Continental Olympic Qualifier Tokyo 2020

• Yu Yao-chen's perfect defence

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Qatar's libero, Suleiman, "copied" Marouf

Liu Li-bin's goodbye ace!

Asian Final: Iran vs China

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Just watched CHN-QAT replay at set 4, 19-17. Disgusting. Ref should have sent that Qatari libero off. You can see that he's winking at his teammates to tell them to cause a ruckus.

• i didn’t see that but that guy is ridiculous. last asian ch. he tried to fight the AUS players AFTER the match was over. also you notice whenever opponent is serving, there’s someone constantly whistling and shouting.

QAT sort of committed suicide at the end, sort of like in the match against KOR, taking out geraldo at around 19-19, and then his sub OPP getting blocked immediately. weird decisions by that coach.

• i didn’t see that but that guy is ridiculous. last asian ch. he tried to fight the AUS players AFTER the match was over. also you notice whenever opponent is serving, there’s someone constantly whistling and shouting.

QAT sort of committed suicide at the end, sort of like in the match against KOR, taking out geraldo at around 19-19, and then his sub OPP getting blocked immediately. weird decisions by that coach.

What do you expect from someone playing as libero, the most anonymous position in volleyball, in a team of anonymous mercenaries nobody even bothers to find out where they were bought from. It was probably the highest point of his "career".

• woooooow Colombia :obey:

This result leaves Chile with almost no chance (unless Venezuela loses at least 2 set to Peru which imo no way can happen).

Tomorrow Chile-Colombia is the decisive game. If Colombia wins, they will qualify. If Chile wins, Venezuela qualifies (unless Perú makes a miracle as I mentioned).

• The most embarrassing Canada NT I've seen in at least a decade is getting humiliated in front of its home crowd. What the hell happened in the last 4 years?

They also had lost 0-3 to Cuba in the Rio qualifiers, so this isn't new.

Honestly I've always thought Canada has very average players. They are an example of the whole being bigger than the sum of its parts.

Anyway, they can still win this one... we'll see.

• I am not surprised the Korean men team lost. They literally had no defense and their blocks were wobbly. They try so hard on serves that they have made faults there. I had no hopes for them even before this tournament. They really need to rethink their strategy.

• aaaaand Cuba imploded, as is tradition. They are making a ton of errors now.

Don't see them winning the 5th, when they "leave" the match they rarely come back.