EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• Really really happy for the victory of the girls, they really deserve it. But many congratulations to Serbia and Turkey too, they play amazing volleyball. Italy owes a little bit of this victory to the Turkish girls for their effort yesterday. Serbia was tired from that battle. I wonder why playing the final just the day after the semifinals.

Anyway the Azzurre tonight showed who they are. Everyone on the court played at her best and that’s not easy to do in a final, against such a big team and in front of a great crowd supporting the other team. Congrats too to the Serbian attendants for their fairness and sportsmanship

• Congrats Italy, they finally show what people expected to see from them in OG to win the gold here. (It just further proves that if they used the VNL as their tune up tournament they would be different in Tokyo. Now it’s very clear that OG became their tune up tournament for ECH:gone:)

As a fan of Rasic, I feel sad that her final year in NT is such a big flop that I really didn’t expect it to be coming;( She got my attention back in the days when she played for RC Cannes. What a journey in all these years and she’ll always be the best European MB in my mind.

I think it's a tribute to her achievements that you can say a European silver and Olympic bronze medal is a "big flop" because when she first came into the team that would've been viewed as a stunning season for Serbia.

• MVP: Egonu
    Cansu-Boskovic

Pietrini-
    Eda-Popovic

De Gennaro

I literally don’t know who I would put as second best OH next to Pietrini, noone has performed that good trough whole competition except Pietrini.
    I would put Sylla just because of today performance.

• But I’m so sad seeing how Egonu performed this good in NT and how her confidence was destroyed at Olympics ;(;(;(;(;(

• As a fan of Rasic, I feel sad that her final year in NT is such a big flop that I really didn’t expect it to be coming

I'm sorry but her final year in NT is not a big flop:down:

3rd place in Olympics and 2nd in EuroVolley despite all those other very competitive teams are well valued medals which she an the team can be very proud of

• And Paola Egonu won MVP award officially.

What a season for her. My God.

MVP at Italian league
    MVP CL

MVP Italian Cup

MVP ECH

To bad for Olympics ||

• As a fan of Rasic, I feel sad that her final year in NT is such a big flop that I really didn’t expect it to be coming;( She got my attention back in the days when she played for RC Cannes. What a journey in all these years and she’ll always be the best European MB in my mind.

There are so many teams who would do anything to have a Olympic bronze and European silver. I know the players don’t feel like this is a huge achievement right away, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t done something amazing

• Egonu won MVP. Looks like they don't announce a dream team right now :/

That will probably be coming out in like a year or something if the last edition is anything to go by.

• I think it's a tribute to her achievements that you can say a European silver and Olympic bronze medal is a "big flop" because when she first came into the team that would've been viewed as a stunning season for Serbia.

I don’t mean the results Rasic has achieved this summer is a big flop, it’s how she played on court especially in the match tonight, and the one against USA in Tokyo. It’s just sad to see her struggling so badly in attack and her block was nowhere to be found, which I can’t recall to have seen from her in the past.

• Actually, didn't CEV do a fan vote for the CL dream team? Maybe that is the plan again.

• I thought about that too, but I don't like it. Though most of the time I don't like official dream teams either :aww:

I usually disagree with the official one, but the fan voted one is literally just a popularity contest, it almost never has anything to do with how they actually played this tournament. At least with the official one even if I don’t agree, the players usually deserve a spot on the dream team to some extent

• Everything started from Eurovision and it end at EuroVolley :cheesy:

What a year for Italy as country :rose: