2020 / 2021 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• Mckenzie Adams, actually she is really good.

I think she fits the style of Conegliano, because she likes fast sets. I just don't think her reception is good enough to play next to Sylla...

• No way that Adams is replace for Hill. She is replace for Geerties.

• Hill will probably retire right?

• As far as I know, Hill is retiring from club volleyball. With the OGs postponed, she may stay a whole year with the USA team, like many players use to do before the OGs, but she could miss Tokyo as well.

• I doubt that any player will sign any contract before the middle/end of summer. I guess they will make an oral agreement but no official signature because of the Corona Virus pandemic and how it will develop.

E.g. Italy got hit worst in Europe and before things won't get any better no player will sign anything with any italian clubs. The players for sure take a closer look how things develop in those countries where they got an offer from but they will for sure hesitate and wait until they sign anything.

• Has Foluke ever said that it would be her last year? I don't she was working that hard during and after pregnancy 'only' to make it to Tokyo. Prior to her pregnancy she didn't look like her age stopped her at anything so we'll see how things go. Silver lining in this craziness is she'll have more time to het back in shape

• I doubt that any player will sign any contract before the middle/end of summer. I guess they will make an oral agreement but no official signature because of the Corona Virus pandemic and how it will develop.

E.g. Italy got hit worst in Europe and before things won't get any better no player will sign anything with any italian clubs. The players for sure take a closer look how things develop in those countries where they got an offer from but they will for sure hesitate and wait until they sign anything.

you’d be surprised. Most top players have been signed since late February

• you’d be surprised. Most top players have been signed since late February

A lot of things happened since then until now. Seriously put yourself into that position. Even if you have signed since February, things changed. The epidemic is a pandemic now. Almost all leagues are cancelled, even the Olympics are postponed and your mind about your contract would have changed, too.

Let‘s not forget something. The year before the Olympics players are usually split into 2 groups. 1 group prefers a shorter league, a league where they don‘t get exhausted and prepare for the olympics. (Most Asian leagues)

The other group prefers a more challenging league to play always high matches, league matches as much as possible continental cups and to get challenged by opponents just to make sure to be ready for tough matches. (Most European leagues)

And now imagine the year after the olympics. There are for sure players who for example chose a shorter league before the olympics but now aftet the olympics they want to play more challenging matches where they have to put everything seeking a lot of trophies and of course the other way around players who prefers a shorter league after the olympics basically for a healthy recovery because the olympic year was exhausting enough.

So after postponing the olympics the most of the players have to decide again how they want to spend the year before the olympics. Basically VakifBank who already made their roster for the next season will be again without Zhu Ting which they just get to knew after the official statement of postponing the olympics. And as an example just imaginary MBH was to leave VakifBank and signed with another club could be interesting fot VakifBank again, so this the same other way around for players.
    Therefore contracts signed on February are meaningless for me.

Even we have to change our lives, made some choices regarding university or on our jobs, internships and now we have to overthink and reorganise everything again. As a friend of mine should have done an internship he signed the contract and thanks to Corona his internship was cancelled (sure this is the decision of the company) and the same applies to the players as well. Signed contracts are for sure unvalid for them before they are not sure how things will develop in that country where they will play in live for at least 10 months.

• so ana christina the proposed 2024 OH starter from brazil will be studying in France and might as well get naturalised.

She is the third base player who will be studying abroad. First was Ksroline tormena former minas tenis clube player in 2014-2018. SHE IS NOW IN CANADA, MAKING A NAME OF HERSELF. ROOKIE/MVP PLAYER

second is julia bergmann who studies in the USA and the third will be Ana christina the u18 outside hitter from the base who help brazil won 3rd rank in the podium. So sad to see this news for the club and national team but Good luck to them!

• I think because of COVID-19, more players will start going to other leagues. Brazil is accepting three imports now. More players might head to Turkey, Japan, Poland, Germany, etc. interesting to see how Italian and Chinese leagues cope.