2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• Some of yall are showing your age, 1988 OG?:what::rolll:

I wasnt even born yet in 1988 :mad: (kidding, Im 92 class), but I have heard about that epic final. It was the last time Russia (or URSS) got the gold medal. Actually, last time an European team got the gold :!:

As well as Karpol was key in order to turn around an almost lost match. It was also the first time than a team fro CSV reached an Olympic final.

• I wasnt even born yet in 1988 :mad: (kidding, Im 92 class), but I have heard about that epic final. It was the last time Russia (or URSS) got the gold medal. Actually, last time an European team got the gold :!:

As well as Karpol was key in order to turn around an almost lost match. It was also the first time than a team fro CSV reached an Olympic final.

This match is awesome. I've seen parts of it (I wasn't born yet too !!). Peru had their chances and failed.

• This match is awesome. I've seen parts of it (I wasn't born yet too !!). Peru had their chances and failed.

Now Im curious and I will check if FIVB chose the 1988 final as the best one or the one from Athens 2004. Im not sure if both were tied.

I remember Kirilova (back then Parkhomchuk) declared that final was the most difficult match she has ever played, as well as one of the sweetest victory of her career.

China x Peru in the round robin was also an epic match, as well as Japan x URSS. If Im not wrong, Brazil back then wasnt still a top team, but with many young jewels (probably first games for Venturini).

• I think Russia might be able to surprise USA. They played a fairly even and balanced game against them previously this summer in the Nations League, in case I am able to recall properly at least, and they might be able to stage that kind of scenario once again. From my perspective yet another 5-setter (for both of em) wouldnt be particularily eye-opening.

Dom-Ken 3-0

Usa-Rus 3-2

Arg-Tur 0-3

Srb-Bra 3-1

Jpn-Kor 3-1

Chi-Ita 0-3

• I think Russia might be able to surprise USA. They played a fairly even and balanced game against them previously this summer in the Nations League, in case I am able to recall properly at least, and they might be able to repeat that scenario here. From my perspective yet another 5-setter (for both of em) wouldnt be particularily eye-opening.

I think they will too (keep it close) but that VNL match had Kim Hill as libero and Kelsey as OH2.

• i think that Macris was playing good but not delivering some extra as she does in Minas. So IMO Roberta would be an improvement in block and defense. This is good because Brazil is a short team.

• i believe that Brazil will win against Serbia.

• Let me get this straight: as someone born in 1988, I might be one of the oldest active users here?! Is this tiktok or what?:what::lol:

• 1st place gives you Korea in QF probably, 2nd place gives you 50% chances to play Serbia or Brazil, losing against Russia on purpose wouldnt be smart.

Yea. 2012 is fair in hindsight.

but this year, there's 0 reason to not want to try to cross over with Korea. Getting paired with Serbia in a QF would be a nightmare.

• Brazil in 2012 thank u :cup:

So you don't want your Italy to win gold?