2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I don't think world ranking should be use as a criteria yet. Many team didn't send their A rosters so the ranking doesn't represent real strength of teams. I think after OG and continental championships, world ranking will probably be a more representative of the current powerhouse and then hopefully WCh pools will be more balanced then.

I did a simulation in a spreadsheet of the Olympics (with the favorites winning/no upsets) and rankings return pretty much to how you'd expect them to almost immediately.

But that's also counting on teams not flopping (looking at you Italy) or going 5 sets with teams they shouldn't be. (looking at you Italy) :lol::lol:

• I did a simulation in a spreadsheet of the Olympics (with the favorites winning/no upsets) and rankings return pretty much to how you'd expect them to almost immediately.

But that's also counting on teams not flopping (looking at you Italy) or going 5 sets with teams they shouldn't be. (looking at you Italy) :lol::lol:

Can you share the spreadsheet? I am curious, I though I was the only one doing such volleyball nerdy things :D

• Can you share the spreadsheet? I am curious, I though I was the only one doing such volleyball nerdy things :D

so I think this will work... I dont know how to get google sheets to not save what others edit... so it might be best to copy/paste all of the formulas to your own spreadsheet.

also its not super pretty. The results will be down below (best to zoom out a little bit) Just enter the team that's higher ranked in the top slot (and the lower in the bottom) and the names are able to be changed in that row as well.

https://docs.google.com/spread…buJ93j84/edit?usp=sharing

• so I think this will work... I dont know how to get google sheets to not save what others edit... so it might be best to copy/paste all of the formulas to your own spreadsheet.

also its not super pretty. The results will be down below (best to zoom out a little bit) Just enter the team that's higher ranked in the top slot (and the lower in the bottom) and the names are able to be changed in that row as well.

Nice work! where did you get the strength and P1-P6, is it Gaussian distribution?

• so I think this will work... I dont know how to get google sheets to not save what others edit... so it might be best to copy/paste all of the formulas to your own spreadsheet.

Central Time Zone decimal point usage :down:

• How can I double like a post :rolll:

• After all that has been said, I’m just glad the top 5 or 6 women’s volleyball nations will be in Tokyo. Spare a thought for the German women’s football team, champions in Rio, they didn’t even qualify for Tokyo :|

That's because of UEFA's insane Olympic qualification system (they just use results from the world cup) rather than an Olympic qualifying tournament (or even the Euros)

France is a better team and they didn't get in either. (sorry side-topic)

• Imagine if Italy got eliminated by DOM and Rivera is the main scorer that night.

Rivera to be naturalized as italian. Just watch. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney