Vote for Best Players in 2019

• And it is time to make a sum of this year, and

best player, and on that occasion i made the choice for the best this season.

I tried to be objective and put at the polls players who was the best this year according to best player awards from National team International comeptions and international competions at the club level and of course i had it in mind also club season in national leagues and cups looking at the statistic as well as personally impression.(it is possible that i made a some erros in this selection and if You guys have some advice and if same advice repeat a numerous times i can add some player easily)

I also have idea that per position put just one player per country and club(only Zhu and Kelsey was played both in Vakif last club season)

*in middle blocker and outside hitter polls you can select two players and after that click vote

I publish the result on 1st January 2020.

best player

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.…=5e00ebdfe4b089e7ec7dc840

best libero

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.…=5e00eb14e4b089e7ec7dc83e

best middle blocker

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.…=5e00eaaae4b089e7ec7dc83d

best outside hitter

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.…=5e00e905e4b089e7ec7dc839

best opposite

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.…=5e00e6ece4b089e7ec7dc82b

best setter

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.…=5e00e557e4b089e7ec7dc826

• I'm pretty sure 99% of the voters are Serbs, have fun:roll:

I share only here this polls, this forum have not so many Serbs, maybe you are right i also noticed increased votes for Serbian players but on the other hand when choice was started Smarzek was better than Boskovic(that is insane) also all of this players from Serbia is dominant player and it is not too strange to see votes for they and everyone can vote and of course web votes never be relevant but it is funny to see result.

• Why is Andrea Drews even nominated in the best OPP category? Besides, a big lol at Smarzek having received more than double the amount of votes over Haak. I can not see another reason for this than that the voters to an disproportionate degree are polish, at least in relation to the numbers of Swedes, but the overall count (21 votes) is also way too many in relation to other players number of votes. I mean, are there even non-polish people dwelling on the globe who are seriously picking Smarzek over Boskovic, Egonu and Haak?

• Why is Andrea Drews even nominated in the best OPP category? Besides, a big lol at Smarzek having received more than double the amount of votes over Haak. I can not see another reason for this than that the voters to an disproportionate degree are polish, at least in relation to the numbers of Swedes, but the overall count (21 votes) is also way too many in relation to other players number of votes. I mean, are there even non-polish people dwelling on the globe who are seriously picking Smarzek over Boskovic, Egonu and Haak?

Drews was MVP of the VNL and best OPP of the World Cup, so she deserved it. Guys you can vote for whoever you want thats How democracy works :wavy::wavy: everyone here has his own opinion

Mimek answered already on question about Drews and that was exactly my logic.

About Smarzek, she was briliant and a true leader of Polish representation on this yera VNL competion and she was also really good at IOQT and also had a very good season in Italy, in few words she was really amazing THIS season and that is improtant to notice that this is the choice of this year best players. For me Egonu/Boskovic was really better than Smarzek but that is just my way of see, all of us can make a choice for themselves.

And about Serbs, Polish, Sweds and others....

I made this polls and i am from Serbia but i dont votes for all Serbs on the list.

My dram team for THIS season is: Maja-Boskovic, Veljkovic-Eda, Zhu-Kelsey, Kobata;

and for the best player my choice was Egonu(or Egonu best opp, Boskovic best player i am not so sure but i am sure that both of this 2 deserved my votes and i am not be able to choice one)

Also one more thint which i must to say

that maybe someone knows already that hah

Maja is my favourite volleyball player and athlete at all but because i try to be objective and putt at the polls just one person per nationality and club my choice was Tijana above Maja but she easily can be a "best player" but that can be marked as my subjective opinion and that is the reason why Maja is not on the list for best player.

• I'm pretty sure 99% of the voters are Serbs, have fun:roll:

I call bullshit on this post, because of those Serbians who are top 3 so far in votes in their respective categories (Tijana, Maja, Stefana and Brankica), only for Brankica is it debatable whether she objectively deserves such a high position (judging on this year alone). For the other 3, no one in their right mind would deny that they were among the 3 best in the world, on their positions, in 2019. You're only saying that because the OP is himself Serbian (not to mention wildly hypebolic, because if anyone truly believes 99% of voters were from one country, then I have an Washington sea-side property to sell them).

• I call bullshit on this post, because of those Serbians who are top 3 so far in votes in their respective categories (Tijana, Maja, Stefana and Brankica), only for Brankica is it debatable whether she objectively deserves such a high position (judging on this year alone). For the other 3, no one in their right mind would deny that they were among the 3 best in the world, on their positions, in 2019. You're only saying that because the OP is himself Serbian (not to mention wildly hypebolic, because if anyone truly believes 99% of voters were from one country, then I have an Washington sea-side property to sell them).

I think they put that because in the beginning the Serbians had really big leads (probably because it had just begun). Like I know when I voted, most of the Serb players had like at least 50% of the votes for each category. But now it has evened out a lot more, and only setter position has a big lead the last I saw

• Let's be honest, if anyone had claimed 4-5 years ago that Stefana Veljkovic would be leading a vote for the best MB of the year, and on a fairly large sample size, no one would have believed it. They would be called crazy.:cheesy:

However, I had to give my vote to Eda, who is doing impossible things at age 32. It should be illegal to be that great a player at that age!:super:

• Happy New Year!:drink:

Here are the results

Best setter (total votes 511)

1. Maja Ognjenovic 328 votes

2. Joana Wolosz 62 votes

3. Xia Ding 54 votes

4. Lauren Carlini 52 votes

5. Macrsi Carneiro 15 votes

Best opposite (total votes 383)

1. Tijana Boskovic 124 votes

2. Natalya Goncharova 112 votes

3. Paola Egonu 85 votes

4. Malwina Smarzek 32 votes

5. Isabelle Haak 25 votes

6. Andrea Drews 5 votes

Best OH(total voters 709, total votes 936)

1. Ksenia Parubets 225 votes

2. Gabriela Guimiraes 183 votes

3. Kelsey Robinson 180 votes

4. Brankica Mihajlovic 174 votes

5. Zhu Ting 156 votes

6. Miriam Sylla 18 votes

Best MB(total voters 492, total votes 571)

1. Stefana Veljkovic 182 votes

2. Irina Fetisova 178 votes

3. Ni Yan 98 votes

4. Eda Erdem 94 votes

5. Agnieszka Kakolewska 15 votes

6. Ana Beatriz Corea 4 votes

Best libero(total votes 271)

1. Monica De Gennaro 112 votes

2. Zhana Todorova 46 votes

3. Simge Akoz 43 votes

4. Wang Mengjie 42 votes

5. Mako Kobata 28 votes

Best Player(total votes 372)

1. Tijana Boskovic 132 votes

2. Zhu Ting 87 votes

3. Paola Egonu 73 votes

4. Eda Erdem 61 votes

5. Joana Wolosz 22 votes

• If anything, I think these results show that it was actually the Russians who represented a significant portion of voting body, rather than Serbians, since every Russian player that was in the running ended up in the Top 2 in their respective category (which resulted in probably 2 biggest surprises of the voting process overall: Goncharova being #2 in opposites and Parubets #1 in OH).

And that's despite having less of a stellar year, both individually and collectively, than Serbian players listed here.

• Also, it's surprising by how big a margin Boskovic won the vote for best player of the year, and that's coming from a big fan of hers.

• Boskovic is universally liked :flower:

I would put Zhu Ting as Best OH (duh!) and Best Player. She has evolve into more than just a killing machine. She receives better, she blocks better, and her floor defense are getting better and better. The second semi-final match she played in the Chinese Superleague she was all over the court covering and making crazy moves to keep the game in play. Cannot wait to see what the new year brings to the very-soon-to-be legendary player!

• Egonu in third. This forum is hilarious. I love it :lol::lol::lol:

Parubets :dance6::rolll: