EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• I agree with Jules. I like the 24-teams format.

The old one was quite boring and exhausting for the players, to be honest. We had 3 pool stage games, then playoffs for places 2-3, quarterfinals, semifinals and finals. That's 7 games in 9-10 days!

In addition, I think, volleyball gets more recognition in Europe with the new format. The games are broadcasted in many countries.

With the old format, we wouldn't probably have Sweden and France in Eurovolley 2021.

• We all knew they gonna knew? Really?

I'm italy big fan but I didn't expected Italy to win this for the way they were playing and also for the bad historial against serbia that imo was the one rival that could stop them

I think you misunderstood. I meant we all knew Italy couldn’t be challenged by any team in their group. Of course there is always a tiny chance but something would have to go badly wrong for Italy to lose any of those games.

• I agree with Jules. I like the 24-teams format.

The old one was quite boring and exhausting for the players, to be honest. We had 3 pool stage games, then playoffs for places 2-3, quarterfinals, semifinals and finals. That's 7 games in 9-10 days!

In addition, I think, volleyball gets more recognition in Europe with the new format. The games are broadcasted in many countries.

With the old format, we wouldn't probably have Sweden and France in Eurovolley 2021.

Yes, good points. I didn’t think the old format was boring to be honest but I agree that it must have been exhausting, there was no need for them to squeeze all the matches into such a short period though.

• I myself find the 1/8 finals a bit boring especially if you are 1st of your group.

It was nice to see sweden over bulgaria though.

What about only 12 teams in knock-out, with 1st in each group getting a w/o to the QF?

• I agree with Sisko. I don't like the new format. So many filler matches, maybe in the male version the difference between top and bottom teams were not much but in European female volleyball we have a big gap between top and bottom teams. I wouldn't even oppose the idea of 12 teams tournament with 6 teams in each group. There will be still a lot of games but all will be higher level than what we had at the group stage in this tournament. In this way, qualification tournaments would be more competitive. I don't think having teams like Azerbaijan, Greece, Romania, Switzerland, Spain, Bosnia, Finland, or Slovakia added anything to the tournament. They lost all their matches against top teams with big margins. ECH is supposed to be the most prestigious tournament pf this continent. It should be a privilege to be part of it!

• I like the new format especially for the teams that cant play in world stage even though some matches in pool stage can be boring sometimes.However, participating in ECH might get some attention in these countries so that volleyball can grow this way IMO. If some top teams think that some of the matches are useless, they can play with their back up players in 1or 2 matches:whistle:

• I like the new format especially for the teams that cant play in world stage even though some matches in pool stage can be boring sometimes.However, participating in ECH might get some attention in these countries so that volleyball can grow this way IMO. If some top teams think that some of the matches are useless, they can play with their back up players in 1or 2 matches:whistle:

this is exactly how I feel, not everything is about how interesting it is at that moment. Giving weaker teams an opportunity to play bigger competitions will make them stronger and ultimately make volleyball more entertaining in the long run. I personally don’t mind having some boring matches that I don’t feel the need to watch, I wouldn’t have enough free time in the day if there were any more interesting matches than there already are.

• Sigme over De Gennaro and Hande over Pietrini

Oh God what a joke from poll…

It is going to be Turkish starting six :aww::aww::aww:

• Like I said

Popularity contest gonna be entire turkish team as turkish fans are everywhere

So sad it ain't gonna be a deserved dream team

• I think this is great. If everyone will be selected from 3rd placed team. They will realize this is a bad idea and won't do it next year lol

true enough but it’s going to look pretty embarrassing to CEV if they just accept the results. Plus it’s sad for all of the players involved. I doubt the Turkish players are going to be happy to be in the dream team this way, and there are so many players from both Serbia and Italy who will miss out on an accolade they deserved. I also think there are some players from Turkey who rightfully deserve an award (specifically Eda) so it’s not as if I think no spots on the dream team should go to Turkey

side note since someone mentioned this the last time I spoke about awards: I realize that individual awards aren’t necessarily that important to players, they much rather have the team medal, however everybody likes to be recognized when they have done something exceptionally well whether in sports or in life.

• Dream Teams never mean anything anyways. Everyone has a different opinion and no one is going to agree.

Like Boskovic was the best player at the olympics, but did she get MVP? No

JWO was the USA's best player at the Olympics, but did she get MVP? No

It's all a matter of people's opinions and what will bring in engagement/views/headlines/the "story book ending"