2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Brazilians are cheering for ROC tomorrow. Is this for real? Are they really fond of goncharova or they just dont like china and Usa? Haha

Many Brazilians love Russia and Goncharova, but I think it's because then Brazil would play Turkey in the quarterfinals, so that would be an easier match at last in theory.

• Assuming USA and Russia win their matches tomorrow, who will be seeded 1st? Set ratio as tie-breaker?

• Assuming USA and Russia win their matches tomorrow, who will be seeded 1st? Set ratio as tie-breaker?

It depends on the scores... first criterion after number of victories is points

• If they win by the same score, that will be Russia due to better points ratio (they're +39 while US is +2).

If Russia loses more sets than USA in its victory, that's USA.

If the US wins 25x0 25x0 25x0 they will have better ratio :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• All joking and memeing aside, I think Brazil and Russia can't keep their recent level through elimination rounds. Russia felt pressure-free and was thus able to swing freely because they thought they had nothing to lose, Now, after beating USA and China, I think a little hesitation and uncertainty will creep back into the muscles and minds, because they now DO have something to lose. Don't think they'll play in quarters anywhere close to their level against USA, but we'll see. Goncha is bound to remember it's 2021, not 2015.:PFedorovtseva might continue to dominate, though.

And even if Brazil continues to play as well as they've done so far, it might not be enough for gold, because both USA and Italy have the ability to blow them off the court if they have a good day.

• Brazilians are cheering for ROC tomorrow. Is this for real? Are they really fond of goncharova or they just dont like china and Usa? Haha

I don't think they dislike China. Zhu has lots of fans in Brazil.

Edit: and they beat USA twice in gold medal matches. I'm sure Brazilians have fond memories of USA... :D

• All joking and memeing aside, I think Brazil and Russia can't keep their recent level through elimination rounds. Russia felt pressure-free and was thus able to swing freely because they thought they had nothing to lose, Now, after beating USA and China, I think a little hesitation and uncertainty will creep back into the muscles and minds, because they now DO have something to lose. Don't think they'll play in quarters anywhere close to their level against USA, but we'll see. Goncha is bound to remember it's 2021, not 2015.:PFedorovtseva might continue to dominate, though.

And even if Brazil continues to play as well as they've done so far, it might not be enough for gold, because both USA and Italy have the ability to blow them off the court if they have a good day.

maybe im wrong.. but I feel like Brazil-Russia is a good matchup for Brazil. I feel they’re very suited to get past the Russian block. Use the Carols to move Koroleva/Fetisova around in a way Poulter and Ding Xia couldn’t.

• We treat China and USA as rivals, worthy opponents, we don't dislike them... We hate to lose but have tons of respect for them

• I was actually very happy when the US made it to the semifinals in 2008 and surprised by them going to the finals. They played so well. But no one in the world could beat us in the final.

• I was actually very happy when the US made it to the semifinals in 2008 and surprised by them going to the finals. They played so well. But no one in the world could beat us in the final.

Mari + Paula + Sheilla were just too much to anyone that time. And then you have Walewska + Fabiana’s wall to deal with and Fabi to clean up the mess. Add on magic hand Fofao. A recipe for gold medal.

• people i'm waiting for the match.i already set my alarm for 4:00 am

Anyone else?

Egonu please don't mess with my sleep for nothing

• I just came home from vacation, tomorrow working from 7:00 am but my clock is set at 3:58am. :wavy::gone: