History of Cuban NT

• i heard the CUB federation had a change of policy and would allow them to go abroad legally....

The defectors are those who escaped from Cuba. Simon left legally the island. It seems just those who left legally the island can come back.

• what was the reason AZE fed. made several cuban players to naturalize and take AZE citizenship? i saw that in the polish league thread that salas and silva have dual AZE-CUB citizenship. the cubans never even played for AZE NT... so why did they do that?

• what was the reason AZE fed. made several cuban players to naturalize and take AZE citizenship? i saw that in the polish league thread that salas and silva have dual AZE-CUB citizenship. the cubans never even played for AZE NT... so why did they do that?

Foreign rules... AZE league forced the teams to play with at least 3 AZE players, so Rabita had AZE-CUB players, Salas, Silva, Palacio and Cleger.. They asked for asylum when they "lost' CUB nationality, they married, and became AZE

• i heard 8 or 9 players became AZE citizens... and now AZE league is dead... LOL.

That was the case but if I'm not mistaken the rule was that one AZE player must be on court. Rabita had 3 'AZE' players: Salas, Silva, Palacios. Cleger was 'loaned' to Telekom Baku (which was like Rabita II). Later Samadova joined to the team. She was Ukrainian before.

Btw, I remember once Teun Buijs from Lokomotiv forgot about the rule (he also did it in polish league 😁) but there were no cconsequences for the team.

Rabita was really rich club back then. They always had 16-18 players in Rabita, the same number on Telekom and many players loaned to other clubs.