2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Schedule is out: https://www.volleyball.world/e…017.1578432657#/d20200726

Surprisingly, Japan choose to play Serbia first:lol:

For the first time in history the competition will conclude with the women's final, on Sunday, August 9, just a few hours ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Closing Ceremony and one day after the men's gold is decided.:box:

Japan is getting Kenya first not Serbia. Still their final two matches will be difficult again South Korea and DR. Losing both will knock them out before quarterfinals.

• Yeah Turkey is little bit unlucky

They got two the strongest teams from their pool, first China and second match against Italy.....

• Yeah Turkey is little bit unlucky

They got two the strongest teams from their pool, first China and second match against Italy.....

To be fair, it's better to play the critical matches (USA and Russia, especially Russia) later.

• To be fair, it's better to play the critical matches (USA and Russia, especially Russia) later.

I think from this pool only China and Italy is playing on a different level, US, Russia, Turkey can both lose to one another so I think the matches will really be high-stakes and exciting :cheesy:

• I think from this pool only China and Italy is playing on a different level, US, Russia, Turkey can both lose to one another so I think the matches will really be high-stakes and exciting :cheesy:

I think USA has chances to upset China or Italy. Russia and Turkey less chances but anything's possible of course. China v Italy is a toss up. I heard Bosetti has an injury and it affects Italy, but we don't know what form the players will be on, and if Egonu decides to actually hit the ball in or repeat her ECh SF performance.

• Russia will have to play China, USA and Turkey as their last three opponents. Russia and Turkey will be cracking :box:

• NT of China is quarantined and isolated in Beijing: https://worldofvolley.com/Late…isolation-in-beijing.html - they do everything, that they can play in the Olympics with their best players, not funny for the players at all (but this is at times in China no fun at all generally speaking, often a military grade enterprise).

• NT of China is quarantined and isolated in Beijing: https://worldofvolley.com/Late…isolation-in-beijing.html - they do everything, that they can play in the Olympics with their best players, not funny for the players at all (but this is at times in China no fun at all generally speaking, often a military grade enterprise).

Japanese men’s league will play the final in front of an empty arena this weekend. The second division matches are cancelled for the next two weekends.

Baseball league in Japan is also playing in front of empty stadiums as well for the next three weekends in their preparation for its regular season.

Soccer league will not play it’s matches either for three weekends.

• there’s some rumors, which i think a bit far-fetched right now, that the entire OGs might be canceled.

That rumors have origin in interview of former WADA president and incumbet member of IOC Dick Pound. He said that IF conditions will not allow games to be held when scheduled, they will be canceled not delayed because delaying / moving such a major event is practicly impossible. The media eager for the sensation interpreted it in a slightly different (wrong) way

• That rumors have origin in interview of former WADA president and incumbet member of IOC Dick Pound. He said that IF conditions will not allow games to be held when scheduled, they will be canceled not delayed because delaying / moving such a major event is practicly impossible. The media eager for the sensation interpreted it in a slightly different (wrong) way

I don't think many people had read his interview. His point is no delay this year as conflict with NBA or anything else. Mainly the broadcasters in USA will not agree. But the Olympics can delay to 2021.

• Is CHN WVT still training? Good for them. Can’t say the same for USA, SRB and ITA. :whistle:

I think China still are, hard to say though since little to no info can be received with their current strict training procedures.

USA have suspended training. Their gym is in Anaheim, California which is under lockdown. Some players have posted on their social medias of them doing home training/drills in their living room.