2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• No group photo for the gold medal podium according to IOC. They also scrapped the video presentation with various key players from all the teams.

All become The Lone Ranger Zorro now :D prior to Batman n Robin 8o

But I think the team can do some quick own group photo beyond the podium later.... without masks, or well, they simply doing at home with simulated stage... just imagine one of the lifetime career pinnacle framed in picture with masks showing eyes only, decades later telling their grandchildren showing the pic, "it's me, your grandma, look into my eyes" :D during the worst pandemic hit era after the WWI... a chaotic time in the world :P

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• The team will still get their podium shot... They mean all of the medalists won't pose for a photo together.

It's common in individual sports for all the medalists to join the gold medalist for a photo.

I don't think volleyball has that issue.

• A COVID-19 cluster was discovered at the Japanese hotel in the Hamamatsu city, southwest of Tokyo, housing dozens of Brazil's Olympic team members head of the highly-anticipated Tokyo Olympics. The cluster was flagged as Tokyo continues to record its highest number of COVID infections in six months. Just over a week before the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics 2020 is scheduled to take place on July 23, the surge in COVID cases in the host city has risked staging the world’s biggest sports event amid the pandemic without spectators. (7/15)

https://www.republicworld.com/…ympians-sparks-scare.html

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• A COVID-19 cluster was discovered at the Japanese hotel in the Hamamatsu city, southwest of Tokyo, housing dozens of Brazil's Olympic team members head of the highly-anticipated Tokyo Olympics. The cluster was flagged as Tokyo continues to record its highest number of COVID infections in six months. Just over a week before the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics 2020 is scheduled to take place on July 23, the surge in COVID cases in the host city has risked staging the world’s biggest sports event amid the pandemic without spectators. (7/15)

https://www.republicworld.com/…ympians-sparks-scare.html

I think Brazil's Volleyball NT is in Kanagawa, but still this is not good, not good at all with the Olympics literally a week away. ;(

• I think Brazil's Volleyball NT is in Kanagawa, but still this is not good, not good at all with the Olympics literally a week away. ;(

Yeah, both volleyball teams are not in Hamamatsu and have been training normally since arriving yesterday. I wonder who were the culprits for this... :whistle:

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• I don't think the virus was brought by an athlete from Brazil. I read that only part of hotel staff was infected.

• Japanese and media those who doesn't want this to happen will make some drama and fake news. Not saying the news is not true but expect alot of covid cases will come out but not verified. Just to make this olympic a mess and discontinue

Republic World is not part of Japanese press. It could be fake news because that website has no source

• Japanese and media those who doesn't want this to happen will make some drama and fake news. Not saying the news is not true but expect alot of covid cases will come out but not verified. Just to make this olympic a mess and discontinue

its indian media. where did you get this logic from anyway the olympics are already in fullswing