Japan - V.League V2 (Division 2, Women) 2019-2020

• I can't get enough of this 17-18 Forest Leaves squad. They're like Himeji before Himeji was cool, but they're also beastly. And they play great defense. They have two furious MBs, a couple fan service swingers, and a real talent at OH (who's the only one still with the team). The créme de la créme though is the setter. I don't like her but she's so weird it's a gas. On a perfect reception play she'll do a very lazy style jump set but she jumps and lands before actually setting the ball. Sometimes she sets the ball flat-footed -- and then does the jump! She thinks she's being devious. She staggers around drunkenly beneath high passes. Very entertaining. She was just named Captain of the current JA Gifu team, which is odd because in the couple years I've watched them she's barely played.

Seems only the last couple months of 17-18 season got full DAZN level broadcasts. I guess because they were fighting for automatic promotion to V1? Even the Final matches of 16-17 & 18-19 were typical V2 video without commentary.

How tragic for the team to have qualified to V1 but lose the opportunity because their company went bankrupt.

Chika Saito
    Misaki Yamagata

Stylin' Chika plays for Gumma Bank now but the super stylin' Misaki has retired

• I'm a jinx. Chika my Chika is "退団" ;(

Poor girl. She was going to promote to V1 with the legendary Forest Leaves and then their company went bankrupt. She transfers to upstarts Gunma Bank, who could have pulled off a Himeji before Himeji but Himeji came along and pulled that rug out from under her. So Himeji Promotes and Gunma wins the V2 championship crushing the rest of the league only to get beat by Himeji in the Challenge Match. I might 退団 too if I were her.

Jinx #2. My favorite Hiroshima Oiler, Shiho Yoshimoto, is also 退団. She was one of those receive-attack court controllers.

If this keeps up I'm going to stop liking people. My volleyball love affair began with Saori Sakoda who promptly 退団, not to mention Akari Oumi who also 退団 as soon as I declared my love :(

• I need to get a V2 2020-2021 thread going.

Some legendary Forest Leaves news: the V.League site has Momoko Wada as "Supervise". She's been with the team since 2006. Congrats to her and good riddance to that *%$&# Coach who appears to have been promoted to GM

Position Full name
    Director/General Director Yuji Nakajima
    Deputy Minister Kawauchi Suzuka
    Supervise Wado peach