CEV Men's European Volleyball Championship 2021 | Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Poland

• POLSAT SPORT, our major Volleyball broadcaster will actually show some qualifying games :obey:

Men's Schedule for this week (CEST)

6.05, 16:00 Slovakia - Switzerland, POLSAT SPORT

7.05 ,13:20 Azerbaijan - Montenegro, POLSAT SPORT EXTRA

7.05, 15:50 Belarus - Portugal, POLSAT SPORT NEWS
    7.05, 18:20 Croatia - Netherlands, POLSAT SPORT NEWS

8.05, 13:20 Montenegro - Greece , POLSAT SPORT EXTRA

8.05, 15:50 Portugal - Norway, POLSAT SPORT EXTRA

8.05, 18:50 Hungary - Norway, POLSAT SPORT NEWS

9.05, 13:20 Greece - Azerbaijan, POLSAT SPORT NEWS

9.05, 15:50 Norway - Belarus, POLSAT SPORT

Looks like a surprising volley weekend is ahead of me, I will try to watch as many games as I can :super:

• Not really about this tournament,however there's no thread for 2023 tournament yet.

According to our media North Macedonia will be one of the hosts of 2023 men Eurovolley.

I hope turkey would be one of the hosts, we need a success story like female team. and 2023 could be a good year, exactly 20 years after the turning point for female volleyball in Turkey. Also our 2000+ youngsters are great, they will mature till then

• Here is the group. The top four teams in each pool will qualify for the final round.

The knockout will start from 1/8.

• Which teams do you expect to qualify next round?

The logic of recent results should be that POL/SRB/UKR/BEL qualify from pool A, ITA/SLO/BUL/CZE from B, RUS/NED/TUR/FIN from C and FRA/GER/EST/SVK from D.

But euros usually has surprises so who knows. Would say pool A has the most potential for upsets (from 3rd place down).

• The logic of recent results should be that POL/SRB/UKR/BEL qualify from pool A, ITA/SLO/BUL/CZE from B, RUS/NED/TUR/FIN from C and FRA/GER/EST/SVK from D.

But euros usually has surprises so who knows. Would say pool A has the most potential for upsets (from 3rd place down).

Agree for pool A and B. Maybe Macedonia might grab last ticket in pool C and Croatia in D. Definitely(hopefully) we will see some surprises.

And hopefully Turkey will have a good tournament. Its time for us to make some jump:lol: I hope they wont f up

• Agree for pool A and B. Maybe Macedonia might grab last ticket in pool C and Croatia in D. Definitely(hopefully) we will see some surprises.

And hopefully Turkey will have a good tournament. Its time for us to make some jump:lol: I hope they wont f up

Yeah Turkey looks like a good dark horse for the tournament, especially if the olympic teams don't take their main players.

• Which teams do you expect to qualify next round?

It's hard to predict the result based on team roster. We've already seen too many dramas in Tokyo 2021 Olympics.

My prediction:

A: Poland, Serbia, Belgium, Ukraine

B: Italy, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic/Belarus

C: Russia, Netherlands, Turkey, Finland

D: France, Germany, Croatia, Estonia/Slovakia

• Team France

Lifters: Benjamin Toniutti, Antoine Brizard and Kellian Motta Paes

Opposites: Jean Patry, Théo Faure and Ibrahim Lawani

Pointers: Earvin Ngapeth, Trevor Clevenot, Yacine Louati, Luka Basic and François Rebeyrol

Central :Barthélémy Chinenyeze, Nicolas Le Goff, Daryl Bultor, Henry Méderic and Mousse Gueye

Liberos: Jenia Grebennikov and Benjamin Diez

• Is the setter avoiding Adis or what? He has Adis in position 4 but goes for Yigit with back row attack. And there were other questionable choices as well. And Beytullah is just not up for this level. But those all are known issues and we know why those players are here.