2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Gold: China

Silver: Italy

Bronze: Serbia

MVP: Zhu

Top Scorer: Egonu

Most Disappointing: IDK. I’d say Russia but I’m not sure anybody expects anything from them right now. I guess I’m being boring and not predicting any major disappointments.

Brazil and USA have less weaknesses than Italy and Serbia so they are also major contenders but I believe that Egonu and Boskovic will be able to fire their teams through them if they get decent support. If Mihajlovic or Sylla can play like they did at their best then they could give China big problems but right now I have no faith in either one of them to perform to that level. It’s hard to find any weakness at all in China and we all know what Zhu Ting can do so for me they are clear favourites.

• Isn't this more disappointing? If you get blown away 3-0 it's disappointing of course but just not good enough... whereas if you lost 2-3 then you could think that if something had gone the other way or someone did this instead maybe it would've been 3-2.

As a player 2:3 is more disappointing than 0:3 at least in the first moment, but as neutral spectator I'd say for Turkey it would be a success being eliminated in QF after having pushed some top teams to the edge but it would be a disappointment for them to not have any chance against the top teams.

• As a player 2:3 is more disappointing than 0:3 at least in the first moment, but as neutral spectator I'd say for Turkey it would be a success being eliminated in QF after having pushed some top teams to the edge but it would be a disappointment for them to not have any chance against the top teams.

true, 2-3 can be considered to be almost on the same performance level.

• Some users introduced a new trend and tendency of underestimate Serbia and i love it, hope that girls will dissuade you all. :rose:

Gold: China

Silver: Serbia

Bronze: Italy

MVP: Zhu

Best scorer: Egonu

The only real disappointment for me can be Serbia LOL, the others can only surprise me, both positive and negative and surprises are not surprises if I am able to predict them.

• I just watched the match between Russia and USA in the VNL for the first time, and that game was actually pretty close (except the 4th set which was a blowout) and even Russia were leading in most part of the sets. I think the only real favorite in Pool B are China and Italy and USA will be the clear third.. I guess we are all waiting for Russia x Turkey that will be fireworks :box:

• Gold: Italy

Silver: China

Bronze: Serbia

MVP: Egonu

Top Scorer: Boskovic

Most Disappointing: USA

First of all, I find it hard to judge between the medal contenders, because we've only seen Brazil, China and USA play with their best line-up this summer...

Egonu lately has proven that she is THE player who can turn a match around on her own, so I will not be surprised if Italy will take the gold medal. Don't know if Caterina Bosetti can take the same roll as her sister in reception and defense, but she was in great shape in Novara and can contribute more in attack than Lucia. De Gennaro is the best libero in the world and one of the only players knowing how to defend players like Zhu Ting and Boskovic:obey: Also their middle blockers are more than decent. Malinov and Sylla play their best game in Italian NT. Especially Sylla played great during WCH 2018 and ECH 2019. Not only good contribution in attack, but also stable in reception and defense. If both of Malinov and Sylla can play at a decent level, I think they are very hard to stop.

I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese volleyball team, but they are the most complete team IMO and have a lot of experience:)

Last year I thought Serbia would take the gold medal, but with the current shape of Mihajlovic and the absence of Veljkovic I think it will be hard for them to take the gold:( I think the absence of Veljkovic will hurt them very much, because IMO Popovic can't have the same impact/ contribution as Veljkovic on the team, especially in attack. Also Rasic isn't as dominant as she used to... Eventually I think Boskovic will have to take a too big responsibility/ offensive load. Still they have the best setter in the world, so hope Ognjenovic can make some miracles happen:heart:

I really hope it isn't going to happen, because I like US NT a lot, but I'm afraid they will end up without a medal:( They haven't impressed me during VNL. Many times they played sloppy, I'm not used to seeing that from them... I believe missing a real hard hitter like Egonu, Boskovic or Zhu Ting will be fatal to them eventually.

I'm not convinced by the performance Turkey showed, but I would never countdown Guidetti...

I hope Brazil can suprise us:flower:

• #FreeSWP

• Top errorer too...probably

No

if u look the stats of egonu past 2 years she make few mistakes and get blocked

That's why she's one of few players in world that is always at least 55%in attack efficiency constantly ( no mb)

• If Turkey can't win a medal (most probably can't), then I support Serbia (Balkan brotherhood). IMO China is the favourite and there will be battles between Serbia-Italy and the USA.

• China will again advance to the knock-out phase with 2 wins, they will lose to Turkey in a thrilling 5-setter, and Turkey will make it to the semis(beating Japan), but go home empty-handed just like the Netherlands did 5 years ago :rolll:

When I see the schedule that China's opening match facing Guidetti again, I was like what a coincidence:D

• Gold: Italy

Silver: Serbia

Bronze: China

MVP: Paola Egonu

Top Scorer: Paola Egonu

Most disappointing team: Turkey

I think we will have a 2018 World Championship final rematch and this time Italy will come out as the winners.

OPP: Egonu and Boskovic are equal to me

Setter: Serbia has the advantage. Maja --------> Orro/Malinov

OH: depends on both Sylla's and Mihaljovic performances, can go both ways. At the moment it looks like Italy will win the battle of outside hitters

MB: Italy is in advantage, Serbia MB's in 2018 were better

L: Italy has the advantage by far, however S. Popovic has always been a stable libero

Italy has Egonu. That's it. She is unstoppable. Serbia with Maja/Boskovic combo is very dangerous too

China is a very good team in all aspects and we already saw a glimpse of that in the last VNL weeks. They will be eager to take the title again

Turkey was not convincing at all in VNL and their OH are are very big problem. Naz need to step up her game and the middle blockers are not on top level yet. Karakurt will be playing great I think. But we all know Guidetti and his mind games so I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey will make it the last 4 either.

Teams I hope will do good:

- Korea: with all the NT issues there I would love to see KYK getting a medal

- Brazil: maybe 2021 will be their comeback year and with and inspired Tandara + Natalia/Gabi/Carol/Macris they are not completely out of the question imo

• If Turkey can't win a medal (most probably can't), then I support Serbia (Balkan brotherhood).

My second team is Serbia too. They have Maja-Boskovic :))

• Gold: China

Silver: Italy

Bronze: USA

MVP: Zhu Ting

Top Scorer: Paola Egonu

Most disappointing team: SRB

To me, winning a medal is nowadays very depending on having a balanced team led by one star player. China is definition of this! They have one of the best trainers in the world. All 6 players are some of the best ones in their positions. And having Zhu who is on top of her game is just inevitable success. They literally have no weakness. They are handsdown heavy favourite

Italy is a balanced team, especially if Orro would play instead of Malinov. Egonu is currently best player in the world in my opinion. She can drag her team to any final, single handedly. So I expect her to play with 40+ points in semis against whoever the opponent is. I wouldn't even surprise if Egonu shows a monster performance at the final and bring gold medal to Italy.

USA has a very deep roster with good alternatives at every position. Setters are complementing each other very well. 3 athletic MBs and 4 all-around OHs. Their long lasting weak spot, libero position seems to be finally well covered. Only thing I see as weak spot is their Opp position. Neither Drews nor Thompson gives me confidence

Serbia's current shape is a big question mark. They have two very special players, Maja and Boskoviç. These duo are very dangerous. On the other hand, all their OHs were in a bad shape, unless they reach their peak very quickly, Serbia might miss even Semis. Also their MB lineup is not as scary as before. With so much weak spots in the starting line up, also knowing that Boskoviç can't win a crucial match by herself like Egonu does, I expect not to get a medal.

It is hard to guest what Turkey would do indeed. VNL didn't give answers about OH position. Guidetti is becoming stubborn again with his roster choices. On the other hand both Eda and Ebrar are in an amazing shape. If Zehra would get back to her pre-injury shape, Turkey would be still a dangerous team with limited contribution from outsides. I wouldn't be surprised if TUR would repeat the same success of NED in the previous edition