2019 FIVB Women's U18 World Championship in Egypt

• I am watching replay of China vs Egypt. Wu Mengjie looks so skinny....

Where ? Did you download it or is it online? Yeah Captain Wu is skinny but she's a Smacker, too. Has an interesting swing

• So ... in China the Clubs have Youth Teams, like a minor league? And they play a tournament of their own, or is it extracurricular for training only? Are there also High School (and College) teams that have their own competitions?

For the most part I think it's all separate competitions for High School, Sports Schools, and College. I think it depends on the Province Sports School you attend which will correlate to the club you will later join. I'm not sure the exact specifics, might have to ask tomen for more information.

They had the National Youth Games prior to this competition, Tianjin won Jiangsu in the finals 3-2. Three players from Tianjin made the final U18 roster, OH Liu Meijun, OP Liu Xin, and MB Xia Sijia. For Jiangsu only their OH duo made it, Wu Mengjie and Zhou Yetong. Zhuang Yushan she was the only star of the Fujian team. I think I read somewhere that she played Badminton before transitioning to volleyball, might be wrong though.

• China's problem looks like reception/passing/defense. Their libero's pretty good but everyone else is too big, which makes it odd that they don't get a lot of kill blocks. You can see these lengthy arms high up in the air but they don't often make contact. I was expecting more from Wenhan Wang after seeing her in the U17 Tournament. She's matured a lot in a year but ....

A common theme even in the U20 team. They can get their hands up, but pressing over is the hard part especially when trying to avoid touching the net.

• chinese website

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av67063973

video quality is ok. better than from 2013 at least.

Cool, thank you. That's the same as that youtuber who vanished. "sport channel".

• This has subtitled play by play :)

I can't download it, though :(

I gotta see the anime run :cheesy:

• I had missed it. I was past that point but was dosing off

I'm not seeing it. maybe our times are different. Is it a couple plays after that weird one where the setter and the Captain, I think, just watched the ball come down between them? I see Zhuang scores at that time. I was hoping for a full court press :rolll:

I'll come back to it tomorrow

• From the Tencent QQ / Penguin Live Stream platform, onscreen live score CHN vs ROM U18 while displaying the replay of CHN vs KOR World Cup 2015 :-) lol hahaha.... I accept the treat, better something than nothing

http://live.qq.com/10001822

Require Flash-supported browser like Opera... latest Chrome does not work (Google Chrome sets to ditch Flash supports altogether in 2020).

But even the FIVB site shows weird live scoreline intermittently :lol: poor show!

http://u18.girls.2019.volleyba…edule/10707-China-Romania

EDIT: Now the FIVB U18 site is even out of service, Error 503 Service Unavailable

But FlashScore.com is still good!

https://www.flashscore.com/match/zHR8BSLO/#match-summary

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• So ... in China the Clubs have Youth Teams, like a minor league? And they play a tournament of their own, or is it extracurricular for training only? Are there also High School (and College) teams that have their own competitions?

I see some news about high school league.but i dont know how those schools to contact with their senior clubs.also all clubs has their youth team.but also some middle school have volleyball team.ZhuTing 's little sister is studying in Beijing 101m middle school.and also another talent of China doesnt come here.she is Dong Mingxiao.training in tianjin now ,but she is from Hebei club. but he bei is a weak team.she is a little injured.maybe 1 or 2 years later, we will see her.she is a oh.

• In the 9-16 Classification Match, the South Korean team was beaten by the Turkish team 1-3 (25-22, 17-25, 14-25, 11-25).

https://live-stream365.com/sport/volleyball.php again works at the low resolution mode :-)

Hopefully in the semifinals the host organizer or FIVB can arrange some High Quality live coverage.... for the sake of a "World Championship" attribute :-) lol... for the current broadcast coverage more resembles some lesser Third World tournament than a world-level event!

And we are approaching the closing of the 2nd decade of the 21st century whereas the internet bandwidth is available in relatively abundance and affordable yet are still treated with such contemptible broadcast quality!! I put the blame solely to the governing federation / FIVB for not attaching quality and widely available broadcast incl live stream as one of the requirements to host such event, or to facilitate such quality coverage upon its own initiative!! What's inside the ruling heads to make volleyball more popular globally??? X(8o:cursing:

Forgot to mention that the 5G technology is simply before our eyes as such technology is being adopted en masse by the many Chinese smartphone makers... though Apple still launched its iPhone 11 just a couple of days ago lacking such sophistication. Such 5G technology will revolutionize many aspects of life incl. the sport broadcast and internet streaming!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 5 times, last by samsara ().