• No Fetisova? :down::down:

• Natalia Goncharova (interview): "In many countries there are athletes who have passed positive doping tests, but for this they do not completely punish the whole country and all athletes. If the athlete is clean, he/she must participate in the Olympic Games. If an athlete is caught in doping, he/she is disqualified and does not participate. It's simple, you can’t remove the whole country. It is unpleasant that the Russian team can be suspended for four years from the Olympic Games and generally from international tournaments. This is unfair, especially with regard to volleyball. We are all clean. There was not a single case in our volleyball, because of which we could not be allowed. I think that everything will end well, and we will go to the Olympics in a good mood. I hope that we will nevertheless perform under the Russian flag, for us this is very important. But if there is a neutral flag, all the same, everyone will know that we are the Russian team, our country will root for us. Everyone will understand that we are Russia. I want that this time there would be no repetition of the last Olympics in Rio, when there was half a month left before departure, and it was not clear whether we were going or not. I would like they make a decision in our favor as soon as possible and that everyone calmly prepare for the Olympics. At the Olympic Games in Tokyo, we want to compete for medals, this is very important for our country. We will try to do our best. "

• I love me some Goncharova and Fetisova:heart:

And i agree, Efimova has a very endearing face and personality :heart:

Goncharova is still a beauty now, but less so. I remember 2014 WCH she was so stunning, I think around that time it was her peak beauty-wise. And the year after in 2015 she cemented herself as one of the world's best players if we talk about her skills:flower:

• Natalia Kulikova, who became the world champion in 2006, decided to change her sex. She is Max Kulikov now.

Not really surprising, she looked rather Max-like back then already (no offense!). Nice to see that she/he is brave enough to do that, I suppose in Russia it's still much harder than in some other countries...

• Not really surprising, she looked rather Max-like back then already (no offense!). Nice to see that she/he is brave enough to do that, I suppose in Russia it's still much harder than in some other countries...

when did russia become easy? I believe they’re one of the countries where LGBT rights are close to 0. Or does he reside somewhere else now?

• Natalia Goncharova (interview): "In many countries there are athletes who have passed positive doping tests, but for this they do not completely punish the whole country and all athletes. If the athlete is clean, he/she must participate in the Olympic Games. If an athlete is caught in doping, he/she is disqualified and does not participate. It's simple, you can’t remove the whole country. It is unpleasant that the Russian team can be suspended for four years from the Olympic Games and generally from international tournaments. This is unfair, especially with regard to volleyball. We are all clean. There was not a single case in our volleyball, because of which we could not be allowed. I think that everything will end well, and we will go to the Olympics in a good mood. I hope that we will nevertheless perform under the Russian flag, for us this is very important. But if there is a neutral flag, all the same, everyone will know that we are the Russian team, our country will root for us. Everyone will understand that we are Russia. I want that this time there would be no repetition of the last Olympics in Rio, when there was half a month left before departure, and it was not clear whether we were going or not. I would like they make a decision in our favor as soon as possible and that everyone calmly prepare for the Olympics. At the Olympic Games in Tokyo, we want to compete for medals, this is very important for our country. We will try to do our best. "

“In many other countries there are athletes who have past positive doping tests , but for this they do not completely punish the whole country and all athletes” ....

Me : As much as I love you, Goncha, I have only one question for you : where’s your news/social feed comes from?

Seriously , are the Russian athletes aware of the magnitude of this issue? A government sponsored net for dopping ?

• Ekaterina Gamova (instagram account): "It is impossible to make and understand such a decision. My opinion was, is and will be one - pure athletes should not suffer for everything and everyone! This is some kind of sacrilege to punish the innocent, knowing for sure that they are not guilty. I was very happy that this at least does not apply to youth teams. I could not even imagine how we would explain all this to our children. Do we have a problem? There is! To change something on a global scale, we can start with ourselves. Start with yourself to make the world a better place around you. It doesn’t fit in my head how nasty things can be written and insulted people in social networks. They are now the worst of all. No need to shout that if the flag is neutral, then you don’t need to participate. Our athletes are known and loved all over the world, no matter what form they wear, everyone will know and remember that they are from Russia. I want to say thanks to all my colleagues and fans from other countries who are supporting us at this difficult time. All peace and love! We will believe in the best."

• the problem of sexual minority in Russia had been deliberately exaggerated from outside for political reasons without any good basis. We should thank the negative propaganda for this. We don't have discrimination towards them.

Yeah yeah everything is because of propaganda, Putin is great:wall:

• the problem of sexual minority in Russia had been deliberately exaggerated from outside for political reasons without any good basis. We should thank the negative propaganda for this. We don't have discrimination towards them.

WTF did I just read??????

• i adore the russian women's team but i have to admit that i can't say the same with the russian government's stance on homosexuality. Maybe Ksenia and other russians does not really have an issue with LGBT people but the russian government's actions does not exactly show that.

• Ekaterina Efimova (interview): Now everyone is upset, but if we have to perform under a neutral flag, we will do. Of course, there is a big difference when you have a national flag and an anthem in competitions and when you perform without them. But in any case, you represent your country, and when you stand on the podium, you want your anthem to play and your flag to be raised.

These WADA decisions are unfair. We, volleyball players, do not use doping. We have nothing to do with these problems. We always have doping tests, we have never been spotted in violations. These WADA decisions are a blow to the Russian sport. Some athletes, which were not noticed in the doping, may not be allowed at all. There is no certainty that all athletes will be allowed, still we do not know."

none of the athletes so far are talking about the root of the problem here , which iS their state sponsoring A net to dodge doping.

• Could you guys please remind me why Gamova and Startseva fled just before their CL semi final in 2016? And why Gamova suddenly decided to retire? Oh, was it injury, right?

And we have to take her opinion about doping into consideration. Nice.

• You are not giving me an answer for the question I asked. Why did they disappear after their lunch before the semi final? Why other players were not informed if something had happened? Something is not right there.

just before CL final four, Gamova said she was just one call away from the Rio and after a few days she just decided to retire.