2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Is Vassilevskaya still active? She was right up there with Fofao as the best Setters during that time. And she has to set the ball that high because all her teammates are sooo tall.

I remembered Elena Tyurina like for a libero she was the weakest member of that Russian Team.

• Is Vassilevskaya still active? She was right up there with Fofao as the best Setters during that time. And she has to set the ball that high because all her teammates are sooo tall.

I remembered Elena Tyurina like for a libero she was the weakest member of that Russian Team.

she was one if the worst libero I have seen and her body language on the court gave negative vibes all the time.

Who can blame a player if she doesn’t want to work with Karpol?

• I was wondering who is the oldest player in OG? And who is the oldest OG medal winner?

Google didn't help much, do you guys have any idea? If I understand it right Samuele Papi is the oldest male who competed I OG. Is this correct?

• Elena Ezhova (Russian libero) was with her 39 years the oldest women's volleyball player during the Rio Olympics in 2016. Don't know if she is the all-time oldest volleyball player who played at the Olympics:/

• Elena Ezhova (Russian libero) was with her 39 years the oldest women's volleyball player during the Rio Olympics in 2016. Don't know if she is the all-time oldest volleyball player who played at the Olympics:/

Danielle Scott-Arruda was 40yo (actually 39 and 10 months) during London 2012, older than Ezhova surely, and - part from her Wikipedia page "She has played at the 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 and the 2012 Summer Olympics, breaking a U.S. female volleyball athlete record for Olympic appearances."

• Is she the only one to play on 5 OGs? Or are there any others?

• If Fabiana appears in the list for Tokyo, she will be on her 5th OG too, if I'm not mistaken

• If we consider male players, Tetyukhin played in 6 OGs and Maurício played in 5 OGs.

Both Artamonova and Tetyukhin are the recordists with 6.

• If we consider male players, Tetyukhin played in 6 OGs and Maurício played in 5 OGs.

Both Artamonova and Tetyukhin are the recordists with 6.

Thanks for the info, seems like Sergio Santos, tetyukhin and Papi have 4 Olympic medals which make their record attendance to OG more special

https://www.guinnessworldrecor…olleyball-most-medals-men

• Depending on how much Ze is drunk on his Golden Gals Kool-Aid in a year's time, there could be quite a few of Brazilian players playing their 4th Olympics (plus Fabiana at 5). But which non-Brazilian players are, barring injury, sure to play their 4th or even 5th Olympics in Tokyo? Maja, Stefana and who else?

• Depending on how much Ze is drunk on his Golden Gals Kool-Aid in a year's time, there could be quite a few of Brazilian players playing their 4th Olympics (plus Fabiana at 5). But which non-Brazilian players are, barring injury, sure to play their 4th or even 5th Olympics in Tokyo? Maja, Stefana and who else?

I see only Erika Araki as possible option for make it 4th Olympics.

• Is there any chance Brakocevic could return to the Serbian NT for the Olympics?

Maybe Piccinini could play her fifth Olympics, but I think Mazanti was pretty clear about the chances of her returning to the NT...

• Is there any chance Brakocevic could return to the Serbian NT for the Olympics?

Maybe Piccinini could play her fifth Olympics, but I think Mazanti was pretty clear about the chances of her returning to the NT...

I really hope Piccinini won’t come back, she is not the type of player they need. They need someone who can solve non-volleyball related issues inside the team and help girls focus on their purpose. Piccinini, on the other hand, always had personal problems with players or coach in NT, so she is kinda opposite of that player. I love her and she is a true legend but this is the truth.

I think Serena Ortalani was this problem solver in 2018 but she quit NT and later they had some drama in 2019. I hope Lucia Bosetti will be able to handle this responsibility next summer.

• I really hope Piccinini won’t come back, she is not the type of player they need. They need someone who can solve non-volleyball related issues inside the team and help girls focus on their purpose. Piccinini, on the other hand, always had personal problems with players or coach in NT, so she is kinda opposite of that player. I love her and she is a true legend but this is the truth.

I think Serena Ortalani was this problem solver in 2018 but she quit NT and later they had some drama in 2019. I hope Lucia Bosetti will be able to handle this responsibility next summer.

It was quite the opposite. Her teammates had problems with her because all the spotlights were always on her and not on the team. It's not her fault if she is the most popular player ever on the ITA women's NT. All the drama started from her jelous teammates, not from Picci.

• It was quite the opposite. Her teammates had problems with her because all the spotlights were always on her and not on the team. It's not her fault if she is the most popular player ever on the ITA women's NT. All the drama started from her jelous teammates, not from Picci.

I think there were always rumors of internal issues in Italian NT, I remember Piccinini’s name all the time, she didn’t want Aguero, she had problems with Barbolini, Lo Bianco and Gioli. I am not saying she is the problematic one but if you complain about some coach publicly and then sign with his club teams a few more times, this sounds weird and it makes you seem you are the problem.

I am sure some players were jealous of her but I still hope she won’t come back to NT.

• I think there were always rumors of internal issues in Italian NT, I remember Piccinini’s name all the time, she didn’t want Aguero, she had problems with Barbolini, Lo Bianco and Gioli. I am not saying she is the problematic one but if you complain about some coach publicly and then sign with his club teams a few more times, this sounds weird and it makes you seem you are the problem.

I am sure some players were jealous of her but I still hope she won’t come back to NT.

Never heard about problems between her and Aguero. When Italy won the World Cup the media was just talking about her absence, like the trophy never existed. And it was like that the whole time. In 2005 she was cut out from the ECH and many people wanted Italy to lose against whoever they'd found in final between Russia and Poland.

She had the same faith of Cacciatori: she was the most popular player of the team and they made her disappear because of jelousy, conflicts and so on.

Piccinini is the last person of the world I think about when it comes to volleyball villains.