Ismailia on Friday, September 13:

Brazil v USA at 17:30

China v Italy at 20:00

Classification 5-8 in Ismailia on Friday, September 13:

Japan v Russia at 12:30

Romania v Peru at 15:00

Classification 9-16 in Cairo on Thursday, September 12:

Korea v Turkey 1-3 (25-22, 17-25, 14-25, 11-25)

Canada v Bulgaria 1-3 (17-25, 26-24, 16-25, 23-25)

Puerto Rico v Argentina 1-3 (10-25, 17-25, 25-22, 15-25)

Egypt v Thailand at 20:30 (match #58)

Source: FIVB

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• i don't usually follow girls' VB, but you guys made me go in and peek. i watched a little bit of EGY-THA. i saw a short THA MB (#15), who's only 173 cm, block that giant EGY girl (#19), but that's because they set her those slow, lazy high balls in the middle, and she just sort of hops and hits it down. but #19 also got a few blocks... EGY #17 seems to be their best player, she's very dynamic.

i guess it's a good thing DOM is not here, i would not want to see that horrible coach, kwiek's assistant (who is also from BRA), screaming at the girls like they're retarded or something. won't someone teach that guy how to talk to girls/women without screaming?

• The drumming section for Japan was a little sparse today. I think that's why they lost

• I just looked at the stats for the CHN v ROU match and my new idol Yushan Zhuang went 1/26. I'm heartbroken ;(

And Thailand's Saowapha Soosuk has overtaken The Rhino as Best Attacker :(

• I haven't really paid attention to this tournament, but the THA MB #15, as short as she is, is rather beasty. If only she was at least 180-85 cm, i think she would be a great addition for the future NT.

The young Thai libero also has pretty good performance. I hope she will continue to grow and improve even more and who knows where she will be in a year or two.

• I haven't really paid attention to this tournament, but the THA MB #15, as short as she is, is rather beasty. If only she was at least 180-85 cm, i think she would be a great addition for the future NT.

That Thai #15 is the aforementioned Saowapha Soosuk. In addition to beasty, she's quick and high-flyin'. I have enjoyed her to the fullest.

• That "nifty little slide attack" earned 173cm MB Ai Hirota a spot in the starting lineup for Japan. You go girl

• The Russians are putting a little damper on The Rhino's race for Best Attacker Title with their blocking

1–1