• You are not giving me an answer for the question I asked. Why did they disappear after their lunch before the semi final? Why other players were not informed if something had happened? Something is not right there.

just before CL final four, Gamova said she was just one call away from the Rio and after a few days she just decided to retire.

I find it strange too

• Does anyone know how serious was Goncha's injury? I hope it's only a minor one..

• Coach Buzatto made his first call-up to Russia for the 2020 season.

In all, there will be 27 players.
    Of these 27 players, they will split the team between those who will play the League of Nations and the Tokyo Olympics:

S: Startseva - Romanova - Novik - Efimova

MB: Koroleva - Fetisova - Efimova - Lyubushikina - Evdokimova

OH: Parubets - Kosheleva - Voronkova - Kurilo - Kadochkina - Yurinskaya - Chaplina - Shcherban

OPP: Goncharova - Lazareva - Russu - Khaletskaya - Malygina

L: Malova - Galkina - Pilipenko - Frolova

Source: http://www.volley.ru/news/21219/

• Busato announced the wide roster in 2020.

Without Kosheleva, Malykina, Frolova and Novik, other 23 players participated in the training from Jan.9 to Jan.10.

S: O.Efimova, Novik, Romanova, Startseva

OP: Goncharova, Kadochkina, Malykina, Russu, Khaletskaya

OH: Voronkova, Kosheleva, Kurilo, Lazareva, Parubets (Ilchenko), Rusakova (Chaplina?), Simonenko (?), Shcherban, Yurinskaya

MB: E.Efimova, Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Lyubushkina (Bogacheva), Fetisova, Evdokimova

L: Podkopaeva (Malova), Galkina, Pilipenko (Chikrizova), Frolova

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I am not really happy with the roster...

Novik? She is not doing much better than Sinitsyna in Sakhalin...

Malygina really? The OPP situation is not great but still. I would to for Goncharova, Russu, Kosheleva, Kadochkina, Lazareva

OH: Shcherban and Rusakova... Bringing experience back... Whats next Markova? Sperskaite has more or less the same stats this season as Shcherban (better than Voronkova) but is like 8 years younger...

Fourth libero is Olga Frolova (there are a lot of Frolovas in the league...). She plays OH in Sakhalin.

• Buzato: I" saw Kosheleva at the club world championship, only at that tournament she played as a diagonal. She is able to play well in this role. Let's see, maybe in the Russian team we will try her in two positions - the game player and the diagonal."

Koshe can be like Sokoraite in Italian NT, backup OPP but can also play as OH if the need requires. I think this will be the perfect role for her in the team

• By diagonal he means OPP? I don't think she played as OPP at any match during the club WCH.

• Yup you right, she played as a non receiving OH in China. This is again what I assume, her position will be different in the national team (OH and Goncha's backup). Busato simply doesn't make his mind up about her position now. Let's wait and see.

Busato will probably try her OPP and OH during VNL.

Do you think Russia will play VNL with A or B team?

• Whenever she destroys the reception line (thinking of her as OH), I think other players will immediately substitute her.

:lol::lol:

Goncharova should definitely not play all 5 weeks, otherwise she will be dead by the start of the Olympics. Busato should focus on serve receive and figure out Kosheleva`s role, and give Ramonova decent playing time.

is Malova playing right now?

• What do you think Russia's chances of making it into the quarterfinals in Olympics? They can lose to China, Italy and USA and win against Turkey in their pool and they are though. But they will probably face Serbia in QF so I think their journey ends there.. I can now imagine Maja vs Goncha will have some drama :lol::box:

• Kosheleva's reception will never improve. We've seen her in SESC and Rezende did nothing for her.

I think the most likely scenario is a bench role under Parubets and Voronkova... but Lazareva wasn't bad at reception so the odds are high Kosheleva's going to get the cut before Tokyo or she's making it as a fifth OH but Russia badly needs a defensive OH so an offensive OH kinda does not make sense.

I hope Kurilo makes it because she's guaranteeing a good pass and a good attack at the same time but that Simonenko girl is receiving a high volume of serves despite the lower attack percentage. That's very interesting for an OH.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I feel bad for the liberos who thought they had a chance but Malova is back and she said no, you can't go to Tokyo under my watch.:super:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I think the most likely scenario is a bench role under Parubets and Voronkova... but Lazareva wasn't bad at reception so the odds are high Kosheleva's going to get the cut before Tokyo or she's making it as a fifth OH but Russia badly needs a defensive OH so an offensive OH kinda does not make sense

If Russia takes 5 OHs, then I guess they can only bring 1 libero? I doubt Buzato will allow it. The OHs probably look like this: Parubets, Voronkova, 1 offensive OH sub, 1 defenisive OH sub. I think Kosheleva will compete with Lazareva for that offensive OH spot.

• If Russia takes 5 OHs, then I guess they can only bring 1 libero? I doubt Buzato will allow it. The OHs probably look like this: Parubets, Voronkova, 1 offensive OH sub, 1 defenisive OH sub. I think Kosheleva will compete with Lazareva for that offensive OH spot.

In my opinion, Kurilo is the all-rounder so she's a bit different from an offensive and defensive sub.

#FreeBritney

• I still think Kosheleva will make it to Tokyo, especially now she is back playing in Russia so the Federation will definitely put pressure on Buzato to consider her (if only due to her experience). No question she will be the best candidate in the double sub, compared to say Khaletskaia or God forbid, Malygina. Only question if she will allow to be backup to Goncha :whistle: