EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• :lol: Hats off to Mazzanti. Whatever he did, it worked.

I'm glad Italy won. They already had lost to Serbia many times in decisive matches. And they definitely showed they have what it takes, as long as their minds are on the right places.

But it was bizarre seeing the way Serbia fell apart in the last set. Hopefully this defeat helps them to examine the things they need to improve for the future. Boskoball can only take you so far (even if sometimes that's an Olympic medal... :lol:).

It was a revenge indeed. Losing to serbia in pre olympic and qf and now italy won in front of serbians

• Congrats Italy! Happy for De Genarro. Too bad Bosetti is not around.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, Sylla is the game changer.

Hope Tica can atleast get the MVP award

• Congratz to Italy! Besides the last set I really enjoyed the level of the match, but it's hard to watch Serbia like that. Boskovic deserved to be the winner but she just couldn't anymore in the last part of the game. Maja was once again sublime tonight. But I have never seen this generation of Italy playing this good, literally everything worked for them in the last 2 sets

(I don't wanna be salty but do yall remember the last Olympics? :P)

Jk, congrats to Italy, Serbia and Turkey!

• Congrats to Italy, amazing game :obey: I wish Serbia had lasted longer, but they were obvioulsy dead on their feet in the last 1.5 sets.

For Italy I think what is even more valuable than the Gold medal is that the team, most of all Malinov and Egonu, could get their confidence back after the OG disaster. Today's match was the best therapy they could possibly get!

In the right time for Egonu, right before beginning of club season :box::box::box:

• Maja is the best but She couldn’t show it.

So Cansu.

Everything else I agree, I don’t know about second OH position.

For me Maja was clearly the best (but obviously i'm subjective in that sense), but 3 awards for Serbia would be too much, but who knows. Cansu was really good till that semi final when she was also good mostly but really struglle in decisive moments.

• Does somebody have medal ceremony stream ?!?

• A congrats to sarah and caterina that were outstanding in thisbyear and deserve this title too

• I think Boskovic was simply exhausted. This is not gonna happen again

really? Serbia has some major issues going forward. Maja isn’t getting any younger, no one seems to trust Lazovic, they have to replace Popovic and Rasic… Italy is young.. and Pietrini can only get better. They have two years to find a Sylla/Malinov replacement

• really? Serbia has some major issues going forward. Maja isn’t getting any younger, no one seems to trust Lazovic, they have to replace Popovic and Rasic… Italy is young.. and Pietrini can only get better. They have two years to find a Sylla/Malinov replacement

No need to replace them when they play like today! :teach:

• really? Serbia has some major issues going forward. Maja isn’t getting any younger, no one seems to trust Lazovic, they have to replace Popovic and Rasic… Italy is young.. and Pietrini can only get better. They have two years to find a Sylla/Malinov replacement

I don't think they need to replace Sylla. We can accept that she's going to have good matches and bad matches but Bosetti is the best of all the Italian OHs, Sylla is only needed as 3rd OH anyway.

• Congrats Italy, they finally show what people expected to see from them in OG to win the gold here. (It just further proves that if they used the VNL as their tune up tournament they would be different in Tokyo. Now it’s very clear that OG became their tune up tournament for ECH:gone:)

As a fan of Rasic, I feel sad that her final year in NT is such a big flop that I really didn’t expect it to be coming;( She got my attention back in the days when she played for RC Cannes. What a journey in all these years and she’ll always be the best European MB in my mind.

• Let's be honest, Italy besides China is still the biggest loser of this year in terms of results achieved in context of potential they have. That being said, Sylla killing it, Egonu finally playing like the player we used to see, Orro and Malinov playing decently throughout a tournament, and Italy in general looking the best way since WCH '18, is huge them for next years in terms of confidence building. And they still have much more to grow with Bosetti and Fahr (I hope she'll back as soon as it is possible) at home, some decent youngsters from U20 team and perspective players in a league. Pietrini playing like that is a game changer for Italy, quite frankly, she's been amazing throughout this event, I just hope she'll stay healthy. Sylla, although she can be annoying and so streaky, finally showed that she's a decent player. Obviously many things can happen, but for next 3-4 years I don't see in Europe team that can match Italy potential-wise, let's wait if they are regular enough to execute it well.

Despite being Italian NT supporter, I feel sorry for Bosko this year, obviously Serbia got decent results with two medals this season, but these games against Brazil, US or Italy, and the way they lost them, are clear example that they definitely lack certain quality, esp on OH position, at least for now, to compete for golds at next tournaments.

• For me Maja was clearly the best (but obviously i'm subjective in that sense), but 3 awards for Serbia would be too much, but who knows. Cansu was really good till that semi final when she was also good mostly but really struglle in decisive moments.

I think Maja did the best anyone could possibly do considering she really only had 3 reliable attackers, there’s not much a setter can do when both your OHs are essentially liberos. But I do think Cansu has shown that she is a world class setter and she is likely only going to get better. I still think Ognjenovic deserves the award