2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• If USA beats Italy 3-0 or 3-1. And Turkey wins 3-2. Italy can be 4th (3-1 based on set-points ratio) LMFAO

And Serbia would be really grateful for that outcome, Turkey and Russia in QF better for us.

• I read in some blogs that USA lost on purpose in order to eliminate China. To be honest, I dont think at all about that. USA is far from being a team which play these kinds of tricks.

Nevertheless, with only one more drop of good coaching, USA could have get some sets and a point there. And China would have still had hopes for their match against Italy.

Many teams are relieved that China is eliminated.

they learned their lesson from London

• brazilian fans, please don't jinx it. my heart cannot take it... ;(;(;(;(||

anyway, it's a difficult path for brazil with only 1 setter in court because of macris' injury. they won't be able to utilize the double sub and that's crucial for a team like brazil.

with how things are happening, anyone can take the gold.

• I read in some blogs that USA lost on purpose in order to eliminate China. To be honest, I dont think at all about that. USA is far from being a team which play these kinds of tricks.

Nevertheless, with only one more drop of good coaching, USA could have get some sets and a point there. And China would have still had hopes for their match against Italy.

Many teams are relieved that China is eliminated.

It's so stupid to even think that the US would NOT want to be #1 and face an easy team next...oh Lord

• Where are the mathematicians of the forum? Is it true that all 4 teams have a chance to be 1st ingroup b?😂

No, one of the USA and Italy have to win LOL, so just USA, ITA and RUS could be first.

• brazilian fans, please don't jinx it. my heart cannot take it... ;(;(;(;(||

anyway, it's a difficult path for brazil with only 1 setter in court because of macris' injury. they won't be able to utilize the double sub and that's crucial for a team like brazil.

with how things are happening, anyone can take the gold.

i am still not convinced brazil gonna snatch the gold. they can win a medal, but the color is pretty much still up for grab. but with roberta, they seem to have a fresh beginning. tandara is stepping up her game. and all 3 wing spikers are performing well. hopefully they can continue the momentom.

• Jenny lang ping betting on Zhuting's performance(mostly due to wrist injury) is totally a failure!! It is time for Zhuting tototally recover from her injury now!!:teach:

Even before the tournament, I could tell it was time for LYY to become the ''ACE''. JLP somehow did not see that, I'm really surprised.

• Where are the mathematicians of the forum? Is it true that all 4 teams have a chance to be 1st ingroup b?😂

Italy cant be set lower than Russia in set points ratio.

If Italy loses next match 3-0 and Turkey wins 3-0 against Russia, Italy still has a better set ratio than Russia. But first, more points.

Italy can be from 1st to 3rd.

USA and Russia from 1st to even 4th.

Turkey from 2nd to 4th.

Yes, if Turkey wins 3-0 and Usa wins 3-2 Turkey ends up first (Turkey would have 2 as set ratio Usa 1.7), if Turkey wins 3-1 and Usa wins 3-2 they have the same set ratio so it goes to point ratio

Nevermind as someone already pointed out is impossible :rolll:

• No team in the world would deliberately LOSE in order to NOT be the #1 in the group stage. Please stop saying that the US would never do that, because there is no team that would do that. If a team was ALREADY fixed at #1, then it would be possible.