2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I don't want to open a discussion.they were dissapointing too

Byt it was onw of best if not the best olympics in story,al.ost all teams were in good shape and usa was a step above all of teams,i don't remember a olympics in 2000 era where a team was the maximum favourite and they show it on court

Unfortunately,they couldn't make it

Brazil WAS NOT in good shape in London. They found their mojo on that epic QF showdown & had a rather easy SF. They got their ass beaten on the 1st set of the final. What happened afterwards was one of the greatest miracle of volleyball. 😂

• First in groups will play against 4th in the opposite group. Second can play against either the 2nd or 3rd, to be determined by lot. As to how exactly the winners of quarterfinals will be paired in semis seem to be a closely guarded state secret, since I've never been able to find anything about that.:lol:

I'm not sure it is actual a secret. It's on FIVB's website and I think the formula has always been out there as the same.

Olympic Games Tokyo2020 - Formula Table

• For those who are questioning why crovolley is supporting Turkey (not just in this match, but in previous ones as well), it's quite simple: European solidarity. I don't know why that concept seems to be eluding people, because it seems its precisely that propensity of his and several other users that have contributed to sour some of our members on European teams in general (or so they claim, at least...).

Please stop it, then he would just as well support Serbia and Russia, which he does not seem to do whatsoever atm. And its frankly obvious for anyone that he is "supporting" rather than supporting them and instead is seeking to jinx em. In virtually all threads up until now the man has proclaimed his stance as an harsh advocate for Italy at the expense of ceaselessly downplaying Turkey NT and its league while taking them hostage as his nemesis par excellence. Why would this so seemingly simple and one-dimensional man characterised by his extreme black and white opinions, all of a sudden, at last turn into some complex figure with such high and noble motivations as described above?

• I just wanna say how disappointed I am to see ''fans'' attacking the team, JLP and Zhu Ting. I mean just a week ago JLP was the greatest ever, a mastermind, a coach who could do no wrong.. and I still agree, she still is all of those things. Is China not making out of group play a debacle? Yeah sure. Is she a someone who is responsible for that? Sure. The same way the players, the other coaches, and many of the Chinese staff are. Fans can be disappointed, angry.. but one failed tournament doesn't take away their worth and the things they've previously achieved. It's really unfortunate that it's the most important tournament, but true fans support their team through everything.

Say it louder for the people in the back. :!:You just got back to the forum and already made the post of the day. Very good point

• I'm not sure it is actual a secret. It's on FIVB's website and I think the formula has always been out there as the same.

Olympic Games Tokyo2020 - Formula Table

Janko probably means, how the quaterfinal pairs determined by DOL are positioned relative to A1-B4 and B1-A4. I'm not sure but it is make the most sense to me that is just filling in order. First drawn pair in first half of the draw and second pair in second half.

• Janko probably means, how the quaterfinal pairs determined by DOL are positioned relative to A1-B4 and B1-A4. I'm not sure but it is make the most sense to me that is just filling in order. First drawn pair in first half of the draw and second pair in second half.

I think I got it now (?). Yes, it's a draw, so they will probably fill the spots in the order they appear in the image I posted.

• OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS! I’m back back back back back again!

After months and months of trying, I finally got into my account. For some reason I couldn’t remember my password, nor was J getting an email.

I’ve been watching that games, reading the forum.. I know all the drama (khm crovolley🙄) and I have lot’s of opinions.. I’m so happy I can finally be active here again, can’t wait to share them all 😇

how did you manage to log in? for years, i can't log in at all (My old account is hplailane). my password isn't working and yes, i wasn't getting an email as well. :white:

• Brazil WAS NOT in good shape in London. They found their mojo on that epic QF showdown & had a rather easy SF. They got their ass beaten on the 1st set of the final. What happened afterwards was one of the greatest miracle of volleyball. 😂

to be fair, brazil was still #2 in world rankings back 2012 and many of the girls were part of the '08 olympics champion team.

volleyball is a mental game and for years, it's USA's problem. the moment they're pushed, they sometimes succumbed to pressure. it happened in 2012 and it happened yesterday again against turkey. pushed by turkey set 3 onwards and If not for turkey's 3 service errors at 5th set, USA would've lost.

• to be fair, brazil was still #2 in world rankings back 2012 and many of the girls were part of the '08 olympics champion team.

volleyball is a mental game and for years, it's USA's problem. the moment they're pushed, they sometimes succumbed to pressure. it happened in 2012 and it happened yesterday again against turkey. pushed by turkey set 3 onwards and If not for turkey's 3 service errors at 5th set, USA would've lost.

it’s just kinda crazy how the team that got beaten by the usa b team managed to grab the gold.

anywau out profile pic shows how great taste we both have 😂

• Sooo lets start..

As everyone on this forum, I'm shook(!) China is in the position they're in. Almost everyone saw them as the frontrunners, and a big favorite to defend the gold. I'm not gonna get into what the reasons behind all of this are, I just wanna say how disappointed I am to see ''fans'' attacking the team, JLP and Zhu Ting. I mean just a week ago JLP was the greatest ever, a mastermind, a coach who could do no wrong.. and I still agree, she still is all of those things. Is China not making out of group play a debacle? Yeah sure. Is she a someone who is responsible for that? Sure. The same way the players, the other coaches, and many of the Chinese staff are. Fans can be disappointed, angry.. but one failed tournament doesn't take away their worth and the things they've previously achieved. It's really unfortunate that it's the most important tournament, but true fans support their team through everything.

Of course I support the players even if they're playing god awful, but the coach? She keeps her favorite players on court/roster selection is questionable, doesn't let the injured Yan ni or zhu ting take a break, and when asked about the loss just says that players are inrjued.

Plenty of bad decision making on the coach's part, but the brunt of the hate she's getting is due to what fans think of her character (and if what we see is true, she deserves it completely. I don't care if you won twenty gold medals in the past. )

• Janko probably means, how the quaterfinal pairs determined by DOL are positioned relative to A1-B4 and B1-A4. I'm not sure but it is make the most sense to me that is just filling in order. First drawn pair in first half of the draw and second pair in second half.

Yep, that's the step that is mysterious. How will they determine which pair drawn by lot to put in QF2 and which in QF3. What you are suggesting sound the most logical solution, but it's still conjecture, right?

• how did you manage to log in? for years, i can't log in at all (My old account is hplailane). my password isn't working and yes, i wasn't getting an email as well. :white:

To be clear to everyone who may be reading this who’s in a similar situation, the password reset email isn’t working properly and we don’t know why. If you email the admins then we can manually reset your password - just email ivolleyteam@hotmail.com with your problem and username and we can help. It’s a shame that some really good users have been locked out for so long.

• Please stop it, then he would just as well support Serbia and Russia, which he does not seem to do whatsoever atm. And its frankly obvious for anyone that he is "supporting" rather than supporting them and instead is seeking to jinx em. In virtually all threads up until now the man has proclaimed his stance as an harsh advocate for Italy at the expense of ceaselessly downplaying Turkey NT and its league while taking them hostage as his nemesis par excellence. Why would this so seemingly simple and one-dimensional man characterised by his extreme black and white opinions, all of a sudden, at last turn into some complex figure with such high and noble motivations as described above?

Believe me, I know he's capable of some exquisite passive-aggressive behaviour, but in this particular case, I think you might be overthinking it.;)

• Yep, that's the step that is mysterious. How will they determine which pair drawn by lot to put in QF2 and which in QF3. What you are suggesting sound the most logical solution, but it's still conjecture, right?

Yep.

• Please stop it, then he would just as well support Serbia and Russia, which he does not seem to do whatsoever atm. And its frankly obvious for anyone that he is "supporting" rather than supporting them and instead is seeking to jinx em. In virtually all threads up until now the man has proclaimed his stance as an harsh advocate for Italy at the expense of ceaselessly downplaying Turkey NT and its league while taking them hostage as his nemesis par excellence. Why would this so seemingly simple and one-dimensional man characterised by his extreme black and white opinions, all of a sudden, at last turn into some complex figure with such high and noble motivations as described above?

:rolll::rolll::rolll::rolll:

Oh God at least I had really nice laugh.
    One more. Cheering for European teams until some of them doesn’t play against Italy. Got it ?!