2020 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• https://www.voleybolunsesi.com…p?cid=13&id=42522&topic=2

According to this interview, Turkey wants to organize one of the legs of group matches that China is supposed to do and the finals. He said they will hear the final decision from FIVB soon. Since Germany is in the same group, it would be easier for them to travel to Turkey instead of CHN.

By the way, I wonder if ITA and KOR will keep being hosts or other teams will volunteer to take over

• VNL is my favorite tournament to enjoy, but it seems counter-productive to FIVB's vision for it to play it after the OGs. Cancel it.

:(:(:(

• THANK YOU GOD

More rest for the players and there is still hopes for club season to end in right way. I hope situtation with Corona will get bettee

Doctors from China had come to Italy to help with situtation.

• THANK YOU GOD

More rest for the players and there is still hopes for club season to end in right way. I hope situtation with Corona will get bettee

Doctors from China had come to Italy to help with situtation.

Well, if the clubs extend the players' contracts, which I highly doubt

• This is as good as cancellation. There is no chance that, even if Olympics are held (ESPECIALLY if they are held) that ANY team will send their A squad, and VNL's increased importance for the new rankings will mean the national federations will put that much bigger a pressure on FIVB to cancel this thing than to gamble with their B/C/D squads.

• Teams that didn't qualify for Tokyo could still send their A teams, but if FIVB wants it to happen after Tokyo then they need to suspend the ranking points for VNL 2020 because teams are more than likely to send weak rosters. They can't possibly expect teams, especially those that medal to send their best squads after playing in the Olympics (if it does happen).

In the end I think they should just cancel it. :aww:

• I know it's heretical, but I'm all for a country's ranking to include how well their B-Teams do in international competitions :) but I can't imagine even a D-Team being very excited about playing after the OGs ... not to mention VNL's raison d'être of being the wading pool of sorts for the deep dives after it. Doesn't make sense to "postpone" it.

• Ranking points are literally only important year before Olympics and maybe for WCH, but way more before Olympics.

So for the best teams VNL will be only important in 2021 and 2023....:gone:

• Ranking points are literally only important year before Olympics and maybe for WCH, but way more before Olympics.

In the old ranking yes, but I'm not sure do points from past year VNL (2020) will be cancelled and automatically replaced by the new one (2021) in the new system.

• Right now, everything is cutting into something else. That is, if everything isn't cancelled outright.

In the old ranking yes, but I'm not sure do points from past year VNL (2020) will be cancelled and automatically replaced by the new one (2021) in the new system.

Points in the new system are not cancelled. It is similar to the ELO Chess model, where all of your results are taken into account.

Hence it does not matter if it is a A,B or C team, the result is based on historical results of point values from the past and expectation of match results.

Ranking points matter at all times as they will place you in pools in any tournament, continental and world.

The FIVB may adjust the seeding in the future for world tournaments after the VNL. I cannot confirm this, but it is a possibility. Olympics pools would probably be before VNL.

• How often will the ranking be updated? Day by day? And how long will the points of VNL be kept? For a year or multiple years as in OG or WCh?:teach:

• How often will the ranking be updated? Day by day? And how long will the points of VNL be kept? For a year or multiple years as in OG or WCh?:teach:

in chess at least, rankings are updated at the 1st of every month and points are kept forever.

• Hence it does not matter if it is a A,B or C team, the result is based on historical results of point values from the past and expectation of match results.

This is Gold for Japan. Nobody expects them to win anything. If they do get a win, they get 100 points. If Serbia or China get a win they only get 2 points because it's expected :what:

Weird