2020 / 2021 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• Really? I had no idea 😍 I really like Nika and want to see her in Turkey but Turkish League is a wild scene where you feel extreme pressure all the time and it does not always benefit the young, promising players. If she can take it in her advantage, she sure will learn a lot from Gio and become a better player. I hope she will do whatever she thinks it is best for her.

Gio is one of those few coaches that can help individual to become a better player. Gabi has been amazing this season with her reception and back court defense. Do you think Gio made Gabi better?

• Gio is one of those few coaches that can help individual to become a better player. Gabi has been amazing this season with her reception and back court defense. Do you think Gio made Gabi better?

Gabi was already a very good player, there were times she was shaky this season to be honest but she was ready and played great when it mattered the most. I expected Vakif players, and Gabi of course, to reach their peak at the end of season, as they almost always do, but given leagues suspended due to COVID-19, we didn’t really get to see if Gio helped Gabi to become better. All in all, I believe he helped Gabi and she learned a lot from him and her teammates, teach him and other players a lot as well. Hope to see her in Vakif next year. What do you think?

• Gabi was already a very good player, there were times she was shaky this season to be honest but she was ready and played great when it mattered the most. I expected Vakif players, and Gabi of course, to reach their peak at the end of season, as they almost always do, but given leagues suspended due to COVID-19, we didn’t really get to see if Gio helped Gabi to become better. All in all, I believe he helped Gabi and she learned a lot from him and her teammates, teach him and other players a lot as well. Hope to see her in Vakif next year. What do you think?

I agree. Like you said Gabi has been good before she arrives in Turkey. Her problem right now is her attacking. Maybe because she is short or her weird approach. Some thing I don’t get is they keep feeding high balls to her when in fact she plays well with fast sets - like how Macris did magic with her last season in Minas. Is it because fast sets don’t suit Vakifbank’s style or it is all tactical play by Gui?

• I agree. Like you said Gabi has been good before she arrives in Turkey. Her problem right now is her attacking. Maybe because she is short or her weird approach. Some thing I don’t get is they keep feeding high balls to her when in fact she plays well with fast sets - like how Macris did magic with her last season in Minas. Is it because fast sets don’t suit Vakifbank’s style or it is all tactical play by Gui?

IMHO it is because they realized Haak can't kill a ball out of system, so they let Gabi do the dirty job.

It started like this:

-system players -> middles, Gabi

-out of system players -> Ebrar, Haak

But now it is like this:

-system players -> middles, Haak

-out of system players -> Gabi, Bartsch

Having Bartsch makes Gabi the 5th - and last - player to go of the team. It is like the McCutcheon's USA team, when Tom and Larson had to provide perfect passing and deal with all the sets out of system, leaving Hooker and the middles as lethal weapon. Of course, just like the USA team, the outiside hitters can be also system players, based on the rotation. This is also the reason why Haak became so dominant lately, when at first she was awful (but still I don't like her, everyone can kill a perfect set by Maja).

With all this said, the poor Ebrar made Vakifbank consistent all along before Bartsch joined. It's really sad to see her benched.

• She posted on her Instagram today that she isn't playing for Il Bisonte anymore. Dijkema wrote a comment that she won't go to Russia without her but I honestly think that was a joke.

• She posted on her Instagram today that she isn't playing for Il Bisonte anymore. Dijkema wrote a comment that she won't go to Russia without her but I honestly think that was a joke.

That is not possible anyway, because in Russia there are only 2 foreigners in 1 team allowed right? Kaliningrad already has Dijkema and Cleger.

• moscow maybe? I hope she won’t go to Russia, by the way.

Me neither🙈

• So basically Gabi has become the Larson of the team? Sounds cool and I think she is doing a great job with it imo. I’d never realize Haak couldn’t kill ball out of system. All the matches I saw, she was doing great. But I get what you are saying now.

• Vakıf kept setting most of the in system balls to Haak all season and OH's had to do all the dirty job. Later part of the season, Maja started to set more balanced but it was super ovbious at the beginning of season and when cansu plays.

• Yep, taylor beat me to it. There was a noticeable difference between the first part of the season and the latter half. Haak got noticeable better in practically every aspect of the game, including getting more out-of-system balls and handling them relatively well.

I have to say, Gio did team-construction and building extremely well, as always. Only this time, he made the departure of someone like Zhu practically unnoticeable, which even for his standards, is a remarkable thing. I don't that prior to season's start there is a single one of us here who expected Vakif to be as good as they were from January on.

• I agree too. Haak was struggling at first and I think Guidetti’s plan was to help her confidence by using her mostly in system. I disagreed with this at first but it seemed to work because she was playing really well recently and being given more responsibility for out of system attacks.

Despite a couple of bad games, Gabi was great this season and I think she did improve in some elements. She had the best reception in the league (according to stats), she was able to kill a decent number of balls out of system and her connection with Maja was improving in system as well.

I had a lot of fun watching Vakif this season and I hope they keep pretty much the same team next year.

• If google translated it well:D Busto wants Sorokaite or Plak as second outside hitter next to Gennari. They wanted Brakocevic as their opposite, but she declined the offer. So now they want to sign Mingardi as their opposite. Villani will probably return to Brescia.

https://www.sportmediaset.medi…vo_16888196-202002a.shtml

Terry Enweonwu rumored to play for Firenze next season.

https://www.sportmediaset.medi…io_17113495-202002a.shtml

• That means 2 foreign MB and setter.

Conegliano, Scandicci and Novara already looks way better teams.

What is up with Diouf ?

No news about Pomi and Cuneo...

• Oh dear Plak, help me.. Why does she continue this madness of trying to be OH? Now should be the time to consolidate as THE opposite for NED

• According to some realiable rumors, Italy will stay in lockdown at least till may 3, 2020 (when we'll be close to the date, they may renew the quarantine over and over again) which means the local economy will be going down very soon. A lot of families already have troubles to bring food on the table. I'm not sure how it looks from the outside, but this is what's happening right now. This means that, with few exceptions (club powerhouses), both Serie A1 and Superlega will be weaker next season, unless the players cut their salaries. As far as I know, many clubs will bet on cheaper players that still have to establish a name for themselves (which is the ID for a player like Ali Frantti).

• If Conegliano manages to keep such an all-time great roster even in such times...then they deserve all the titles in the world, whatever else you may think of them. That, and it will illustrate to what belt-tightening degree players will be willing to go to stay together, which in itself should not go unrewarded.

I'm still going to criticise Sylla's unwillingness to separate from Egonu's hip, if for nothing else, than because her game suffers on practically every imaginable level because of it.

• Tnx God Novara, Scandicci and Conegliano already have great teams and because of great domestic players Seria A is the last one to be afraid.

And this is gone happend literally in every league not only in Italy.

Asian teams aleady made there offers, same as Brazilians. So yes I do believe salary are gone be lower but quality the same or even better.

• According to some realiable rumors, Italy will stay in lockdown at least till may 3, 2020 (when we'll be close to the date, they may renew the quarantine over and over again) which means the local economy will be going down very soon. A lot of families already have troubles to bring food on the table. I'm not sure how it looks from the outside, but this is what's happening right now. This means that, with few exceptions (club powerhouses), both Serie A1 and Superlega will be weaker next season, unless the players cut their salaries. As far as I know, many clubs will bet on cheaper players that still have to establish a name for themselves (which is the ID for a player like Ali Frantti).

True, not just Serie A though. I expect the level to be lower in every league worldwide. There will be less money, a possible economical collapse of our entire global system, the virus will bring social issues with it also, meaning less players willing to play overseas, young talents from f.e. NCAA less likely to pursue a carreer in volleyball etc. As we're approaching 100.000 (official and in reality more) deaths.

Not even just with volleyball, our everyday lifes will be affected.

The virus is just part 1, sadly. 2020s will be the opposite of the roaring 1920s with this speed.