2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• So I have somewhat good news but I'm not sure if it will work with a VPN.

Sling Blue has a promotion right now for $10 for a month which will get you a log in that will work with the NBC Olympics site for all of the Olympics content.

I just don't know if 1) Sling will let you register with a VPN/foreign credit card 2) If NBC will work with a VPN

sling is such a weird website, it says $10 deal on homepage, but the cart shows $18, and when I click check out, it just stays on the same page.

• No 3: Nizetich, Eve, Tashiro, Yeon Hye Seon, Cansu

No 2: Zhu, Poulter, Koga, Simge, Gattaz, Sabrina Germanier

No 1: Hancock, Busa, Elina Rodriguez, Yuan, Valdez, Sorokaite, Kurogo, Wairimu, Lee Soyoung.

That's all the available options....

I'd expect to see Zhu as n. 2 and Kurogo (being from the host country) as n. 1 then..

• sling is such a weird website, it says $10 deal on homepage, but the cart shows $18, and when I click check out, it just stays on the same page.

blocking cookies?

• that's weird. maybe you added one of the add-on packages?

finally done after clearing browsing history:white:

It looks like I can record a live match on Sling, just don't know if they'll show the video length. I just scheduled a recording on a female football match later on, and check it when I wake up.

• Some trends and observations in the past editions of the Olympics before the games start in a few days (finally!). Hope I got my research right:

1. The winning team always come from Pool B. (The last time a Gold Medallist came from Pool A was in 1988 and it was the Soviet Union)
    2. Cuba was the last team to have won both World Championship and the Olympics in the same quadrennial (World Champions in 1998 and Olympic Gold in 2000). After them, the succeeding World Champions failed to get gold at the Olympics
    3. The last 2 Olympic champions were struggling in preliminary round and ended up as the 4th ranked team but went to turn the tables in quarterfinals and emerged as the eventual winners.

Curious if there'll be a team who can break this cycle and I'm very excited to find out who! Hoping to see great matches and world records shattered. And more importantly, no Covid outbreaks.

• even in 1988 soviet union didn't qualify through europe i think,they should go to world qualifier

And they were so close to lose it

• Taylor Crabb, American beach volleyball player, has tested positive for covid-19 and has been eliminated. I don't know if they will be able to replace him.

• Taylor Crabb, American beach volleyball player, has tested positive for covid-19 and has been eliminated. I don't know if they will be able to replace him.

I read someone was flying out to replace him. The whole Crabb situation is a mess (this is off topic... but he was supposed to be suspended for the Olympics... cause of misconduct with a minor female which USAV suspended him for... but an independent arbitrator said nah.. and reinstated him after two months) Karma imo :whistle:

• covid rules for volleyball

"In Volleyball, if a team is unable to compete due to COVID-19 the team will not be disqualified and will be marked as DNS.

In case the team qualified for the quarterfinals, the team will be replaced by the highest ranked team from the respective pool of the preliminary round. In case the team qualified for the semi-final, the respective losing quarterfinalist will take their place. In case one of the two teams playing in the final can no longer compete due to COVID-19 the team is replaced by the respective losing semi-finalist."

• covid rules for volleyball

"In Volleyball, if a team is unable to compete due to COVID-19 the team will not be disqualified and will be marked as DNS.

In case the team qualified for the quarterfinals, the team will be replaced by the highest ranked team from the respective pool of the preliminary round. In case the team qualified for the semi-final, the respective losing quarterfinalist will take their place. In case one of the two teams playing in the final can no longer compete due to COVID-19 the team is replaced by the respective losing semi-finalist."

Imagine being the finalist and getting replaced by the team you just beat in semi-finals, bcz of Covid-19.

Ouch