Chinese NT 2020

• According to some rumors, Sun Yan (S), Ni Fei-fan (L) and Cao Ting-ting (MB) may, only may join the training camp of NT. Yan Ni (MB) will have a rest.

The rumors are too many and I don't know which ones are right or wrong.

In the second phase of the national training, there were some player mutations:

- Mei Xiao-han (setter from Shandong) OUT

- Ni Fei-fan (libero from Jiangsu) OUT

- Sun Yan (setter from Jiangsu) IN

- Zhang Qian (MB from Shandong) IN * NEW

Born in 1997, Zhang Qian 张倩 is 1.93-meter tall. She is dubbed as xiao (little) Yanni. She and Yang Hanyu have a tacit understanding in the Shandong women's volleyball team, which is very good.

Zhang Qian's good future in the national team can possibly be expected. One shouldn't underestimate Lang Ping's vision. Zhang is tall and has long arms and good bounce. This is an excellent condition for a volleyball player. If she has good understanding, she may grow into a great player with some training. Zhu, Yuan, Zhang are the good examples! At first no one paid attention at them in the beginning, but under Lang's supervision and nurture they're quickly turned from the uncut jades into the shiny, precious ones!

Zhang Qian 张倩 (MB; 193cm; born 1997; Shandong VC)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Some beautiful photos of Zheng Yi-xin  郑益昕 [187, b.1995] as posted by Sina Sports recently, that I happened to stumble across, the Fujian's Zhangzhou-born middle blocker of the Chinese national team.

she looks like a model now.

nvm, she's looked like a model since forever

• Do you know what they do after this? Just go home?

Probably go home rest for sometime before heading to their clubs and preparing for the new season. I think it's rumored to start in October.

There is still some unknown about the upcoming season. Was hoping you or Tomen would have info about rosters, schedule, etc.

• Probably go home rest for sometime before heading to their clubs and preparing for the new season. I think it's rumored to start in October.

There is still some unknown about the upcoming season. Was hoping you or Tomen would have info about rosters, schedule, etc.

In October, it should be that "2020年全国锦标赛" (National Championship 2020), a cup tournament will be held.

This is confirmed by Li Jing, the former OH of Chinese NT from 2014 to 2017.

She said, "马上就能看到女排的比赛了。(We'll see the new women's volleyball match soon)"

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Probably go home rest for sometime before heading to their clubs and preparing for the new season. I think it's rumored to start in October.

only news i've seen from domestic media is about the very shortened men's volleyball league.

• The Chinese NT have finally concluded their training for this year. :super:

6688-iyhvyvc0798077.jpg

In above family picture of 17 players, with Zhang Qian (MB) and Sun Yan (setter); minus Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Mei Xiaohan (setter).

Then in below family picture of the Chinese women's volleyball team, on vacation at the Great Wall, there are 18 players: with Yan Ni, Zeng Chunlei, Mei Xiaohan, yet minus Zhang Qian and Sun Yan.

Recently, the Chinese women's volleyball team has finished the second phase of training. NEXT, waiting for the women's volleyball girls will be a HOLIDAY and the subsequent women's volleyball Super League.

Basically there are 21 players of the Chinese women's volleyball team as the wide list under inspection:

5 OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Liu Xiaotong, Li Yingying, and Liu Yanhan

7 MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuanyuan, Hu Mingyuan, Yang Hanyu, Zhang Qian, and Zheng Yixin

5 Setters: Diao Linyu, Ding Xia, Yao Di, Sun Yan, and Mei Xiaohan

2 OP: Gong Xiangyu and Zeng Chunlei

2 Libero: Wang Mengjie and Lin Li

These 21 Chinese women's volleyball players will be the main roster for inspection this year, and are the framework of the team. But there is still one year away from the Tokyo Olympics. There are still hopeful stars in the league, and everyone has a chance.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• So , is this it for team China for 2020 ?

well, none of the NTs had any real events for 2020 due to covid. Now the players are in their provincial teams and there is the domestic championships (which is normally played by non-NT players in provincial teams) and superleague

You can see more about the domestic championships here. I expect that it will feature the regular NT players (e.g. Zhu Ting, Ding Xia, Zhang Changning, etc)

Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021

• Sorry if this is a bit random but just saw news that the movie about the Chinese WVT is going to be released on 25 Sept. The English name is "Leap".

It's about the Chinese WVT's experience from 1981 World Cup champions all the way to 2016 Rio Olympics.

Cast includes Gong Li (super famous Chinese actress) as coach Lang Ping, Lydia Bai (Lang Ping's daughter) as player Lang Ping.

Most of the Rio squad are acting as their own characters. It's not a documentary but a movie so I'm sure there'll be some drama and not so realistic elements. Nonetheless, I thought it'll be interesting to see the players acting. Here's a trailer and one of the movie OST MVs.

• "Winning the Championship" (formerly known as "Chinese Women's Volleyball") Movie

Our third and final trailer for the new sports movie “LEAP”, based on the life of coach "Jenny" Lang Ping played by Gong Li. It's a drama movie about the Chinese Women's Volleyball Team's journeys from the 1981 World Cup championship all the way to the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Originally set to release during Chinese New Year in 2020 as one of the "Big 7" movie release, this now has a release date of September 25! It was formerly known as Zhongguo Nv Pai or Chinese Women's Volleyball Team and is now known by its new title: Winning the Championship 《夺冠》, while its international title is 'Leap'.

This movie also stars members of the real 2016 Olympic Gold Medal winning team including the famous Zhu Ting (MVP 2016 Rio Olympics Games) and captain Hui Ruoqi.

Genre Sports-themed film, Based on a True Story

Director: Chen Kexin

Starring: Gong Li, Huang Bo, Peng Yuchang, Wu Gang, Bai Lang (Lidya Bai, who is Lang Ping's daughter and only child)

Original Title 夺冠: Zhong Guo Nu Pai 中国女排

New Title: Winning the Championship 《夺冠》

International Title: Leap

The film has its premieres as follows:

In mainland China it's released on 25 September as well as certain theatres in the US and Canada. Australia and New Zealand released it on 26 September while Singapore and Hong Kong will have the premieres on the October 1st, and Malaysia will be on 22 October.

The first day premiere of "Winning the Championship" (formerly known as "Chinese Women's Volleyball") movie at box office, the spirit of women's volleyball moved the fans. The film is based on the China women's national volleyball team's stories spread over more than 40 years.

As a sports-themed film, "Winning the Championship" of course, there is no lack of intense and intense competition scenes. The film focuses on three wonderful volleyball matches, namely, the match between China and Japan in the third Women's Volleyball World Cup in 1981, the China vs. USA match in Beijing Olympic Games in 2008, and China vs. Brazil match in Rio Olympics in 2016, which also connected the development process of Chinese women's volleyball team in nearly 40 years. At the same time, there are many literary plays in the film, which depict the mental process of Lang Ping and other folks and the intergenerational inheritance of Chinese women's volleyball team, and there is no lack of contemporary thinking on "Women's Volleyball Spirit".

[...]

《夺冠》上映首日票房“夺冠”,女排精神打动影迷

https://new.qq.com/omn/20200925/20200925A0GUWY00.html

And an MV to serve as the movie's promotional video performed by a young Chinese singer and actor, Peng Yuchang 彭昱畅 who also plays in the film -- the song title is “A Hero Never Dies” 《真心英雄》

Some cool film posters:

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-iivhuipp4689474.shtml

The training camp of "Hopestar" (equal to U17 NT):

Date: Oct.20 - Nov.19

Place: Chenzhou, Hunan

Coaches: Xu Jian-de, Zhang Ren-jiang, Zhao Su-zhi, Huang Xiu-qin, Qi Li-xia, Shang Yuan, Guo Tong, Wang Qiang

Players:

Zhao Ya-lun, Song Han-ning, Li Xiao-chen, Qiu Zeng-rong, Wang Si-yi, Zhao Zhe-xi, Wan Zi-yue, Zou Jia-qi, Tang Xin, Li Gong-hui, Yang Jia, Ding Xin-yan, Jiang Wei-xuan, Chen Xi-yue, Zhang Hong-zi-yan, Zeng Jie-ya, Wang Qin-ying, Huang Xin-yue, Xie Sheng-yan (twin sisters), Xie Sheng-yu (twin sisters), Gao Jia-qi, Wang Yu-ting, Wu Xin-yu, Deng Ye, Deng Guo, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Yi, Wang Yi-lin, Xiong Qin-qing, Yang Ma-yi-ting

Wang Yi-fan as an OH is No.7 of Guangdong in National Championship 2020.

She is born in February, 2005.

Images

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• More than champion - Gong Xiangyu(龚翔宇)- With Engsub

A contemporary short footage focusing on Gong Xiangyu

• A bit late to the party. Happy 26th birthday, Zhu Ting

p.s. i think most "serious" volleyball fans in China didn't like the film that much, but the general public loved it.

• Sorry. I'm late. the official news was shown on Nov.20:

http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-iiznezxs2865877.shtml

The training camp of U17 NT (born in 2004 and 2005):

Head Coach: Li Chun (the former setter of Chinese men's NT from 2005 to 2007)

Assistant Coaches: Shang Yuan, Liu Xin-hui, Zhang Zhi-qiang, Wu Ying-jie

Players: (only give the players who came to the training camp)

Qiu Zeng-rong, Wang Si-yi, Zhao Zhe-xi, Wan Zi-yue, Zou Jia-qi, Tang Xin, Jiang Wei-xuan, Zhang Hong-zi-yan, Huang Xin-yue, Xie Sheng-yan, Gao Jia-qi, Wu Xin-yu, Wang Yi-fan, Yang Ma-yi-ting

The 14 players may be 4 OHs, 4 MBs, 2 setters, 2 OPs and 2 liberos.

However, I only know ... Wang Yi-fan is an OH.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• It's been about a year due to the Olympics being delayed. I can say that literally nothing has changed, although it seems like Yao Di and Wang Yuanyuan are getting the backup setter and substitute MB.

Substitute OPP and OH are key, but nobody in China comes close to the level of Zhu, Zhang, Gong, and Li. Seems like the Beijing players (Liu XT, Zeng CL) are entirely out of contention for those spots, but again with nobody being close to their level other than maybe Liu Yanhan, they might after all go to Tokyo. After all, if the starters choke we're probably out of contention for medals anyways.

I wonder if two liberos could be taken to the Olympics. Then it'd most likely be Lin Li + Liu Yanhan as the last two.