CEV Men's European Volleyball Championship 2021 | Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Poland

• Podrascanin is playing superb.

Italy is playing a very enjoyable team play. I don’t think I have seen enough of their OPP to judge but he hasn’t been an element so far. He plays rather like an interim OPP

I agree about Pinali. He hasnt been an element on attack at all. But to be honest, Pinali is a good blocker. He touches so many balls and that help Balaso defense. But of course, this isnt the main task of an OPP.

• Michieletto plays very well so far.

• I feel like dying inside with every set Jovovic makes. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• If Italy can't win today nor tomorrow, i hope CEV will make one special award for him as the most promising player.

Michieletto already was MVP of Euro Championships U21

• Pinali is definetly the weaker point for Italy, but tbh he's fine as long as both Michieletto and Lavia manage to score reliably. He's a good blocker and a decent defender, and he has his moments on the serve line, as long as he can be efficient on the few balls he gets from Giannelli he has a place in a team like this

• Italy's blocking works well.

Petric has to sub Ivovic

• Giannelli's pass reminds me of his game in CL 2016, one of his best performance.

Italy 2:0 Serbia. They are on fire.

• Italy reception has been pretty solid through all the match so far. Well, in general, during the whole tournament.

As it was already pointed out, aside being a good blocker and pretty good defence; Pinali has good serves. Not always aces, but he creates a lot of problems from the service line.

In the other hand, sometimes I would like Fefe subs Galassi on serve. Some of his serves have been just :gone: Usually his serves are veeeeery out.

• Who would have thought Italy would be this dangerous only a few months after changing HC and retirement of Junatorena and absence of Zaitsev? Team should be on the lookout for them at WCH next year :white:

• Who would have thought Italy would be this dangerous only a few months after changing HC and retirement of Junatorena and absence of Zaitsev? Team should be on the lookout for them at WCH next year :white:

Fefe >>>>>>> Blengini is also a HUGE factor. Just listen the time outs. There is no comparison.

• This is already a pretty good base team for Italy for the future. With some luck they could have some more prospects coming in from their latest youth teams and make this adult NT really dangerous. And to think earlier on this year I thought they were dead lol

• Italy's defense and pass are amazing. It takes a lot of work for Serbia to score

• Doesn't Serbia have any young middle other than Okolic they could try to work with? I'm under the impression he's been in the NT forever and has never done anything lmao He's just... there

• Maybe the last ball should have gone to Michieletto instead of Galassi, Krasmanovic was already waiting that middle attack. (Btw, Balaso set in the previous point was just :what:).

Serbia is still alive thanks to their serves. The 3 point gap they got thanks to Bata serves were enough. They struggle to hold it, but Italy never overpass Serbia after that lead.

If Italy could receive as in the first two sets, this is over.