EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• I still can't believe how Fenerbahce take Lazerava:aww:

Nobody. Well, she is playing now in front of her current coach. I hope Terzic knows what he can expect from Lazareva game.

• Serbia played that last handful of points like they were on their way to victory. Russia didn't. But Russia had their moments leading up to it. Kudos for that

• Fahr injured and it seems pretty serious||

• Just another typical Russian game. The team will get your hopes up only to crush it the end. :lol: It was a close match but the rookie mistakes made the difference. Still, it's a good game! It's nice to see how the younger players would rise to the occasion. Kadochkina was impressive in attack (Finally, she showed up!) and Brovkina was a bit better compared in VNL.

• Fahr got injured and It looks like it is serious…

AFAIK, she'll be a starter until Vargas returns (midseason).

• Russia was playing as good as Serbia honestly for most of it in the tiebreak. But Serbia could always count on a service error or something from Russia while playing and looked relaxed :rolll: It's normal though for such a young team. Fun match

• Lazareva come on :wall::wall:

This match could be the turning point where the coach will soon prefer Smirnova as starting Opposite. There are certain balls that went Lazareva's way where, if she killed those sets, could mean victory for Russia.

• As I said before kadochkina is a strong player, in the 2d set she was good in reception, but after that she struggled.This is still her first tournament with the senior team, and the first time she plays more than a single set. I hope she can improve in reception. She just needs more time on court.

well, we know Terzic’s main purpose is not winning thropies or developing young talents, it is rather making money for SB Community. There was a rumor Lazereva should be making around 250-350k Euro which is a complete joke if it is true. She doesn’t even deserve 50k.

• This game against Croatia is emblematic of Italy’s inconsistency, even though overall was an easy win. In the second set it seemed like a completely different team was playing. Also, they tend to lose focus during final points of each set, and this is a huge problem. Good game though. I’m really glad that Egonu came back to her senses.

Not really true, today Italy played a very good game, except for Sylla who is always a mess in reception, defense and attack, but all the other players played a very good game. Egonu is come back in a good shape!!!

• I didn’t watch the game, just judging from the picture and the comments here.. why is everybody complaining about Kitipova staring after the block? I mean we’ve seen much worse behavior on the court, that’s like nothing… Gamova literally mocking opponents, Rahimova yelling in their faces, even your fave Ognjenovic can be quite nasty sometimes, and often takes a few seconds to turn around after she blocks someone..

• So as I feared but expected, Germany finish only 3rd in the pool. OTOH I think 1/8 final vs NED is 50:50 and the chance to beat Bulgaria in QF is much bigger than to beat Turkey, so if we survive the NED match it might be not that bad in the long run.

Sad to see Fahr injured, I just hope it's not ACL (but it looked like it ;(), would be so cruel to suffer such a serious injury at such young age for a great talent like her!

• I didn’t watch the game, just judging from the picture and the comments here.. why is everybody complaining about Kitipova staring after the block? I mean we’ve seen much worse behavior on the court, that’s like nothing… Gamova literally mocking opponents, Rahimova yelling in their faces, even your fave Ognjenovic can be quite nasty sometimes, and often takes a few seconds to turn around after she blocks someone..

Not to forget Ebrar Karakurt who's been really nasty on the court in the past. She and Rahimova have the worst personalities on the court. Karakurt seems the fun of the court

• So as I feared but expected, Germany finish only 3rd in the pool. OTOH I think 1/8 final vs NED is 50:50 and the chance to beat Bulgaria in QF is much bigger than to beat Turkey, so if we survive the NED match it might be not that bad in the long run.

Yeah, being 3rd gives you better odds in making SFs than being 2nd (well done, Poland), to be honest, so Poland is in the worst spot IMHO among these 3 teams, unless it makes such difference to make it through 1/16, but I'd rather have better odds to make semis.

It is not only about Kitipova, the whole team is very angry and rude and not only against Polish team. E. Dimitrova was provoking all the time and if you think that should not be pointed then u r wrong. Personally, I don't like this kind of behaviors, no matter if it's Maja, Gamova or anyone else. I have not respect for this kind of people.