2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Rivera and Vargas went to Athens 2004 :box:

• Honestly, I might be jumping the gun from watching these friendlies, but I think that in all matchups in Group B, whoever is able to put consistent pressure on serve during their match has the upper hand. I don't think there are favorites between USA, ITA, TUR and RUS at all. This is possibly where Turkey can grab a couple of wins.

• Lang Ping after watching that friendly.

nothing-to-do-with-me-above-a-still-of-marie-kondo-saying-im-so-excited-because-i-love-mess

I watched this show last night. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• quick, everyone (Brazil-USA-China-Japan-DR) in for a prayer circle that Italy/Serbia keep this form while the Europeans are asleep

7a9dc843b1bdcc4a91b220577483cb3f.jpg

Sorry Argentina and Korea. I think you might need more than this.

Kenya, Russia, Turkey: Guess I'll just be gone then :gone:

• Fedorovsteva should be included as one of the youngest volleyball players to play Olympics. She just turned 17 this year and her transition to senior NT may be one of the most successful in recent history. Russia may not likely win medals in Tokyo, but this may prove to be a turning point in Arina's career. Hope she really is the next big thing in volleyball :obey::box:

Ana Cristina is waving. She's younger than Arina. Brazil has the youngest and oldest players for the Olympics

• She's among them. Valdez is gonna be 40 by August 7th and Tokyo ends on August 8th. Gattaz will be 40 (July 27th) once Tokyo starts. Serginho and Tetyukhin were also 40 in 2016. There's probably been other cases too.

Ohh, I thought Fofao and Venturini were the oldest who played at the Olympics.

• Want a 10 pages article from fivb or any sport volleyball critic about the upcoming Olympic. Prediction of the teams and all.

I think will be nice if someone will create a game here or eome fans call it fantacy league and the fan with highest number or top scorer prediction is the winner and will have a night with me 😂jk.

Something like that.

• I forgot to write my predictions:

1. China

2. Serbia

3. Brazil/Italy

4. Italy/Brazil

MVP: Ding Xia/Zhu Ting

Top scorer: Egonu

Most disappointing team: USA. They already were the biggest disappointment in 2012 and 2016 editions, and I unfortunately think they will repeat in in Tokyo. USA has a very deep roster, but in the current modern vball, I dont see they have a "terminator" in the clutch moments. So far, nor Drews nor Thompson give me the confidence they could score a match point or save one in an Olympic do-it or die match.