2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I'm not even mad. Russia played the best volleyball I've literally ever seen from them. I don't think any team is beating them if they can sustain this level.

I'm disappointed with how USA didn't react and was just tactically wrong.

• USA have a talented bench so I don't understand why Karch is so hesitant to shuffle his players. I was waiting for Kim Hill to be subbed in.

• I'm not even mad. Russia played the best volleyball I've literally ever seen from them. I don't think any team is beating them if they can sustain this level.

I'm disappointed with how USA didn't react and was just tactically wrong.

Italy is still a notch stronger. Egonu practically hits over the block. #NoJinxIntended

• Amazing that at 40yo, Carol Gattaz is the leading best blocker in Tokyo 2020+1

• Spotted: Carlini on the beach, sipping some ice-cold martini vodka :whistle:

• I was looking forward to the USA-ITA match but, with JT injured I hope they will rest her first. The next matches are more important.

Russia's win against China was a great morale boost. Imo, they have a big chance of defeating Turkey next game.

• JT isn't going to play the rest of the games. It would need a miracle.

I hope so... Her well-being is more worthy than any medal..

I didn't like seeing they making her walk, like trying to show to everyone that she was fine... No one is fine after that

• JT isn't going to play the rest of the games. It would need a miracle.

Hoping for a miracle then.

But, is it that bad? I saw some hope when she was able to walk after.

• Russian women has the best block probably tied with Italy

Either if on club or NT team level, the most I fear for our German teams is always Russian blocking, lead by "monsters" like Koroleva and Fetisova, often three players at nearly equal height and distances, so even top-notch attackers have often much trouble to get points against those Russian walls...

• Well, so far the only certainty of these Olympics is that they are unpredictable :D

Hence, it wouldnt surprise me if China manages to beat Italy later today. I still think that if the Asians could play in the same level than in the first two sets against USA, they could produce an "upset" against the only unbeatean team in the pool.

Some teams play their beast only when they are between a rock and a hard place. I do think China is one these teams.

The last time Italy vs. China Italy destroyed the Asian team nearly by strong serves alone, I think China is even more vulnerable now...

• So today my italy even if they win in a tie...they're fixed in leadership of the pool and can't be reached by other teams? Is that?

• All of CEV likely to get to the QFs :thumbup:

As always CEV is underrepresented in numbers at Olympics (unfair qualification scheme), but because the best teams from there are all in, they have chances to perform pretty well.