2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Didn't also Gamova retire just before Olympic roster announcement? It is very strange 😶

She did. She said it was due to injuries (if i remember correctly). I think it's because she doesn't want to be reduced as a backup player when the coach already sees Goncha as the starter.

• It's simple imo.

They were told what her job was which can be anything from 'youre not making Tokyo' to just that she would have no major role in the team which was probably a reason for an elite player like her to be underwhelmed and chose to retire instead. Similar things have happened so often, think ofc Brakocevic making way does Boskovic for example

• Another team from the Americas snatching a spot in the QF from the Europeans :lol:

If the runner-ups of both CSV and NORCECA has one more match to pick the 3rd candidate from the American Continent to the Olympics, one more spot can be spared for the Europeans.

Now CSV + NORCECA have four, frankly it's one too many! :lol:

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• Argentina watching Turkey and Russia's mess

tenor.gif?itemid=4247290

The hope remains hopeless :lol: if the team can win one match, it will have been great.... i just don't check how the team fared last time in Rio.

"The majority of men are not capable of thinking, but only of believing and are not accessible to reason but only to authority." -­ Arthur Schopenhauer

• Kenya released their roster Link

Setters – Jane Wacu, Joy Lusenaka
    Opposites – Sharon Chepchumba, Emmaculate Chemtai
    Outside Hitters – Mercy Moim, Noel Murambi, Leonida Kasaya, Pamela Jepkirui
    Middle Blockers – Edith Mukuvilani, Gladys Ekaru, Lorine Chebet
    Libero – Agripina Kundu

• crovolley

Looking back to the Rio Olympics thread, I'm surprised that you were quite accurate, especially this post was right after China losing to Netherlands in the opening match.

Italy or China will fight for Gold and Italy is gone win it with crazy performance by Egonu in tie break :lol:

• Italy or China will fight for Gold and Italy is gone win it with crazy performance by Egonu in tie break :lol:

China and Italy have 50% chance to meet in the semi-final. According to the regulation, winner of A2/B3(B2) will play against winner of A4/B1. Italy and China are very likely to be top 3 teams in Group B. It is a bit unfair. For Pool A, A1 will not play against A2 again before the final.

• Gold: China

Silver: US

Bronze: Italy

MVP: Zhu

Top Scorer: Egonu

Most disappointing team: Serbia

• According to Oricon, the official soundtrack for women's (volleyball) during Tokyo is Twice's Kura Kura? or Kira Kira dunno which one but they'll probably change the lyrics to Kira Kira meaning shiny

It says "Short Film" but no other details. It might include each team's ace player or captain since all the other sports have a similar featurette

It's gonna be a tiktok dance mess. Following what Asics did with Ran Takahashi and other athletes.