FIVB U19 World Championship 2019 | Tunisia

• I'm going to write it.here, as there isn't a specific thread for it.

Italy won the U19 World Championship, beating Russia in the final. The group is extremely talented I have to say, I got to play against some of those young boys and they were really great.

This isn't the final step: they have to keep growing, and hopefully some clubs in serie A1 will give them some space!

• I didn't realize there was no thread for the tournament. I will create one even if the event finished last week.

Group A

23px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil

23px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png Cuba

23px-Flag_of_Chinese_Taipei_for_Olympic_games.svg.png Chinese Taipei

23px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png Belarus

Group B

23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png Iran

23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy

23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png Colombia

23px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png Bulgaria

Group C

23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan

23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt

23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Argentina

23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany

23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png Mexico

Group D

23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia

23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png South Korea

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States

23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png Nigeria

23px-Flag_of_the_Dominican_Republic.svg.png Dominican Republic

• Italy beat Russia 3-1 in the final to win their 2nd title in this age group. The Italians went through the schedule unbeaten and, as correctly pointed out by Diesse14 , possess a talented swarm of youngsters. The final was actually a repetition of the bronze medal encounter at the 2018 ECH, the final back then was won by Germany (against the Czech Republic).

Given the draw and the seedings, I would have said that Pool B was the strongest, although two of the semifinalists came from Pool C, where they were accompanied by Germany, the 2018 European champion. No doubt, however, that the biggest surprise came from Egypt. I can't remember when the last time was when an African team reached the semifinals of an international event, be it even a junior/youth one.

Tommaso Rinaldi from Italy was elected the tournament's MVP.