2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• That's interesting... I thought everyone had to stay in the village.

But if any team has its own perks... USA Gymnastics would

I know their alternate Kara Eaker tested positive, but it sounds like they're staying at the hotel for the remainder of the olympic games and not because they were forced to, but because the coaches and athletes want to.

So her saliva test was positive. That same day the following afternoon/evening they did a nose swab which came back negative. They thought it was a false positive and the next day they did another saliva test which came back positive. Followed by a nose swab which also came back negative. According to her dad, two positives and you're pretty much done.

No more cardboard beds for them.

• I just love that the usage of "literally" has invaded other languages.:lol:

:lol:

I, on the other hand, HATE that word. It's the most overused word on the internet, literally...

:rolll::gone:

• I just imagined Gabi having a real psycho break or something. People literally dont know how to use this word. I love when someone says they just literally died.

• I know it is offtopic, but most of the Spanish speakers I know (Im one too) have been using the word literally since more than 12 years ago. For us it is quite surprising it has become "trendy". Nowdays, the gen Z say "lit".

• I don’t follow Turkish athletes much. Eda is a good player. However, she hasn’t been the player who is the one who make or break the team (performance) I.e. Boskovic or Egonu especially.

Yeah clearly you don't follow Turkish team in general, Eda has been the most influential MB among all the teams in OG. All the other teams rely on Opp or OH whereas Turkey's go to player is Eda, which is remarkable for an MB. Turkey lost critical games when she wasnt in her best shape and won against top teams whenever she was in beast mode. So she is definitely make or break kinda player for Turkey.

It will be Eda's last Olympics probably whereas those kids can have 4 more OG in front of them:down:

• I’m sad enough to get annoyed about it :lol: but when a word gets used to mean exactly the opposite of its true meaning then it becomes literally meaningless. :wall:

• It will be Eda's last Olympics probably whereas those kids can have 4 more OG in front of them:down:

Eda was chosen as flag-bearer sis, but she can't attend the ceremony because she was in contact with someone that had covid

• It's not a queer-coded word, in general. Straight people seem to use it just as much, if not even more. It's just one of those things that grows from somewhere, and like a cancer, take over a whole of human culture. Like superhero movies or memes.