Continental Olympic Qualifier Tokyo 2020

• Continental qualifications are not FIVB's tournaments, so to check EuroVolley TV. I don't think other continents have OTT service like CEV.

I've just checked EuroVolley TV schedule. They only show the schedule of the pool matches, but not semi-final and final. I’ve just subscribed to it anyways.

• Below is the 14-player roster of teams in the "Group of Death" (Pool A) of the European qualifier (source: world of volley):

Bulgaria

OH: Skrimov, Atanasov, N. Penchev, R. Penchev

MB: Yosifov, Gotsev, Todorov, Grozdanov

S: Seganov, Dimitrov

OPP: Sokolov, Chernokozhev

L: Salparov, Karakashev

France

OH: N'gapeth, Tillie, Lyneel, Louati, Carle

MB: Le Goff, Le Roux, Chinenyeze, Bultor

S: Toniutti, Brizard

OPP: Patry, Winkelmuller

L: Grebennikov

The Netherlands

OH: van Garderen, ter Horst, Gommans, Maan

MB: Plak, van der Ent, Smit, Parkinson

S: van Solkema, Keemink

OPP: Abdel-Aziz, ter Maat

L: Andringa, Dronkers

Serbia

OH: Kovacevic, Ivovic, Petric, Stankovic

MB: Lisinac, Podrascanin, Krsmanovic

S: Jovovic, Mitic

OPP: Atanasijevic, Luburic, Vucicevic

L: Majstorovic, Pekovic

• I've found the 14-player roster of Team Iran for the Asian qualifier a little surprising:

OH: Ebadipour, Fayazi, Sharifi, Mirzajanpour

MB: Mousavi, Shafiei, Mojarad, Abedini

S: Marouf, Karimi

OPP: Yali, Mahmoudi

L: Hazratpour, Moazzen

Apart from the absence of the injured Ghafour, Ghaemi and Manavi are also missing from the squad. Does any fan of the Iranian NT know the condition of these missing players?

• Ghaemi is injured and will be out for a long time. nobody mentioned it because that's an old news.

Manavinejad was with the team just didn't get selected. didn't even make it to last 16. Esfandiar was the last OH Kolakovic dropped.

• I like Mojarad, he is a talented young middle blocker. I love watching him play. But still don't know how to watch the Asia qualification.

• The Korean men's team need to step up their game. Such a shame they aren't showing their best internationally. I hope they advance to Tokyo.

Well that's easier said than done.

Korea is simply not as physical as Australia and China or as technical as the Japanese and Iranians.

They lie in between and sadly the middle is usually the worst because there's only so much coaching can do for men's volleyball and even having an ace spiker type of phenomenon you see in the likes of Egonu or Zhu Ting may not be enough for a mediocre team because the rest of the other teams have two or more male players that are as good or even better than a hypothetical KYK of the South Korean team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Any alternatives to watch tournament in Berlin?
    Link "Watch the Match" on CEV.EU-website doesn't work:

https://www.cev.eu/Competition…ge.aspx?ID=1207&mID=37608

• That's one hilarious challenge system SFX.:lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Louati already with 2 aces.

And make it three.

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• That was a really lucky head deflection from Patry's blocked attack for France.

#FreeBritney

• Kovacevic is so bad in this game.

#FreeBritney

• France just showing they are technically a much better team. Serbia have one or two moments but for the most part they are a bit of a train wreck. noone has any sort of consistency. French opposite definitely much better so far.