LVSF 2020

• LVSF + LVSM : QPL = V.League Division 1/2 : sitenoise

:lol:

Further down the list. As a first destination for American players it is good right out of college. However, the pay is not great compared to Europe. Also, if you are not yet determined to be a professional player, it helps give you experience to make that decision.

• Further down the list. As a first destination for American players it is good right out of college. However, the pay is not great compared to Europe. Also, if you are not yet determined to be a professional player, it helps give you experience to make that decision.

Actually the pay is higher than 3/4 of the european leagues: just the best ones can pay more. Some players from SFV said they earned more within the short (4 months) puertorican season than the whole (8 months) season in Spaign.

And yes, both LVSF and LVSM are perfect, starting right after the NCAA seasons are over.

• So, I was wondering where a dude in Italy is *watching* the LVSF, because you made that post that didn't come from reading stats, and I can't imagine enjoying following a league without seeing it. Okay so duh :aww: I youtube'd it. First result was:

Show me a player who's comfortable on the floor and I'm interested :)

Pop Quiz QPL ... without looking: Which team is that?

If you have the time or interest in picking out a couple good matches from the youtube to recommend for my edification I'd appreciate it :drink:

• My dearest sitenoise

Wapa Deportes shows 1 match each week, on tuesday.

While most of the other matches are on Facebook. You just need to follow the official pages of the teams. They have live streamings and save the matches on their videos.

About the picture. The hall is definitely the Coliseo Salvador Dijols of Ponce. The team could be Leonas de Ponce, Valencianas de Juncos, Gigantes de Carolina or Lancheras de Cataño. I need to see better the faces of the players od their jerseys.

• https://www.facebook.com/23457…3/videos/188963495740391/

Here there's the 5 sets epic battle between Llaneras de Toa Baja and Pinkin de Corozal, where Ruddins scores 43 points.

I don't know how to incorporate it in the page.

I got it. On my hard drive now (took 11 seconds to DL it). Looks like most, if not all of these matches are single, center court camera? Better than nothing but it's hard to learn and/or get attached to the players with that. The Japan V2 matches are like that but they also have a second camera that zooms in to see faces. I need that

The team in my above post is Catano Lancheras, from 2016. I thought it was a recent match because it said it was uploaded 3 weeks ago. I don't see that team listed in your rosters at the top of the thread. Am I missing it or are they not playing this season?

• The team in my above post is Catano Lancheras, from 2016

The reason I quizzed you is I was wondering if there was a team known for that kind of warmup. I really do appreciate floor work. I think China will win OG (if they don't cancel) because they do it :) (I'm sure all players do it somewhere/sometime, but seeing it pre-match is next level for me)

• I got it. On my hard drive now (took 11 seconds to DL it). Looks like most, if not all of these matches are single, center court camera? Better than nothing but it's hard to learn and/or get attached to the players with that. The Japan V2 matches are like that but they also have a second camera that zooms in to see faces. I need that

The team in my above post is Catano Lancheras, from 2016. I thought it was a recent match because it said it was uploaded 3 weeks ago. I don't see that team listed in your rosters at the top of the thread. Am I missing it or are they not playing this season?

You could simply ask me whatever you want about the league. I can try to make you familiar with the players and the teams. Wapa Deportes has a website and an app. You can have proper streams from them, but, as I told you, just on tuesday.

Lancheras de Cataño sold their right to play to the city of Aibonito in 2016. Polluelas de Aibonito played LVSF in 2017 and 2019 (the 2018 LVSF was cancelled because of the hurricane Maria). This year they asked for a dispensa which is a special permission to skip the season, saving their 7 reserved players, which were drafted just for this season to other teams. Their original plan was to sell their right to play to another city, but it didn't work.

As you can see, each team has its own nick name, which is almost always one of the historical nick names of the citizens from the place where the team belongs or related to the city in other ways. This is not just sport, but culture.

Would you like to know why they were called Lancheras? I guess you do, so from Wikipedia:

Cataño also has a ferry service known as La Lancha de Cataño, or the Ferry of Cataño. The ferry service, which has been working since 1853, operates a five-minute harbor route between Cataño and Old San Juan, and vice versa daily. There is a large ferry terminal at Cataño, and tourists can enjoy the view of the Castillo del Morro and the large cruise ships docked at the old San Juan terminal during this journey.

• You have some idea of the kind of volleyball I like, is there a team you think I should look at first? For me, Volleyball Greatness is measured by the Dive --ya know, floor work :P-- so if there is a team with good divers that would be cool.

I looked at the Catano match again and it was uploaded 3 years ago, not 3 weeks. I found a more current one: Indias de Mayagüez vs. Llaneras de Toa Baja. I thought Toa Baja looked like the better team but they lost. The match got better as it went along. Toa Baja #7 looks like she's an important player. She executed pretty well under normal circumstances but I wouldn't describe her as a hustle player. I blame her for the overtime loss in set 3 :mad: She was thinking about how she was going to win the set and neglected not losing it first. I really don't like that so she's on my shit list :rolll:

[Edit] I watched that match before I realized the FB match I downloaded was also a Toa Baja match. I was just able to determine that Toa Baja #7 is Génesis Collazo? An NT member. She has that aura about her. But I'm not sure. I just Google-imaged the OHs from your squad up top and the first one resulted in a #7 with long hair --which I like :) And then I reread your post and you pretty much summed up what I experienced. They look like they should be better than they end up being. But that's only one match. I'll watch this FB one later

• Brother sitenoise, you are really lucky this season. The record of diggs in a singles match has been broken twice within 4 days!

https://fedpurvoli.com/2020/02…e-defensiva-en-naranjito/

You should find - if it's on the FB pages - Changas de Naranjito - Amazonas de Trujillo Alto of february 21, 2020.

244 diggs. 123 for Amazonas and 121 for Changas.

https://fedpurvoli.com/2020/02…a-en-un-juego-de-la-lvsf/

Then go find Llaneras de Toa Baja - Indias de Mayagüez of february 25, 2020.

284 diggs. 137 for Llaneras and 147 for Indias.

This is happening because PR is an elite country when it comes to liberos. If you give a look at the rosters, you'd notice almost every libero played for the PR NT. Right now, despite Seilhamer level dropped a little bit, she used to be a world class player in her position, she's still amazing. Nomaris Veléz keeps growning year by year and now she's rock solid: she doesn't drop a ball.

About Toa Baja. You should consider they'll be better when Natalia Valentín and Neira Ortiz will join them. Both their setters are sophomores, quite good, but still not close to Vilmarie Rivera, another sophomore player and best rookie of last season, or the other experienced setters, like Glorimar Ortega (Criollas de Caguas) and Ashley Vázquez (Indias de Mayagüez), or the foreign one, MacKenzie Welsh (Changas de Naranjito).

Collazo is a NT player. She used to be an opposite, but this season she's playing wing spiker. Her passing sometimes is shiking, but she's not bad. Last season she was the 4th best scorer of the league playing in her natural position.

fMcuiuMm6ifBKp2OwIguCIARJBYoQ4vDLxsXumBeO5Ggz1QgM-arP3fXM5JoxL6O06BWjrE1VbI8pBdhN2UsYzLGfPwbux7ZZA

She's pretty. :saint:

She's pretty. :saint:

That one didn't come through :(

I watched JPN v PUR WCh 2018 last night because I need faces for anything to sink in to my head. Names and numbers will never make it without visual. Roster pics don't help. I have to see players making decisions and owning/reacting to them. I have to see their eyes, their body language.

Génesis Collazo wasn't there. I remembered, from watching it before, Stephanie Enright, who I believe you mentioned is not playing LVSF this year. She has a Gabi/Herbots vibe going on, which is about the nicest thing I can say about an OH. And I remembered Karina Ocasio. Those were the standouts for me. I don't know what kind of numbers they put up in the match but it's not about that for me.

Natalia Valentín was the setter. Neira Ortiz one of the MBs. No complaints, really, but neither excited me. There was a sub who came in, maybe middle of set 2 and stayed, that seemed kind of scary, but I got confused who she was because I think she was listed as a MB but she was playing OH. Noami Santos-Lamb, I believe. Her hair never revealed her jersey name, but #17 is Naomi. Kind of a Celeste Plak vibe, which isn't the insult many on this board would take it to be. I still enjoy, and sometimes fear, Plak as an opponent.

Anyway, I kind of like the way PR plays, but I'm a really really slow learner, absolutely a visual learner, and I'm fearful these 360p single camera events won't offer me what I require. I'll keep at it for a while and hope you don't get frustrated, like if I ask you about something I've just seen even if you just explained in a previous post -- Toa Baja much? :rolll:

• sitenoise,

i don't follow this league but i was trying to follow PUR NT in the last few years, watching whatever was available on YT, and many players are familiar to me.

as you know, the standouts for PUR in the last few years have been aury cruz, karina ocasio, lynda morales, natalia valentin, daly santana and fefa enright.

genesis collazo i remember being in the NT as a sub OPP, but she never got much play there, i never knew why. even for the pan am games last year, she only came in as a serving sub, and the coach would use pilar victoria for the double sub. i'm glad to hear from QPL that she's doing better in the league.

noami santos-lamb is a big, tall OH, but i think she struggles sometimes with reception and also to get past the block. she hits hard, but often straight into the block, instead of around it.

• Don't worry: I'll guide all along.

Collazo used to be a good prospect, but just in 2018 she got to play constantly. Before she was a bench player for big teams. In 2018 there was no LVSF because of the hurricane, so the FPV held a mini tournament in order to have the pro players of the country (not every player from LVSF is a pro, some of them have other jobs) busy and keep them in shape for the summer with the NT. The star played obviously found a contract abroad, while Collazo and the other prospects played for the 4 teams created by FPV the Copa Federación. After that Llaneras de Toa Baja signed her for the 2019 LVSF and she was a standout player.

Natalia Valentín and Neira Ortiz were playing in Germany and Poland this season. The were both really good. I remember Matthias being surprised about Neira's level. She was one of the best middles of Bundesliga IMHO. Noami Santos-Lamb is an outside hitter (she played for Florida in NCAA). Typical big hitter. She's really funny to watch, smashing the ball really hard. Her passing isn't great, but she always has good numbers of kills.

If the league will be back, I'll be by your side step by step in order to give you a proper introduction.

• On june 20 LVSF will announce whether they'll start playing again or not.

The problem is that few players already singed new contracts abroad.

Indias de Mayaguez lost for sure 2 players: Shelly Fanning signed for Legionovia and Ashley Vázquez is pregnant.

Victoria Gorrell was expected to join Amazonas de Trujillo Alto, but signed for Kuzeyboru.

Lindsey Ruddins signed for Potsdam.

Yeliz Askan is supposed to be back in Turkey.

• Her husband shared an IG story to tell her how proud he is for her new contract in Greece. :win:

The statement of the club is the only thing missing.

Last year Nogueras played in Greece and she was very good. Do you think Raymariely Santos is in the same level?