2019 FIVB Women's U18 World Championship in Egypt

• Congrats, sincerely I didn't think they would have gone that far! Poor Omoruyi, two silver medals in a row.. anyway theytheyare are endeed great results!

• Sude was MVP in U18 Balkan Cup that took place just before WCH, she must have been injured...

Two other key players are missing from the squad, Peyman Yardımcı, lefty opposite who's a member of U18 Fenerbahçe team that won Turkish League...

Peyman carried the team in offense in EYOF earlier this summer, during which Turkey beat Italy twice, both in groups and 3rd place match...

Probably most important player missing is MB İlayda Uçak, who I feel is a better player than Merve Atlıer who won best MB in U20 WCh, She could have made a huge difference...

So, because of an unlucky injury, coach Şahin Çatma's personal issues with some players, and messing with the team in EYOF probably to make his own mark, Turkey finished 9th in a tournament that they could have actually won...

I totally forget about Ilayda, she was a great prospect too. Do you have any idea what happened to Ece Soner? Do you know which players were out of roster because of injury and which ones due to 'coach decision'?

• check out the list of past winners:

2005 - Macau: Natalia Pereira (Brazil)

2007 - Tijuana: Chen Zhan (China)

2009 - Nakhon Ratchasima: Samara Almeida (Brazil)

2011 - Ankara: Damla Cakiroglu (Turkey)

2013 - Nakhon Ratchasima: Yuan Xinyue (China)

2015 - Lima: Paola Egonu (Italy)

2017 - Rosario: Elena pietrini (Italy)

2019 - Ismailia: Jessica Mruzik (USA)

i wonder what happened to samara and damla...

• In fact, Chen Zhan's senior NT career ... After the Finals of 2014 WCH, Chen Zhan has become the fourth libero. She finished her NT career in 2016 WGP (in theory, she could participate in 2017 Montreux but Fujian and Shandong were both Top 8 of Chinese National Games 2017, therefore, still Lin Li and Wang Meng-jie) and her club career in Chinese League 17/18 with Hui Ruo-qi and Jiang Qian-wen.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I totally forget about Ilayda, she was a great prospect too. Do you have any idea what happened to Ece Soner? Do you know which players were out of roster because of injury and which ones due to 'coach decision'?

I've never heard of Ece Soner, my guess is Sude was injured because she was with the team a week before WCH, İlayda was left out because of personal issues with coach, and Peyman was left out probably for similar reasons, she was not injured afaik...

• Both the semifinalists of the match between the ITA vs CHN suffered defeats in their subsequent matches... it looked like the two teams fought too hard in the tie-break match to the advantages of their subsequent opponents. I saw both teams were depleted, lost the steams in the next day's matches. And weirdly both won against the same opponents, USA and BRA, respectively, in the earlier matches. Among the four semifinalists, the poor Chinese team ended up the worse with no medal after all of what they went through in earlier stages. I have much doubt on the effectiveness of their head coach on duty. But a change from the position 19 in the previous edition to #4 is a huge improvement.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”