• I miss Kotikova (still injured?), Iurinskaya and Olga Frolova (one of the best Russian receivers last season). No clue why Malygina and Stolyarova are included... Not sure about Novik (I think Sinitsyna did better in Sakhalin, but both not NT material). Would have prefered O. Efimova who had a great season.

• If Voronkova does not get her previous shape back circa 2018, Koshe will take her spot as starter. Speaking of Kosheleva, it seems she had a better season in China compared to when she was in Brazil. I know I totally wrote her off from NT, since like 2017, but if she improves steadily I can see her now back to the team :what:

EDIT: Sad Khodonova is not part of the list, I think she's better than Schreban

• When she played in Brazil, she was recovering from that nasty injury she had back in Galatasaray. She wasn't near close to her best shape..

Kosheleva seems a really strong-minded person, I believe she will be in OG if she wants to be there

• Whoa. Galkina and Kurilo are out? At least Malova is back. How about Kotikova?

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see what's so special about Kotikova. For an OH she's not so tall (for Russian standards) and she hits better in Position 2 which is not really helping her a spot in the team. Kadochkina and Lazareva are more promising than her IMO.

• Maybe I'm blind but I don't see what's so special about Kotikova. For an OH she's not so tall (for Russian standards) and she hits better in Position 2 which is not really helping her a spot in the team. Kadochkina and Lazareva are more promising than her IMO.

Kotikova is the same height as Shcherban and had almost the same stats (attack %, reception %) in the season 2018/19 (injured most of 19/20) but she is 10 years younger. Kadochkina's reception is far worse so far, Lazareva playd OPP afaik.

• Coach Buzato summoned players to the Governor Cup.

In addition to the Russian national team, the main national league teams will also play: Dynamo Kazan, Uralochka and Lokomotiv Kaliningrad.

The group will consist of 16 players:

S: Startseva - Romanova

OPP: Goncharova - Malygina

MB: Koroleva - Fetisova - Lazarenko - Efimova

OH: Voronkova - Parubets - Kosheleva - Shcherban - Yurinskaya

L: Malova - Frolova - Pilipenko

Lazareva traveled to Korea for the league.

Youth players like Kadochkina, Fedorovitseva are in training to compete in the European youth championship that will take place in August, and therefore they will not participate in the training camp with the adult team.

I don't know what Shcherban is doing on the training ground. The pair formed by Shcherban-Kosheleva does not have a good reception and Kosheleva is no longer a great striker. Her injuries left her behind. Voronkova and Parubets are the best options in my opinion.

Round 1

16h00 - Locomotiv x Kazan

19h00 - Rússia x Uralochka

Round 2

16h00 - Lokomotiv x Uralochka

19h00 - Rússia x Kazan

Round 3

16h00 - Uralochka x Kazan

19h00 - Rússia x Lokomotiv

http://www.volley.ru/news/22193/

• Malygina I don't get why she keeps getting invited to NT.. Oh well Busato will see for himself :wavy: After Goncharova, the opposite position is a black hole in Russia. Maybe one of Kosheleva/Voronkova can be backup OPP.

• Malygina I don't get why she keeps getting invited to NT.. Oh well Busato will see for himself :wavy: After Goncharova, the opposite position is a black hole in Russia. Maybe one of Kosheleva/Voronkova can be backup OPP.

Isnt Lazareva better option?

• Isnt Lazareva better option?

Sorry I forgot about her :aww: Yes, it seems Lazareva is the closest thing to become Goncha's successor, but she really needs to find a team where she can play as starter. Kadochkina can also play OPP, but I prefer she continue to play as OH and improve her reception as she is quite young.

• Natalia (BR) is in Moscow and she said 4 players from her team will be back from NT on Sep 1st. She said Gonchavora was there at the club.

• From what I read, Goncharova is injured and will continue to rehabilitate in the club and will not take part in the tournament at Kaliningrad. Hope I'm wrong though..

• Some fans were asking for return of kosheleva but that will not help to russia

Today she made 11 points in 4 set bur iurinskaia had to pass for her and she didn't almost score

Voronkova also has more responsability to receive,i doubt goncharova is gonna receive

Even if she were great this season,the best will be to be a bench player

• I think if ever Kosheleva and Goncharova have to play together in court again, Goncharova might have to take receiving duties as Opposite. She's much better at it than Kosheleva. At least that's the best scenario that can happen. Not too sure if this will sit well with Goncha though.

And whoa, Kosheleva jump serving? I have to see that. :huh: It seems like Busato wants to strengthen Russia's serves (something that has been one of Russia's weakest points for many years) but won't jump serving put more strain on Koshe? She's not young anymore. Anyone got a link for the game? :)

• I think if ever Kosheleva and Goncharova have to play together in court again, Goncharova might have take receiving duties. She's much better at it than Kosheleva. At least that's the best scenario that can happen. Not too sure if this will sit well with Goncha.

And whoa, Kosheleva jump serving? I have to see that. :huh:

Remember that goncha was as OH but passing just a little because sokolova covers almost all the field with kryuchkova

And goncha did because russia had big chances at london but after she speak bad about gamova & soko and even now with kosheleva she said some things that shows they're not friends anymore like used to

I don't think she accepts to change her position,she has a big ego

And now diffenten than 2012 russia needs her instead her needing russia