Continental Olympic Qualifier Tokyo 2020

• Come on Bulgaria! We need a tie-break! 3 times in a row that they are so close to the tie the score, but then silly mistakes ?(

• To whom Grozer said bye with his hand? :/

Congrats Germany! I really didnt expect them in the final. Congrats Giani! Cant stop loving an athlete like him :super:

• Grozer its just a force of nature! Playing in such a high level for so many years.

Hope germany goes to Tokyo.

This is a well balanced team who are playing together for so many years.

Tobias was a good addiction but the libero must to step up his game.

• Did gernany national team participated at the world qualification to tokyo?

• Skrimov is probably the most useful starter and substitute. His serve give Bulgaria a fighting chance.

Yosifov is truly a captain material. So reliable in every moment. Few mistakes besides some net touches, I believe.

Your comment about Yosifov applies to the second half of the match. He's among the ones to blame before Bulgaria woke up to some extent, with all the serve faults, net touches and an uncalled-for reception fault. Unfortunately, he didn't stay calm enough as a captain.

• Did gernany national team participated at the world qualification to tokyo?

No. Their world ranking is as low as Maldives or whatever that NT was. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Too bad Trevor's not with the team. He bodied Grozer in their last outing.

• Felt bad for Bulgaria. They were serving like bullets all these matches. Shame they came up with nothing.

Their serving machine is missing today. That's why they lost.

Of course, there exists a broader factor, namely, mentality, than serves alone for their under-performance.

• The attack from Bulgaria wasn't present.As great as Prandi made Bulgaria play, I think he trusted Sokolov too much.

There were some errors with the block and the serve but ultimately, the fourth set is the crucial phase where they could've done a lot better on the offensive side.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Qatar only benched one of its starter for the tie break and the reserve guy Mubarak Dhahi got blocked 2-3 times. but well Australia can't complain, they lost 3-0 to this Qatar !

hopefully Iranian players don't feel relaxed now that Australia is out. none of the remaining teams look dangerous to me but you never know, weird things happen.

that was very strange... QAT takes out their starting OPP, geraldo (brazilian?), who didn't play badly, in the 5th set. were they trying to lose on purpose, to eliminate AUS? KOR started out the match well -- in the first 3 sets, they outscored QAT in attacks, even when they lost the 3rd set, but then they got sloppier and sloppier. also surprising, the team was all made up of returning veterans... no youngsters or new players at all. their new, young OPP heo subong sat on the bench.

i saw a bit of TPE x KAZ. KAZ is a mess as usual, so bad... but the ratio of kazakh players (as opposed to europeans/russians) seems to have increased, now it is 6 out of 14... TPE started with 3 lefties!!!!! OH chan min-han, OPP wu tsung-hsuan and MB lin yi-huei... what the heck, maybe even the libero was a lefty... i wouldn't know. very unusual. they're not a great team but fun to watch, great spirit and those twins (li hongjie and li hungmin)... and they have really short MBs (188-189 cm)... but they made great strides and have beaten QAT and THA recently. and the height disparity with CHN is huge, yet they took them to 5.

• If I recall correctly, Stokr quit the NT some years ago. Not sure if it was an official statement or natural process. He already declined NT participation back in the days when he signed in Asia. The Czechs didn't make a fuss about it because the guy has a family to feed, after all. I just don't know if they stopped calling him up, if he kept declining, or if he just quit.

it's only one kid... ^^:cheesy::drink:Volleyball players who make you horny  

but yes, he did say to me the NT was not very good (and i guess it means, he was not interested...).