2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Yes, they can replace anyone (for any reason) up until first serve. Once the competition starts, then there will be no exchange/swap due to injury. (I'm not sure if covid is affected by this)

FIFA/IOC got approval (or was rumored) to just roster all of their alternates so there was no swapping for soccer... I was hoping IOC/FIVB might do the same

Chinese media reported that volleyball teams are allowed a 12 player roster +2 alternates hence Brazil Men's NT bringing Flavio/Gabriel and Turkey with Ayca/Asli. USA won't be able to bring all of SWP, Plummer, Dixon, Carlini, Courtney, and Tapp.

Also alternates won't be able to enter the Olympic Village.

• I think Nyeme (L) is still practicing with the NT judging by her instagram, but they haven't said anything about her travelling to Japan.

• I think Nyeme (L) is still practicing with the NT judging by her instagram, but they haven't said anything about her travelling to Japan.

Yes, from the cbvolei IG stories, I saw Gabi peppering with Nyeme on training.

• DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ROSTER

MB: YINEIRY MARTÍNEZ , LISVEL EVE, ANNERY VARGAS

SETTER:NIVERKA MARTE, CAMIL DOMÍNGUEZ.

OPP: GAILA GONZÁLEZ, BRAYELIN MARTÍNEZ

OH: BETHANIA DE LA CRUZ, YONKAIRA PEÑA, PRISCILA RIVERA

LIB/ DS: BRENDA CASTILLO, LARYSMER MARTÍNEZ

• Great choices

• Some statistics.

Average Age

26: Argentina, Italy, Japan, Russia

27: China, Kenya, Turkey

28: South Korea, Serbia, USA

30: Brazil

Average Height

177 cm: Japan

178 cm: Kenya

182 cm: Argentina, South Korea

183 cm: Brazil

186 cm: Italy

187 cm: Serbia, USA

188 cm: Russia, Turkey

189 cm: China

Oldest Player: Gattaz (BRA) 39

Youngest Player: Federovtseva (RUS) 17, Ana Cristina (BRA) 17

Tallest Player: Yuan Xinyue (CHN) 201 cm, Kubra (TUR) 200 cm

Shortest: Kundu (KEN) 155 cm

EDIT: I didn't add Dominican Republic's yet because they took too long. :aww:

• That was a meeting today in the morning with the dominican president and all athletes going to the olympics there were 15 volleyball players including Mambru, se was interview after she was told that she did not make the team, she said she understand and she is ok but judging her body language you can tell she was pissed off.

here is is the vid:

• Didn't know Kubra grew. I thought she used to be 196-198.

• Oldest Player: Gattaz (BRA) 39

Youngest Player: Federovtseva (RUS) 17, Ana Cristina (BRA) 17

Tallest Player: Yuan Xinyue (CHN) 201 cm, Kubra (TUR) 200 cm

Shortest: Kundu (KEN) 155 cm

EDIT: I didn't add Dominican Republic's yet because they took too long.

Dominican Republic have some of the extremes... B. Martinez is the same height as Yuan Xinyue at 201 and I feel like they have a few veterans who may be able to challenge Gattaz on age.

• Dominican Republic have some of the extremes... B. Martinez is the same height as Yuan Xinyue at 201 and I feel like they have a few veterans who may be able to challenge Gattaz on age.

Was she always at 201 cm? I feel like I remember seeing her height somewhere and it was around Zhu's height at 198 cm.

• That was a meeting today in the morning with the dominican president and all athletes going to the olympics there were 15 volleyball players including Mambru, se was interview after she was told that she did not make the team, she said she understand and she is ok but judging her body language you can tell she was pissed off.

here is is the vid:

thank you for the information, i noticed the video when the president met the DR national volleyball team, i noticed only 13 players' participation of the meeting including Mambru. I thought Martinaz-Caro probably would not make it.

Poor Mambru now.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• I’m surprised by number of volleyball players carring the flag.

So proud :heart:

• Araki and Ognjenovic are definitely survivors from Beijing. Is there anyone else I’ve forgotten?