2020 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• points update every day and points from every match are carried forward

Thanks for the answer

But these points should have a expiry date too right? Otherwise someone can keep 2020vnl results till 2030?:what:

• Thanks for the answer

But these points should have a expiry date too right? Otherwise someone can keep 2020vnl results till 2030?:what:

the rating, in theory, is self-correcting. So if a team has a bad performance one night (e.g. someone can't play), then over time if they return to their level eventually it'll average out in the end, because teams can gain and lose points. It's not like the old system where points gained are there to stay until an expiry date.

• the rating, in theory, is self-correcting. So if a team has a bad performance one night (e.g. someone can't play), then over time if they return to their level eventually it'll average out in the end, because teams can gain and lose points. It's not like the old system where points gained are there to stay until an expiry date.

Yes it is self correcting as more often than not, if you win you will gain points. However, if you were supposed to win 3-0, but only win 3-2, you will not benefit as much if at all. If have a really bad loss, say to the 20th ranked team, in straight sets in the Olympics, you'll drop points.

There is no expiration date on points now.

• Yes it is self correcting as more often than not, if you win you will gain points. However, if you were supposed to win 3-0, but only win 3-2, you will not benefit as much if at all. If have a really bad loss, say to the 20th ranked team, in straight sets in the Olympics, you'll drop points.

There is no expiration date on points now.

Actually, I think there is a minimum number of points you will gain, guaranteed, if you win. So you can't lose points if you win 3-2 to a much lower ranked team.

I think if you lose to the 20th ranked team in the olympics, you'd deserve to lose points lol. But I think it is different if you lose in the pool matches vs. elimination rounds. Guess it's a way to avoid match fixing/throwing.

• Actually, I think there is a minimum number of points you will gain, guaranteed, if you win. So you can't lose points if you win 3-2 to a much lower ranked team.

I think if you lose to the 20th ranked team in the olympics, you'd deserve to lose points lol. But I think it is different if you lose in the pool matches vs. elimination rounds. Guess it's a way to avoid match fixing/throwing.

Minimum number points could be rounded to 0 actually. This would be due to an under performance win.

No difference in the Match Weight Factor (MWF) between Pool play and Elimination Rounds. All of those matches are worth (50 MWF/8) x Match result points.

Olympic Qualifiers were MWF of 35.

World Champs 45

VNL 40

World Cup 35

Continental Champ 35

VNL Challenger Cup 20

Continental Champ Qual. 17.5

Other Continental Tournaments 10

• I remember it was 0.1. Anyways, small number of points, doesn't matter.

• FIVB is very determined to play this year VNL.

1. If world will come back to normal shape tournament will be held 15 August-September/October.

2. There is idea to reduce teams from 16 to 12 to reduce amount of travels.

https://www.polsatsport.pl/wia…na/?ref=slider_dyscyplina

Wow. Just wow. :sos::sos::sos::wall::wall::wall:

• VNL 2020 probably will be cancelled. The final decision will be made until the and of April.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/si…-ligi-narodow-w-2020-roku

basically things are going to keep backing up. And this is not even taking into account smaller countries, who are going to get hit with the virus as well.

VNL countries rank at the top of the list for infected. From John Hopkins University

USA 1

Italy 3

China 6 (probable more in there)

Turkey 9

Netherlands 12

Brazil 16

S. Korea 17

• At this rate, only CWC will be the international vb tournament we'll be watching

I even doubt that one is going to happen because who is going to host it? Let alone will Corona be stopped in all of those locations?

Not trying to be negative, but if this goes until June (just saying for math). There will be no CEV Champions League or Asian Champs (really doubt that this is going to be played), so it will be an invitational.

How are teams finances after not finishing the season?

• There are three scenarios for this year's VNL.

1. One big tournament at one place (one host) - quarantine + 3 weeks of games,

2. Continental VNLs - each continent has own VNL to reduce travelling,

3. Cancellation of VNL. Some of volleyball websites in Poland already announced this information this week.

Source is vice-president of Polish Federation: https://www.polsatsport.pl/fil…ef=wideo_kafle_dyscyplina

Also he said that there will not be any decision until the end of April. This is inconsistent with other sources which informed that decision is already done.

• I think cancellation is the only option. IMO the best we can hope for is domestic leagues starting in October, I don't see any NT action happening this summer. Spectators won't be allowed, players haven't practised for ages and will need a lot of time to get back in shape etc, it doesn't make any sense for me to plan NT tournaments this year.