2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Kosheleva is retiring from the NT.

She probably doesn’t want Busato to put her on court as back row sub to receive again:gone:

Joke aside, I thought Kosheleva could help the team as she showed quite a good form and the best reception in her entire career in Galatasaray. But sadly her performance in VNL wasn’t convincing at all. Wish her all the best to her journey in Italy next season.

• I'm going to guess she wasn't on the Tokyo roster and that's why she's announced it.

I dont think it would make sense to compete for a spot and then just retire before the Olympics.

If I'm going to believe her post, she said she wasn't cut. I don't she will be given there aren't many good choices for OH. Which makes it very strange. I wish her all the best, though. We will miss you, Koshe! :rose:

• So the OHs for Tokyo will probably be Voronkova, Arina, Smirnova and someone else? Is there someone else in the gym, that didn't participate in the VNL, but is in consideration for the Olympics? Will Busato take a DS, a 2nd libero?

Busato might try to pull Sokolova out of retirement :lol:

• But according to her she wasn't kicked out from the team.

Not being a part of the Olympic roster is different than being kicked out of the team, at least if the translation is accurate.

• Does Lazareva pass? I feel like she was announced as an OH/Opp for Fenerbahce

She played as OH in World Cup 2019. I think her passing is a bit unstable.

• Busato might try to pull Sokolova out of retirement :lol:

He can always ask Karch to borrow SWP, her reception is not on Gabi's or Krob's level, but she can't be worse than Russia's other options:lol:

• He can always ask Karch to borrow SWP, her reception is not on Gabi or Krob's level, but she can't be worse than Russia's other options:lol:

Russia would love that very much :lol:

• Argentina watching Turkey and Russia's mess

tenor.gif?itemid=4247290

Another team from the Americas snatching a spot in the QF from the Europeans :lol:

• To be honest, I don't know if Kosheleva's absence will impact Russia's chances of making the QFs. She only played a few matches, subbed in a few times, but I don't remember her having any impact at all. The key to grab that 4th spot will be the floor defense (and by that I mean Malova having a good game) as well as the MBs, and Arina not being served off the court. Oh, and of course (assuming that this will be the match that will decide everything), Hande and Meliha being on court for Turkey;)

• To be honest, I don't know if Kosheleva's absence will impact Russia's chances of making the QFs. She only played a few matches, subbed in a few times, but I don't remember her having any impact at all. The key to grab that 4th spot will be the floor defense (and by that I mean Malova having a good game) as well as the MBs, and Arina not being served off the court. Oh, and of course (assuming that this will be the match that will decide everything), Hande and Meliha being on court for Turkey;)

i agree with this a bit. I don't think Kosheleva is going starter but she's there as a "decent" sub and to complete the 12 player roster.

• Didn't also Gamova retire just before Olympic roster announcement? It is very strange 😶