Philippine NT 2019

• Since there is no PHI 🇵🇭 NT thread here, might as well have one created for the team.

ED1nzB2U0AA-Hfq?format=jpg&name=large

ASEAN GRAND PRIX 2019 SQUAD

OH: Kalei Mau (6'1"), Eya Laure (5'10"), Ces Molina (5'11")
    OPP: Mylene Paat (5'11"), Jovelyn Gonzaga (5'7"), Aiza Maizo-Pontillas, (5'11")
    MB: Aby Marano (5'8", C), Majoy Baron (6'0"), Maddie Madayag (5'11"), Roselyn Doria (5'11")

S: Alohi Robins-Hardy (6'3"), Jia Morado (5'6")

L: Kath Arado (5'5"), Dawn Macandili (5'0")

Head Coach: Shaq de los Santos
    Assistant Coaches: Kungfu Reyes, Bryan Esquibel

PHILIPPINE NT POOL

OH: Alyssa Valdez (5'9"), Jema Galanza (5'7"), Jerrili Malabanan (5'11"); Marjana Phillips (6'0")

OPP: Dindin Santiago-Manabat (6'2"), Tots Carlos (5'9")

MB: Jaja Santiago (6'5"); Mika Reyes (6'0")

S: Iris Tolenada (5'8"), Gel Cayuna (5'8")
    L: Denisse Lazaro (5'6")

U23 NATIONAL TEAM POOL

OH: Isa Molde (5'9", C), Roselyn Rosier (5'9"), Angel Canino (5'11"), Lyann de Guzman (5'9"), Alleiah Malaluan (5'10"), Jewel Encarnacion (5'7"), Ivana Agudo (5'7"), Judith Abil (5'7"), Mary Anne Mendrez (5'11")

OPP: Faith Nisperos (5'11"), Ysa Jimenez (5'10"), Lycha Ebon (5'11")

MB: Alexis Miner (5'11"), KC Galdones (5'9"), Imee Hernandez (5'10"), Janna Torres (5'10"), Marist Layug (6'0"), Jeannette Villareal (5'8")

S: Alina Bicar (5'4"), Mafe Galanza (5'5")

L: Justine Dorog (5'4"), Justine Jazareno (5'5"), Ria Duremdes (5'3"),

• Credits to: Take (https://twitter.com/take10641098) on twitter for the awesome photo!

Good on you mate for creating the thread! I look forward to reading a little back and forth about the team.

I'm sure the same artist makes those cartoon rosters for Japan. Very cute!

• What the PHI needs are a few stable 2nd OH that aren't used much for attacking and more for reception with the libero. I've heard Pons and Ara are good in that aspect and should be included on the NT pool if available and healthy enough.

A tall line up may seem intimidating, but if your team can't pass a good ball to the setter, there is not many chances to set the ball properly or use the middles either at times and render your tall team rather useless. It's all about balance.

• Macandili is a rapscallion, quick and courageous with her body, but doesn't seem like a great passer, especially so if she's tasked with a 2nd contact set.

• Speaking of 2nd contacts. I just watched my new hero Mary Joy get one and set it to Mau (I believe) for a pipe attack. After she set it she started lollipoppin' her way back to the middle as if she had enough time to get ready for the next play from the other side instead of finishing the one she started. Mau made a wimpy hit and Thatdao tapped it back to the floor. Mary Joy should have and could have gotten it if she was in the moment. She's in my doghouse a little bit now. That's the kind of thing you can't do if you want to get to the top.