2020 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• They use vnl 2017 because it was the tournament that teams grab their spots through a qualification tournament. However,2018 onwards the teams play there are chosen by 'invitation'. That's why it is like a private tournament such as Montreux and they can't give world ranking points.

• They use vnl 2017 because it was the tournament that teams grab their spots through a qualification tournament. However,2018 onwards the teams play there are chosen by 'invitation'. That's why it is like a private tournament such as Montreux and they can't give world ranking points.

How do they plan to mitigate this though? Put WGP 2017 as the default tournament score forever? lol

• I am quite sure the teams would have been different teams and the federations would have taken this tournament more serious if they had known this ranking points would be counted for years. I hate FIVB's lack of planning. They come up with brand new system every year.

• I am quite sure the teams would have been different teams and the federations would have taken this tournament more serious if they had known this ranking points would be counted for years. I hate FIVB's lack of planning. They come up with brand new system every year.

and also the new Olympic Qual changes sucks.

• It will be hard to find a motivation for the teams that wont play in Olympics. I am curious what is Guidettis plans for VNL. I hope the players didnt get so much playing time in their clubs will play a lot.

• It will be hard to find a motivation for the teams that wont play in Olympics. I am curious what is Guidettis plans for VNL. I hope the players didnt get so much playing time in their clubs will play a lot.

I think the rank points will be their main motivation. If I understand correctly only the games since Jan 1, 2019 will be counted. Each match will impact the elo ranking. The points will be important before 2022 WCH qualification, especially for european teams.

• Turkey wanna host VNL finals and week2 cause of Coronavirus in China. Waiting for an answer from FIVB.

Did other federations give speeches about letting their teams travel to China?

Please do host the finals, then we won't get shit for sending a B team again

• I think Fivb won't let China troll VNL finals again with 18 player roster. You can only pick4 to stay home for finals.

That doesn't mean the A team can't be sitting on the bench for the VNL finals ;). If you take out 4 and put 3 on the bench, that's the starting 7 gone.

Anyways, I think that if China finished last or lost both matches without a fight, then maybe people have something to say, like they do not take it seriously, making the competition a farce, etc. But they advanced from their group even with the B team and the olympic qualifications were a month or so away. China's A-team didn't go and Italy's A-team played terribly in VNL finals. But they had the least difficulty in advancing from their respective groups. So I think there's something to be said about that. Of course there is also the continental qualifications, but why subject yourself to an additional tournament in the middle of the club season (I guess that applies even more to Italy since they could have players abroad)?

Give 2 olympic spots to the 2019 VNL finalists and I bet you that China (and others) would take it seriously. You could have 4 groups instead for the IOQT to compensate.

• Turkey wanna host VNL finals and week2 cause of Coronavirus in China. Waiting for an answer from FIVB.

Did other federations give speeches about letting their teams travel to China?

I think it's reported FIVB in monitoring the situation of this Wuhan Virus but there's not much information to the public when the decision will be made.