3. Dominican

4. Japan

Pool B

1. China

2. Italy

3. USA

4. Turkey

Brazil over Turkey, China over Japan, USA over DR, Italy over Serbia

China over Italy, USA over Brazil (idk if this is possible but I’m speaking it into existence)

Gold: China

Silver: USA

Bronze: Italy

• IMO China has the best team, in their starting six there is not a single weakness. USA and Brazil also are very balanced but on a lower level. Italy has Egonu, but they also have Sylla (or Pietrini, whoever of them will start) plus possibly Malinov (:aww:), so I don't see Italy as favourites. If Terzic manages to get all his stars into their top shape Serbia can also be a contender for a medal again, but it's a question mark.

So, my guess:

MVP: Zhu Ting

Best scorer: Egonu

Disappointment: Turkey (I'm afraid they might have peaked at VNL)

• Not wanting to be a bitch, but with these pool rankings, Brazil would take Italy and China would take the US in the semifinals. One from Brazil and Italy would be a finalist.

• Gold: China

MVP: Zhu Ting

Best scorer: Egonu

Disappointment: Serbia

Same as Matthias, but with Serbia instead of Turkey as disappointment.

• You copied me!

• Why put Turkey as a disappointment, if they come out of the group play, it's a win, if they don't, it's normal.

• Sidney I thought both the A2/B2 or A3/B2 matchups AND which bracket they get put in were random draws.

I believe they only did that in 2008. I'm not sure if there is still a draw on the semifinals. I would need to check the rules.

• Why put Turkey as a disappointment, if they come out of the group play, it's a win, if they don't, it's normal.

For me being disappointing is more about performance than about the actual result. If they come out of the pool with two wins and some close defeats against the big teams and then also get a close defeat in QF, it's the same result like winning two pool matches 3:2 and losing everything else 0:3, but still it's a big difference. That being said, I'm not at all sure if Turkey will survive the pool, I might also be entirely wrong and they could even get a medal, it's just some feeling...

If this was their peak in Vnl I don't even want to see their lowest level:rolll:

Maybe I should be more specific: I think Ebrar (and maybe Eda) might have peaked in VNL. Overall it looked like Guidetti had a pretty clear idea which players should be in the team and which should be starters, but some of them let him down big time, so he might be quite confused right now...

• For me being disappointing is more about performance than about the actual result. If they come out of the pool with two wins and some close defeats against the big teams and then also get a close defeat in QF, it's the same result like winning two pool matches 3:2 and losing everything else 0:3, but still it's a big difference.

Isn't this more disappointing? If you get blown away 3-0 it's disappointing of course but just not good enough... whereas if you lost 2-3 then you could think that if something had gone the other way or someone did this instead maybe it would've been 3-2.

• (idk if this is possible but I’m speaking it into existence)

Silver: Turkey

Bronze: DOM

drag me

• Overall it looked like Guidetti had a pretty clear idea which players should be in the team and which should be starters, but some of them let him down big time, so he might be quite confused right now...

right, I also think that Turkey came to the VNL trip looking for answers and all they got were more questions