Chinese NT 2020

• Given the recent performance at the cwc, who do you think Lang Ping will take to Tokyo?

To me at least, there are 8 players going for sure:

OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, and Li Yingying

MB: Yuan Xinyue and Yan Ni

OPP: Gong Xiangyu

S: Ding Xia

L: Wang Mengjie

That leaves four left, a substitute opp and setter, a substitute Mb, and most likely another outside hitter.

Substitute setter really is key, since the setter is someone who (ideally) touches the ball every play. It's unclear if Yao Di is up for the task given this last tournament, yet it's hard to find anyone in place of her.

• On another note, how on earth is it that Yuan Xinyue is the most experienced Mb other than Yan Ni? Yuan is 22 and Yan is 32. Wtf happened to a whole decade of middles?

• On another note, how on earth is it that Yuan Xinyue is the most experienced Mb other than Yan Ni? Yuan is 22 and Yan is 32. Wtf happened to a whole decade of middles?

I give these MBs:

87-90: Xu Yun-li (retired) Luo Yu (retired) Wang Xian-fen (retired) Hou Jing (retired) Zhu Hui-jing (retired) Yang Jun-jing (active but weaker than herself)

91-93: Yang Zhou (retired) Zhang Xiao-ya (active but weaker than herself) Qiao Ting (retired) Ye Qi (retired)

94-95: Zheng Yi-xin (active), Li Wei-wei (active but injured all the time) Qin Si-yu (active but injured) Wang Ning (active but injured) Xu Jiu-jing (retired for study)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yao Di is the only setter right now with the second most experience (Ding Xia being the first). Although she had a poor tournament I think she's going to make it to Tokyo. Even though they bring back Diao Linyu year and year I still have yet to see improvements.

One things for sure, once the season is over there will be a long and tough training session till VNL.

• I give these MBs:

87-90: Xu Yun-li (retired) Luo Yu (retired) Wang Xian-fen (retired) Hou Jing (retired) Zhu Hui-jing (retired) Yang Jun-jing (active but weaker than herself)

91-93: Yang Zhou (retired) Zhang Xiao-ya (active but weaker than herself) Qiao Ting (retired) Ye Qi (retired)

94-95: Zheng Yi-xin (active), Li Wei-wei (active but injured all the time) Qin Si-yu (active but injured) Wang Ning (active but injured) Xu Jiu-jing (retired for study)

OK. So most did retire.

I forgot about Zheng Yixin, mostly because she looks young, but I forgot she's actually the same age as Zhu Ting and therefore older than Yuan Xinyue.

I miss Yang Junjing so much.

• Tokyo roster is pretty much set unless someone surprises Lang Ping. Zhu Ting was sent to Tianjin in order to build chemistry with Yao Di and Li Yingying, both most likely will succeed Ding Xia and Liu Xiaotong. Don't think they will make another Olympic cycle due to age. Both will be 34 in Paris.

I think Lang Ping will go with 4 OHs and 3 MBs like last time so OHs will be Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Li Yingying, and Liu Xiaotong. Last MB spot will be between Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu, and Zheng Yixin. OP will be Gong and Zeng. Setters Ding Xia and Yao Di. Libero: Wang Mengjie.

• Has Wang Mengji surpassed Lin Li or has Lin Li's performance just regressed?

Sometimes many people will question the standard of Best Libero.

Wang Meng-jie was the best libero of 2013 Montreux but many people think her reception and defence were bad and hoped Huang Liu-yan returned.

Wang Meng-jie is the best libero of 2019 World Cup but many people think she "hardly" received the ball all in the tournament. She was just better than Courtney, Wong-Orantes, Galkina and Pilipenko and got the award ...

Why? Are all of the stacs kidding us again and again?

[I also have an example about Kong Fan-wei but he was a former libero of Chinese men's NT. Therefore, I don't write it.]

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Tokyo roster is pretty much set unless someone surprises Lang Ping. Zhu Ting was sent to Tianjin in order to build chemistry with Yao Di and Li Yingying, both most likely will succeed Ding Xia and Liu Xiaotong. Don't think they will make another Olympic cycle due to age. Both will be 34 in Paris.

I think Lang Ping will go with 4 OHs and 3 MBs like last time so OHs will be Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Li Yingying, and Liu Xiaotong. Last MB spot will be between Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu, and Zheng Yixin. OP will be Gong and Zeng. Setters Ding Xia and Yao Di. Libero: Wang Mengjie.

If you asked me this in June after that that match vs Italy, I'd agree with you. But we've seen Yao Di's sets in club world championships to Zhu and Yuan. And with Zhu Ting injured, how could they really build chemistry and practice together?

Better hope Ding Xia is on form for the entire Olympics (or at least the 3 knockout matches)

• If you asked me this in June after that that match vs Italy, I'd agree with you. But we've seen Yao Di's sets in club world championships to Zhu and Yuan. And with Zhu Ting injured, how could they really build chemistry and practice together?

Better hope Ding Xia is on form for the entire Olympics (or at least the 3 knockout matches)

Well that was the original plan to have Zhu Ting build chemistry with Yao Di in case Ding Xia plays poorly. Both Yao Di and Diao Linyu have problems setting to Zhu as seen in previous tournaments. Since Zhu got injured, the plan went to waste. All we can hope is everyone is healthy to play in the Olympics.

• Has Wang Mengji surpassed Lin Li or has Lin Li's performance just regressed?

Overall Lin Li is the better receiver but she has regressed due to injuries. Her weakness, from what I have observed, is receiving jump serve. I will stay take in form Lin Li over Wang Mengjie anyday.

• Sometimes many people will question the standard of Best Libero.

Wang Meng-jie was the best libero of 2013 Montreux but many people think her reception and defence were bad and hoped Huang Liu-yan returned.

Wang Meng-jie is the best libero of 2019 World Cup but many people think she "hardly" received the ball all in the tournament. She was just better than Courtney, Wong-Orantes, Galkina and Pilipenko and got the award ...

Why? Are all of the stacs kidding us again and again?

[I also have an example about Kong Fan-wei but he was a former libero of Chinese men's NT. Therefore, I don't write it.]

I havent been focusing on Mengji but has she always been a better libero than Lin Li tomen ?

• I havent been focusing on Mengji but has she always been a better libero than Lin Li tomen ?

At least I think no.

In fact, in the history, Before 2015, who thought Sy.Popovic had been better than Cebic in Serbian women's NT?

If the age is a serious problem, who can explain that before 2018 WCH, Lin Li was always the main libero and after it, Wang Meng-jie was just the main one? Even in World Cup 2015, in the last match against Japan, Wang Meng-jie had helped Lin Li about the defence. Lin Li was better than she then at least.

Lin Li didn't play well in the match against USA in the round robin of VNL 2019 but in Final 6, Ni Fei-fan's pressure was too large and Lin Li finished her task then. Wang Meng-jie is doubted always due to her recepion but now at least, Chinese NT needs better defence. Therefore, Wang is the main one. It is just simple.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• At least I think no.

In fact, in the history, Before 2015, who thought Sy.Popovic had been better than Cebic in Serbian women's NT?

If the age is a serious problem, who can explain that before 2018 WCH, Lin Li was always the main libero and after it, Wang Meng-jie was just the main one? Even in World Cup 2015, in the last match against Japan, Wang Meng-jie had helped Lin Li about the defence. Lin Li was better than she then at least.

Lin Li didn't play well in the match against USA in the round robin of VNL 2019 but in Final 6, Ni Fei-fan's pressure was too large and Lin Li finished her task then. Wang Meng-jie is doubted always due to her recepion but now at least, Chinese NT needs better defence. Therefore, Wang is the main one. It is just simple.

Thank you for explaining :heart:

• The schedule of Chinese NT in 2020 in Chinese:

The date of the first training camp of Chinese women's NT in 2020 will be Feb.1, 2020.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• I just give my guess: (regardless of injuries)

S - Ding Xia, Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu, Mei Xiao-han, Zhang Zi-han

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Du Qing-qing, Liu Yan-han (though her spike of Site 2...), Zeng Chun-lei

OH - Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Li Ying-ying, Liu Xiao-tong, Duan Fang, Li Yao, Wang Yi-zhu, Wu Meng-jie (if necessary)

MB - Yan Ni, Yuan Xin-yue, Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Yuan-yuan, Yang Han-yu, Gao Yi, Zhang Qian, Hu Ming-yuan

L - Wang Meng-jie, Lin Li, Ni Fei-fan, Wang Wei-yi, Wang Si-min (Yes, I don't care what the "retirement report" is! - Wang Si-min is weaker than Wang Meng-jie and Lin Li but not worse than other liberos )

I don't believe Sun Yan (S), Sun Hai-ping (S), Cai Ya-qian (S), Wu Han (OH/OP), Zhang Yu-qian (MB), Zang Qian-qian (L) and so on.

Zhang Yi-chan (OH) is injured and Yang Jie (OH/OP) should be not return.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• http://www.volleychina.org/201…doc-iihnzhfz8746064.shtml

Title:

排球中心组织参观新中国成立70周年成就展

(Volleyball Center organized a visit to the 70th anniversary of the founding of new China)

according to the photos and rumors, the first time of the training roster of Chinese U19 NT in 2020:

S - Chai Ying, Zhang Xin-yue, Cai Yi-tong

OP - Guo Ting-wu, Gao Hui-yi

OH - Wu Meng-jie, Zhou Ye-tong, Dong Ming-xiao, Zeng Jie-ya

MB - Wang Wen-han, Ma Guang-ying, Li Xi-ying

L - He Mu, Meng Wan-ting

Images

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu