• Now Busato is officially Russia's coach and will be with the players at the Tokyo Olympics!

https://www.sport-express.ru/v…o-olimpiady-2020-1610537/

Taking into account the Olympic cycle that the Russian players presented, what is your opinion about the 12 players who will represent Russia?

My ideal team:

S: Startseva - Romanova

OPP: Goncharova - Lazareva (she is Russia's future OPP. MVP in college games and has great potential. I believe there is no other player to replace Goncharova).

MB: Koroleva - Fetisova - Lazarenko (I believe she is much better than Efimova)

OH: Parubets - Voronkova - Kadokchina - Kosheleva (reserve player only)

L: Malova (Russia's best libero with Parubets will have a reception line of the best in the world).

What is your opinion about the Russian team for the Olympic year? :super:

• I agree with your roster.

Kosheleva has been playing very fired up in China and that's how the Russian team should always play. I dont think she should sign anywhere after the season in China is over. Last season she went from Sesc to Scandicci and got injured. She should just rest and join the NT for VNL.

• I will take only one of either Kadochkina or Kosheleva since they are primarily attacking OHs but Koshe has the edge due to her experience. I think you overestimate Parubet's reception capability. She may be the best in Russia, but she is nowhere near Robinson for example when it comes to her consistency in reception. I would add maybe Scherban or an OH who can help in reception.

If Malova does not want to return to NT then Russia will have no choice but to use 2 liberos and that will take 1 OH spot. Lazarenko can be a good serving sub. This role she had done on WC for example so I think she is the perfect choice as 3rd MB

• The new coach of the Russian women's volleyball team Sergio Buzato said that in the spring of 2020 he will call Tatiana Kosheleva for training in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics:

https://russiavolley.ru/2019/1…ornuyu-tatyanu-koshelevu/

• The new coach of the Russian women's volleyball team Sergio Buzato said that in the spring of 2020 he will call Tatiana Kosheleva for training in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics:

https://russiavolley.ru/2019/1…ornuyu-tatyanu-koshelevu/

Errr I hope Buzato does not make the same mistake with Kosheleva in the past.. I only want Koshe in the team as sub, either as 3rd OH or backup OPP. Koshe can't be playing like 2015 again her attack can no longer compensate for her weakness in reception :down:

• This doesn't get old does it? This is a political move to isolate Russia from World Sports. Just sad

get over it ...there you go with your absurd paranoia thinking that the US and the rest of the world is against Russia. What’s the point of it ? If there’s was something wrong with Russia reports or whatever they call it , it’s to be penalized and it’s system held accountable .

• After the first game against Minas, where Kosheleva scored 28 points, his team's last 2 matches were very bad.

In the game against Conegliano, 10 attack attempts, only 2 points.

Today, against the Eczacibasi Vitra team, 12 attack attempts, just 2 points as well.

Against large teams and efficient blocks, Kosheleva's game is not good.

Many fans were excited about the player's return and good form. However, when played at a high level with good players, Kosheleva is not the same.

Their best foundation, which is the attack, is no longer like years ago and time passes for all players.

Not to mention all the tactical scheme that even in the Chinese team had to exist for her to play. Shifting opposites to the pass, changing pointers to the opposite position to cover Kosheleva's reception and defense.

It's worth having a player, that's fine, shone and scared the world with her attacks in the 2010-2015 cycle, but it's 2020.

Is she really useful to the national team? Tip? Opposite? Holder? Reservation?

Big clubs usually seek to renew their contracts with good players who contribute to the teams, look at the big players in the world, they are always on 2 or 3 year contracts with big teams. For the past 5 years, Kosheleva hasn't stopped at any team, played at 5 different ones. And in 100% of them, as opposed to having to go through, tactical scheme prepared for her to break in the attack, and nothing done (had the bruise, but even before the bruise, it already existed).

Let's wait for the scenes of the next chapters.

• Kosheleva can be better, than say, Khaletskaia when in the double sub? Koshe can be back in the team but definitely not as starter. Backup to Goncha most likely

• According to the rumor, Fang Yan said Kosheleva had a cold. Therefore, she didn't play more time.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• This anti-Russian hysteria is a multi-part series we've all seen before. Even (1990s soap-opera) Santa Barbara was more interesting than this show on Russia and doping.

Or WADA is just sick of doping issues from Russia although they have been warned multiple times:roll:

• I remember very well, Sylla and Antonijevic's blood samples were taken, both were positive, but so surprisingly, Sylla was allowed to participate in the competition, OTOH Antonijevic was the only one who was banned due to doping issues. I don't think athletes from other countries are 100% clear. It is not a new doping issue, they were stuck in past. You and me never get along well on this forum (every users here know it), WADA (USA) dont get along well with Russia. That's it. You need more drama. But I've done it with you.

Man, that had nothing to do with doping. It was food contamination. Both Antonijevic and Sylla were suspended for a few weeks, which caused both to miss the Euro Championships 2017, because they were found positive to clenbuterol, a substance contained in many food items in China. Both athletes had stayed in the same hotel during Grand Prix in China and it was proved that the clenbuterol entered their bodies through food. That's why the FIVB soon lifted their suspension, first Antonijevic and then Sylla.

• This anti-Russian hysteria is a multi-part series we've all seen before. Even (1990s soap-opera) Santa Barbara was more interesting than this show on Russia and doping.

I'm just gonna put this here... people interested in the truth can find for themselves.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/re…e-violations-adrvs-report

• Can't believe some people here are literally copy-pasting Putin's political agenda :gone: it is simple, Russia refused to work with the anti doping agency and remained shady, many athletes recently and in the past have been caught positive after that and they do simply deserve the ban therefore.

The argument wasn't if Russia should be banned or not but if Russia should be completely banned from entering any sports or individual athletes allowed to play under a neutral flag.

Don't get me wrong, I do think most of Europe hates on Russia for no reason all the time but this is not something that should have been tolerated no matter the country. It is not about Russia as a country, about the sports federations.

Antonijevic is also Serbian, not Russian and indeed that was a whole other story. Don't know why it even got brought up.

• What I mean't with 'hates on Russia' was that people sometimes blame Russia for everything and are very prejudiced towards Russia this is thanks to negative propaganda, like how the 17 y/o Russian twins got booed at Eurovision 2014, which was unacceptable. I don't think Europeans hate Russia or Russians, but many seem very prejudiced about how the country thrives and is being ruled.

I mentioned this because you guys were talking about the anti-Russia movement/hysteria, and wanted to say: for me I don't care about stereotypes people put on nations as indeed everyone is different. But doping just shouldn't be accepted no matter the country, I agree that some countries are less hard punished compared to Russia and that should not be accepted either.

The problem here is with the Russian federations, it is one thing for a player to use doping individually and another thing for the federation to basically enable it...

• Why the clenbuterol did not enter to the bodies of other players ? This sounds a bit strange to me but dunno. I literally meant I dont think athletes from other countries 100% clean. It's not like I have a problem with Sylla, I really like her indeed. I literally meant they have problem with Russia as a country. It is big unfair for athletes, who are 100% clean, but they will be punished instead of others. I don't appreciate Russia for that, instead it is big shame to me. But there is a question, are athletes from other countries innocent ? They all never used it ? I believe that there are some who never use it, but all of them are 100% clean ? Who knows.

It could be that the amount of substance found in Sylla and Antonejivic was above the recommended amount. It doesnt mean that others did not have it.

• Irina Fetisova (interview): “I want to tell the WADA executive committee that they do not summarize all the athletes in one group. We have deservedly been selected for the Olympic Games and we want to go there. Every athlete’s dream is to get to the Olympics. If the Russian team is not allowed, it will be unfair. I’m sure that most Russian athletes don’t take doping. Why should we suffer? Come at least for every volleyball match, take doping samples from us, we are clean. I have never taken dope, and it’s strange for me that anyone takes dope. This situation makes me upset. For us, of course, it is important to appear under the Russian flag. But if you have to go to the Olympics without a flag, then let it be so. "