EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• Hungary vs Switzerland is quite fun to watch actually! Both teams are playing well, there are many nice rallies and it's very close most of the time. Glad to see a 5th set :super:

Exactly my thoughts. I've never her Sarah #10 from Switzerland and she is playing good. Szakmary is a very good transfer for Aydın.

• Exactly my thoughts. I've never her Sarah #10 from Switzerland and she is playing good. Szakmary is a very good transfer for Aydın.

I remember watching Szakmary live in Budapest back in 2019 and wasnt all too impressed by her back then. I am not sure if she has the tools to make it in such a strong league as the Turkish one tbh.

• Swiss team win

congrat,I like them a lot

Can someone tell me the swiss assitant coach name? It's for a job :rolll::evil:

• I love seeing the Swiss celebration, you can really see how much this win meant to them. It’s easy to forget after mostly following the teams that are fighting for medals that don’t get super excited over a pool phase win, that for some teams simply being in this competition is a pretty big achievement

• IMO it's hard for Alexia to play as a starter for the Turkish national team while Vargas and Ebrar are there, but playing for turkey is still better than wasting her talent in romania.

• Gyimes Zsófia for Hungary should be seen tbh, making 15 points as a middle team MB 😍

MB Anna Czakan (Finland) made 20 pts against Sweden (15/25 + 5 blocks)

• MB Anna Czakan (Finland) made 20 pts against Sweden (15/25 + 5 blocks)

That's nothing compared to swedish mb,didn't you see?

• IMO it's hard for Alexia to play as a starter for the Turkish national team while Vargas and Ebrar is there, but it's still better than wasting her talents in Romania.

Please remember that their whole team is young.

The outisde hitters Buterez and Ungureanu are born in 1999 and 2000. Their middles are from 1998-2002. Maybe they will improve in the future

• Please remember that their whole team is young.

The outisde hitters Buterez and Ungureanu are born in 1999 and 2000. Their middles are from 1998-2002. Maybe they will improve in the future

I didn't know they were this young as a team, I only knew Ungureanu, but even if they all improve, what can they do at most?

Maybe they will participate once in the World Championship, probably never play in the Olympics. Even in the European Championship, they will proably not be able to see beyond the quarter-finals.

• I'm so happy that player that don't have an strong country decide to play for their team instead going to another country.....it helps those teams to improve and we're seeing that in sweden

Some teams definitely can't be relevant with own players that need desesperately to chose from another country in order to win something at some time

• I didn't know they were this young as a team, I only knew Ungureanu, but even if they all improve, what can they do at most?

As Jules said, it might be the beginning of path for those national teams like it was in Poland few years ago.

After the success in 2003 (gold medal at ECH), many young girls started playing volleyball. The professional league has been launched in 2005 etc

I hope this EuroVolley will be the new beginning for Sweden, Romania, maybe Bosnia. (I know Romania has pretty decent league, but their best players are foreginers so far).

• So Croatia is gone probably face Russia or Belgium in next phase and if they win this match they are gone face Serbia.

What a great draw for them :aww::thumbdown:
    We can be happy even if We reach quartfinals. This result is more than okej for us. :whistle: