EuroVolley 2021-Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria & Croatia

• Obviously Cev interfered the choices 🤦

• Obviously with a fan vote there's not much we can expect lol, but I wouldn't say it's THAT bad. I agree with 5/7, Orro was fine but far from being the best setter and I'd switch either Sylla or Pietrini for someone else (not sure which one though, Pietrini was the most consistent player for Italy in the whole tournament and Sylla was the MVP of the final match for me)

• I don't really agree to this but that's how it is.

In my dreams it would have looked like this:

Opp: Boskovic

S: Cansu

MB: Eda

MB: Chirichella

OH: Pietrini

OH: Dunno, Hande? Bujis? Arina?

L: De Gennaro

Not that different but for sure I would have changed setter and an OH (Chirichella instead of Danesi is just my preference, I think also Danesi is a good choice)

• Orro as best setter :gone:

She played way better than in Tokyo (thought she played few there), but for me it wasnt enough for being awarded as best setter. Maja and Cansu were way more solid than Alessia. Ok, Cansu struggled in the SF, but it doesnt delete her good performance in all the previous matches.

The other OH is also a question mark for me. Pietrini totally deserves one award, without a doubt. She got above 40% of spike efficiency in every single match played, top5 best spiker, the highest spike efficiency between OHs, more break points converted for Italy. And like it was pointed out, she was the most consistent Italian player in this ECH.

In the other hand, Sylla was not good in the preliminary round and in some knock out matches. Actually, she had atrocious matches. She was also in doubt cuz of a small injury. She just displayed a superb performance in the final: second top scorer in the match (from both teams) and best spiker effiency (also from both teams). But one single match in such a long tournament doesnt necessarily means you deserve an award. So, yes, it could go to another player. The question is...who? Turkish OHs :gone: (both arent even in top15 of spiker ranking, actually, even in pos 40s and in receiver, 13), Buijs? She is in the top10, it could be.

For MBs, well it's ok. There is an attacker MB (Eda, which is also the most complete one) and Danesi, more blocker and who is in the top4 in that skill).

For libero, well there is nothing to add.

So for me it is 5/7 too. Hence I wouldnt say it is THAT bad either.

• It's ok I don't bother too much with best awards 😅

Danesi is not a bad pick per se, Serbian MBs did well throughout the tournament though, both Rasic and Popovic. Setter is probably the most problematic one, I'd take Maja or Cansu both any day and for OHs Sylla was good imo but it could have been Buijs, Hande as well IMO, not mad about it though.

Overall I'm not that bothered but if it was me I'd probably add some variety in there.

• Fun fact: Eda is chosen as best MB 4th time in a row in last European Championships. This is a record I think. She made a huge impact in last decade